IGNORED

I-War RULES!

Sayton

Its very similar to Cybermorph but I thought the older game was much better!

Hover Strike had more potential IMO, and Hover Hunter/Phase Zero was another very similar game.

I don't count Aircars. But all those polygon games looked a bit generic and cookie cutter design.

• Like 1

I developed a way to rationalize slowdown: I pretend I'm so wired on adrenaline due to the threats arrayed before me that time appears to slow. (The beerses might help with that.)

The music in I-War videos I've seen online is an utter mess. I'm guessing they used emulators, but it gives a very poor impression. (Not to mention the colors and shading pop better on CRT. Could partly be my connection choices, but S-video on my CRT is stunning compared to RF to my 75-inch LED. I know there are a lot of different technical issues involved there.) 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yeeeahhhh I can't rationalize the slowdown in this game, but I do enjoy it. Wish the game was shorter though as it's tough to complete in one sitting. Some of those late game bonus stages are a pain as well since you can barely see what you are doing (so much random trash flowing through the tube). The game has a good bit of a learning curve as well and the type of tank you pick makes a big difference in difficulty. That said, once you get into a groove with it, it is pretty fun for the kind of game it is.

• 3 months later...

Played through this game a butt-ton now. Heard about using jumper to go over wall into abyss, but instead, I managed to slip my heavy tank into crack in wall. Interesting superstructure in one pic.

49546847-F07C-421C-BD2B-3DEA6918B1CA.jpeg

2C8473AF-1AAC-43C3-8A9E-77EA75F33F56.jpeg

9ECAE339-9FEB-493E-B01B-E189055034A7.jpeg

Edited by Editorb
(Editorb’s note: I am Editorb.)
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Editorb said:

The Void in I-War includes a mirror reflection of a Dig-Dug cabinet. Interesting design choice.

Spookiest thing is the image of a super mega-stud centered on each screen. Well done, Imagitec.

Whatever drugs your are on I want some :)
Surprised you did not find the lost ET rom landfill under the first levels floor.

• Like 1

Coupla quirks I discovered. I'll try to make note of which nodes next time I go through the game.

1: One of the big, green rooms with pillars has a switch that appears only to turn the teleporter pad on an off.

2: One level has doors toward north of map that don't open no matter how many switches are thrown throughout the level. I've speculated maybe not throwing some of the switches might let them open, but they're also closed if encountered relatively early in the level.

I remain amazed by the colors, shading, and music. I go through phases where I'll play a node or two per day, once or twice through the game, then take break for a coupla weeks. Since discovering it listening to Game by Game Podcast almost two years ago, it's cemented a place in my top-five Jag games. If only I didn't squander 24 years of my life not playing I-War.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Damage Vector

One floor switch already triggered to red.

In bottom center square room with green spikes, post switch turns off teleport pad, changing it to blue square that tank bounces off. Turning switch back to green turns teleporter back on.

Energy Grid

Top center room has floor switch already triggered red.

Upper right room has floor switch already triggered red.

Teleport pads center right room mislabeled on map in most discombobulated fashion of entire game.

Most interestingly (to me), doors in lower center room do not open no matter how many switches are thrown elsewhere. I've backtracked a few times to see if they would work. There appear to be goodies in this forbidden room.

These are far from only quirks, but most are limited to map glitches related to teleport pads. (Teleports pad?)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot believe I was never a part of this original thread that dates back to 2008.

As part of a move and life simplification goal, I sold off nearly 80-85% of my Atari Jaguar video game collection. However, I-War was one of the ones I kept. It's always been one of my favorites! Love this game!!!

• Like 3

• 3 months later...