IGNORED

Atari Lynx and Neo Geo Pocket Color

sd32

Just look at the Mortal Kombat 2 prototype for the Lynx. That alone shows the Lynx's potential.

Argh, dont bring that back man!. I was so excited about the MK2 proto. I was dreaming about Sega Gamegears picture quality, with Sega Megadrives animation and pharallax, then again, probably to have both things was to much for the Lynx?. It was too good to be true :( .

• 2 weeks later...
Is that Zaku game still in development?

Of course. More information is available at the official website (www.zaku-lynx.com) where you can subscribe to the mailing list to be automatically notified of any updates. You can also visit the development website here, or PM me and/or Brandon Cobb ("Clean Larry" at AtariAge) if you have any additional questions.

It looks a lot like Air Zonk... :ponder:

Air Zonk was one of the game's original inspirations, yes. But I believe you will find Zaku is a very different gameplay experience.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, and after Zaku is finished, i bet TailChao will start working on Bonku wich will be inspired on Bonk :cool: :P ... of course i am just making that up, but it would be so awesome, i feel the Lynx lacks a truly great platformer.

Anyway, i have watched the video of Zaku so many times that i have it burned on my mind, it looks awesome! I love the artwork the graphics and the styles, it sure will be a terrific game, fo TailChao!

• 2 weeks later...

if you want a fighting game on the lynx. your only option is Pit Fighter. Sadly the controls in that game are horrible and the computer can have an unfair advantage at times. But i think the graphics in Pit fighter are way better than anything i've seen on Neo Geo Pocket. That little thing is really cheaply made and is no match for the Lynx in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...
if you want a fighting game on the lynx. your only option is Pit Fighter. Sadly the controls in that game are horrible and the computer can have an unfair advantage at times. But i think the graphics in Pit fighter are way better than anything i've seen on Neo Geo Pocket. That little thing is really cheaply made and is no match for the Lynx in my opinion.

s_PitFighter_3.png

I don't think this looks better than anything, to be honest.