IGNORED

Bioshock initial impressions & questions

Atari5200

Am I the only one who wants to be the evil sonuvabitch in every game?

LOL I don't know what it is, but I only play "bad" if I have to, like it'll unlock something I wouldn't have access to otherwise, or now more recently if it'll snag me an achievement. It's like I feel bad being a dick (Mass Effect). In my experience however, many of the games where you can play as both, being bad in a game usually will get you some things quickly but in the end you wind up not being able to get as much/as power as if you played good. Probably the game maker trying to tell us something. Haha I was just messing with you though harvest away!! Either way BioShock is kick ass. I can't wait for the sequel.

I loved the crap out of this game as well (and I, too, can't wait for a sequel). While they did a nice job on making the game creepy, I have found that Half Life 2 is scarier by far (Ravenholm + those fast-moving, screeching zombies = terrifying). On the other hand, I LOVE the art style used for the buildings, etc in Bioshock... :)

I didn't find Bioshock to be scary at all...just creepy, which I enjoyed much more.

Yup....same here. All the ambient noises and everything is what made Rapture so creepy.

I loved just walking around and all the sudden hearing a Big Daddy plodding closer. I'd run and hide somewhere with a smile on my face and wait for him to clomp by.

I didn't find Bioshock to be scary at all...just creepy, which I enjoyed much more.

Yup....same here. All the ambient noises and everything is what made Rapture so creepy.

I loved just walking around and all the sudden hearing a Big Daddy plodding closer. I'd run and hide somewhere with a smile on my face and wait for him to clomp by.

Maybe that's my problem then when playing it and getting bored. As usual, I played with the sound more or less muted and with Jimi Hendrix tunes blasting from my stereo... :ponder:

Maybe that's my problem then when playing it and getting bored. As usual, I played with the sound more or less muted and with Jimi Hendrix tunes blasting from my stereo... :ponder:

Ah, yeah, playing it with the sound off would have the same relative effect in an audio sense that playing it on a black and white TV with low contrast on a bright day would have in a visual sense. It's as much of an audiogame as it is a videogame. Put the headphones on, turn the lights off and activate the rumble. It takes place underwater, you should let yourself feel immersed.

Plus, with the sound off you miss the funny period propaganda pieces that frequently broadcast over the PA system as well as some nice old tunes. Not that there's anything wrong with Jimi, but sometimes when you mix your mediums you risk diluting your experience.

I went to see this award winning critically acclaimed movie once, but it sucked. Of course I was sitting backwards in the seat blindfolded while talking on a phone the whole time, but that probably had nothing to do with it. :ponder:

:P :D

Bioshock is a masterpiece. :cool:

Yeah you were probably texting on that phone too, weren't yuh.... Yeaaaaahhh... :lol:

It probably had more to do with the fact you played Neopets BEFORE Bioshock.

Kind of a hard act to follow.

I'm on your page NE1. Not with Bioshock (dont have it) but sometimes I will jam some tunes will playing games. Not just 360 either.

Yeah, I'm probably that odd ball 1% whose played RockBand simply as a button-matching game while jamming tunes thru the receiver :ponder:

I'm probably that odd ball 1% whose played RockBand simply as a button-matching game while jamming tunes thru the receiver :ponder:

Really????

WEIRDO!!!! :P

Back to Bioshock, I'm a pretty decent way through it, I guess......SPOILERS AHEAD:

I'm to the part where Atlas reveals who he really is....I wasn't that surprised. When he acted all weird...I was like...that's probably Fontaine.

I'll miss Ryan. I wish you had a choice whether to leave him alive or not. I left Sander Cohen alive. He was a crazy sonuvabitch but I liked his sadistic-ness. :twisted: His level also left the most impression on me. Fort Frolic was AWESOME!!!

• 3 weeks later...
well I finished the game last night and wow. what a ride. fantastic game. Started out slow, but boy did it really play out well. outstanding story, outstanding voice acting, outstanding gameplay.

And..little sister savior..probably the achievement I'm most proud of.

that's the ending i got on it. i can't wait until number 2 comes out. i heared that you really get bad ending if you don't save the little sisters i'll have to play it again to see what happens.