147 members have voted

1. 1. vote now

• I do believe!
    • I want to believe.
    • I will never believe.
    • atari landfill?
    • It's possible

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

yes, I know that there are dozens of landfill threads out there, but no polls to get raw data on who does and doesn't belive, so I created one.

BTW feel free to rant about why you do or don't believe (or just.... rant):)

Edited by 27ace27

You'll have to be more specific before I can give you an answer. I don't doubt that Atari dumped various things in various landfills at various times. However, I don't believe mythical nonsense like Atari burying several millions unsold copies of E.T. underneath a concrete slab.

just everything in general

You'll have to be more specific before I can give you an answer. I don't doubt that Atari dumped various things in various landfills at various times. However, I don't believe mythical nonsense like Atari burying several millions unsold copies of E.T. underneath a concrete slab.

"everything in general". LOL. How can you expect someone to respond to such a nebulous question?

Nevertheless, I can't necessarily fault your response because when it comes to this myth, "everything in general" is an apt description. That's its biggest problem--it seems to mean anything and everything, with no consensus on what, specifically, is being discussed. How can someone believe something or not, if they don't even know what they're being asked to believe in the first place? :ponder:

Did Atari bury things in landfills? Almost certainly. Probably multiple times and in more than one location. There is nothing remarkable about that.

But what did Atari bury and for what reason? Those are the only truly pertinent questions as they relate to Atari burying things in landfills. But no "concrete ;) " facts have ever been presented to support any of the proposed answers to those questions. Instead, we have only hyperbolical speculation.

Again, what is it that Atari supposedly buried, how much of it, and for what reason? Give me specific answers to those questions, and I'll tell you if I find the myth to be credible.

And what is it, specifically, that you people who are voting "I do believe" actually believe?

Edited by Christophero Sly

"everything in general". LOL. How can you expect someone to respond to such a nebulous question?

Nevertheless, I can't necessarily fault your response because when it comes to this myth, "everything in general" is an apt description. That's its biggest problem--it seems to mean anything and everything, with no consensus on what, specifically, is being discussed. How can someone believe something or not, if they don't even know what they're being asked to believe in the first place? :ponder:

Did Atari bury things in landfills? Almost certainly, probably multiple times and in more than one location. There is nothing remarkable about that.

But what did Atari bury and for what reason? Those are the only truly pertinent questions as they relate to Atari burying things in landfills. But no "concrete ;) " facts have ever been presented to support any of the proposed answers to those questions. Instead, we have only hyperbolical speculation.

Again, what is it that Atari supposedly buried, how much of it, and for what reason? Give me specific answers to those questions, and I'll tell you if I find the myth to be credible.

And what is it, specifically, that you people who are voting "I do believe" actually believe?

:ponder: That looks a lot like petty supercilious dogmatical quibbling to me. Why would you want something to make sense? I thought you were against things needing to make sense? Peace, love, dope! :lol:

:ponder: That looks a lot like petty supercilious dogmatical quibbling to me. Why would you want something to make sense? I thought you were against things needing to make sense? Peace, love, dope! :lol:
What are you on about? I honestly don't get where you're going with that reference. I gather that you're still stewing over our stupid argument. Why resuscitate that pissing match and drag it in here?

Tell me, am I going to have to suffer these sorts of gibes from you from now on? Talk about petty. That word should be tattooed on your forehead. :P

I gather that you're still stewing over our stupid argument.

Nope, not stewing. I just thought it was funny that not too long ago you were attacking me for trying to get you to explain your illogical post, but here you are doing a similar thing. If we're all supposed to have a who cares, nothing matters, up is down and down is up, pot smoking, hippie attitude when it comes to your posts, then shouldn't you have the same attitude when it comes to the posts of others? Just let it be. Smoke a joint and relax. Nothing needs to make sense. Your petty quibbling about unimportant things is unnecessary, unessential, unfortunate, and unwanted. We don't need to be makin' no sense 'round these parts.

I gather that you're still stewing over our stupid argument.

