IGNORED

I-War RULES!

Sayton

Weeks ago I hooked up the Jag cause I wanted to play some games that I never really played.

I-War was one of them and after a few minutes I put it up...I was really disappointed. I thought it a VERY boring game.

Well, the Jag comes back up today and after reading about "1st Person View" I gave it a second chance. IT ROCKS!

1st person IS the way to go on this game...I was in the default view at first and could not control the thing to save my life.

The only problems I have are no strafing and the bonus levels...the only problem with the bonus levels is the inverted controls. I hate invert and still can't get used to pressing down to move up. ARGH!

Other than that, I think I'm on level 5 now, not sure. But man, this game ROCKS and I'm having alot of fun with it. Personally, I think if people don't enjoy a game at first to give it a second chance...I-War is proof enough personal wise that a 2nd chance might change your opinion! Now if only I could 2-player this bad boy!

• Like 3

Weeks ago I hooked up the Jag cause I wanted to play some games that I never really played.

I-War was one of them and after a few minutes I put it up...I was really disappointed. I thought it a VERY boring game.

Well, the Jag comes back up today and after reading about "1st Person View" I gave it a second chance. IT ROCKS!

1st person IS the way to go on this game...I was in the default view at first and could not control the thing to save my life.

The only problems I have are no strafing and the bonus levels...the only problem with the bonus levels is the inverted controls. I hate invert and still can't get used to pressing down to move up. ARGH!

Other than that, I think I'm on level 5 now, not sure. But man, this game ROCKS and I'm having alot of fun with it. Personally, I think if people don't enjoy a game at first to give it a second chance...I-War is proof enough personal wise that a 2nd chance might change your opinion! Now if only I could 2-player this bad boy!

The 2-player game is fun but before you play the game start by cutting off the in game music that helps out in the game speed, thanks to rushed coding the game slows down in the 2-player game. ;)

Yeah really, we could definitely use more threads with bickering homebrewers. These annual I-War threads just drag the forums down.

LOL! I see your point. :cool:

However, one would think that there would be more threads about a top 10 Jag game than one firmly planted in the lower-middle of the library. Dunno, I guess it's just me, but I-War just doesn't light my fire like it does for many of you. I prefer my games to have decent controls and not move at a snail's pace, but that's just me. :D

I-WAR is TRON for the Jaguar.

What do you even think you mean by that?

I-War has a look and feel that is similar to the "Space Paranoids" or tank driver look in the movie TRON.

However, one would think that there would be more threads about a top 10 Jag game than one firmly planted in the lower-middle of the library. Dunno, I guess it's just me, but I-War just doesn't light my fire like it does for many of you. I prefer my games to have decent controls and not move at a snail's pace, but that's just me. :D

There is a lot of time talked about with Tempest 2K, Raiden, Doom, Battlesphere... the biggies. But sometimes it is good to find out what or rather why people like the others. I've pointed out that with time Bubsy is a great game (beat it again tonight), others have shown that the top view in Checkered Flag is a fun varient of the game, here we find out that the 1st person view from the tank is the way to go.

Some of these middle of the road games need some guidance at times to figure out a way to enjoy them that might have been missed at first.

Special alter I made just for this thread (and to be added to my Bubsy blog of course.) ;)

!-WAR

Yet another exciting thread to the Bubsy saga as he has to escape the Woolies' mainframe computer on the planet Rayon.

post-4709-1217553944_thumb.jpgpost-4709-1217554392_thumb.jpg

----------Modified one------------------------ Original --------------------

Edited by doctorclu
  • Haha 1

I-WAR is TRON for the Jaguar.

What do you even think you mean by that?

Oh, go slit your wrists you punk.

Never have I seen a positive comment about anything from you on this board, let alone the Jaguar. Why do you even care enough to waste your time bringing everyone else down? Just go die.

Edited by Gunstar

I-war has always been in my top 10 Jaguar games. While I do use 1st-person view the most, I do switch between them on occasion, like for instance, when you use your shields (when you get shields), the only way to check out the incredible reflective graphics of the shield is in the 3rd-person views! The number "5" view is like driving a remote control car and also gives you an expansive view of the area, not the best to play in all the time of course, but it definately has it's uses.

Oh, go slit your wrists you punk.

Never have I seen a positive comment about anything from you on this board, let alone the Jaguar. Why do you even care enough to waste your time bringing everyone else down? Just go die.

Quoted for pure awesomeness.

But now you've ruined it becuase your reply isn't negative! It's a first!

• 12 years later...

I've had a Jag since 1994 but hadn't played I-War until late last year after listening to its episode on Shinto podcast. I am thoroughly addicted. I was blown away by the colors and shading, and spent ordinate amount of time driving back and forth to watch things shift.

People commonly bleat about lack of strafing, but ... it's a tank. Tanks don't strafe unless you can traverse the turret. Typing of which, it's probably best to think of your craft as a tank destroyer, which don't have turrets.

I've been clearing basically a node a day for six months. I love that it's a great beer game: I get the action of entering a room and destroying stuff, but can then leisurely explore whilst doing some important quaffing.

Just a fantastic experience. (No, I don't have a pallet of them, so this endorsement is not an attempt to boost demand.)

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Editorb said:

I've had a Jag since 1994 but hadn't played I-War until late last year after listening to its episode on Shinto podcast. I am thoroughly addicted. I was blown away by the colors and shading, and spent ordinate amount of time driving back and forth to watch things shift.

People commonly bleat about lack of strafing, but ... it's a tank. Tanks don't strafe unless you can traverse the turret. Typing of which, it's probably best to think of your craft as a tank destroyer, which don't have turrets.

I've been clearing basically a node a day for six months. I love that it's a great beer game: I get the action of entering a room and destroying stuff, but can then leisurely explore whilst doing some important quaffing.

Just a fantastic experience. (No, I don't have a pallet of them, so this endorsement is not an attempt to boost demand.)

But then, a proper tank could rotate its gun independently from steering ;-)

• Thanks 1

Sounds like Shinto recently did an episode for i-War?   A game I'd actually played long ago and since forgot about.  And I can't recall if I played in first person mode so much.   I think last I played it I treated it more like the tank game Spectre on the Mac where you have your ship on the screen.

With this necrobump of this thread you got me wanting to check out the game again.

More Jag-Space Paranoids!!!   (Again TRON reference).  :P

• Like 1

21 hours ago, agradeneu said:

But then, a proper tank could rotate its gun independently from steering ;-)

I appreciate the note, so I don't want to seem pedantic, but I addressed that by mentioning traversing the turret (not always possible due to damage/obstacles) and that the vehicle is more like a tank destroyer, which didn't have turrets.

I neglected to brag on this game's soundtrack. I think it's my favorite, although when I think about video games, the opening theme for Irony Soldier often pops in my insanity jukebox.