Nope, not stewing. I just thought it was funny that not too long ago you were attacking me for trying to get you to explain your illogical post, but here you are doing a similar thing. If we're all supposed to have a who cares, nothing matters, up is down and down is up, pot smoking, hippie attitude when it comes to your posts, then shouldn't you have the same attitude when it comes to the posts of others? Just let it be. Smoke a joint and relax. Nothing needs to make sense. Your petty quibbling about unimportant things is unnecessary, unessential, unfortunate, and unwanted. We don't need to be makin' no sense 'round these parts.

What are you even talking about? :? I never said 27ace27's post was "illogical". Nor did I attack him, like you attacked me. There's nothing in my queries to him on this subject that resembles the way you badgered me with your pointless semantics.

And where are you getting this who cares, nothing matters, hippie vibe? You're quite obviously grasping at straws because that's clearly never been my attitude. Quite the opposite. Probably to a fault. Whatever fantasy you're attempting to construct here, it's just another desperate and petty attempt to get under my skin, but it's not going to happen.

And if you're not still stewing about this, then why flame me with it weeks later in an unrelated thread? :ponder:

RT, whatever issue you have with me, we need to resolve it in private. OK? To carry on like this again would be beyond lame.

Edited by Christophero Sly

What are you even talking about? :? I never said 27ace27's post was "illogical". Nor did I attack him, like you attacked me. There's nothing in my queries to him on this subject that resembles the way you badgered me with your pointless semantics.

If you can't see the similarity, that's not my problem.

And where are you getting this who cares, nothing matters, hippie vibe? You're quite obviously grasping at straws because that's clearly never been my attitude. Quite the opposite. Probably to a fault. Whatever fantasy you're attempting to construct here, it's just another desperate and petty attempt to get under my skin, but it's not going to happen.

If you pay no attention to what you post, that's not my problem either. I was supposed to ignore what made no sense and not ask any follow up questions. To do anything else was 'quibbling'. You clearly want us all to act like doped up hippies when it comes to your posts.

And if you're not still stewing about this, then why flame me with it weeks later in an unrelated thread? :ponder:

If you consider that flaming, I hope you never really get flamed. You might soil yourself. I told you that I would try to remember your user name so I wouldn't create any followup replies since you'll label everything as petty quibbling instead of just replying like a normal person. Your user name is similar to a few others, so I had to put you on ignore to help me remember that you're the guy who wants doped up hippie replies. I can still read your replies by clicking on View this post and when I do that, it's a reminder of why you're on ignore. You usually have nothing to say that I need to reply to, but this time was just too funny. I know I was a bad boy for replying and not acting like the hippie you want us all to be, but it made me chuckle and I thought I would say something this one time. I promise this is it. No more replies to your posts unless absolutely necessary and then only in the style of a doped up hippie who doesn't care if things make sense. :lol:

If you can't see the similarity, that's not my problem.

If you pay no attention to what you post, that's not my problem either. I was supposed to ignore what made no sense and not ask any follow up questions. To do anything else was 'quibbling'. You clearly want us all to act like doped up hippies when it comes to your posts.

If you consider that flaming, I hope you never really get flamed. You might soil yourself. I told you that I would try to remember your user name so I wouldn't create any followup replies since you'll label everything as petty quibbling instead of just replying like a normal person. Your user name is similar to a few others, so I had to put you on ignore to help me remember that you're the guy who wants doped up hippie replies. I can still read your replies by clicking on View this post and when I do that, it's a reminder of why you're on ignore. You usually have nothing to say that I need to reply to, but this time was just too funny. I know I was a bad boy for replying and not acting like the hippie you want us all to be, but it made me chuckle and I thought I would say something this one time. I promise this is it. No more replies to your posts unless absolutely necessary and then only in the style of a doped up hippie who doesn't care if things make sense. :lol:

It would be pointless to respond to any of this. You're acting like a child.

Did Atari bury things in landfills? Almost certainly. Probably multiple times and in more than one location. There is nothing remarkable about that.

I mean the entire ET cart thing, and it's just if you believe in the majority of the story and if you dont believe in some of it, just say so ;) just google it or look it up here on AA