IGNORED

The Behr Bonz Multicart - 127 games for your VIC-20 in ONE CART!

Mark Wolfe

Posted by "eslapion" from the Lemon64 forums:

http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25893

contact him via: http://www.8bitcentral.com

A simple little cartridge the same size as the board inside Commodore made VIC-20 game cartridges. Except of course, it contains 127 games instead of only one.

Now shipping!

30$ per unit. Canadian dollars.

Shipping cost depends on your location.

Picture:

http://www.amiga.org/modules/myalbum/photos/3740.jpg

Technical data here: http://8bitcentral.com/eslapion/behr-bonz.pdf

I just bought one of these using PayPal from eslapion and they're AMAZING, he's a very trustworthy seller.

127 games!!!

AE

Aggressor

Alien Blitz

Amok!

arachnoid

Artillery Duel

Astroblitz

Atlantis

Attack of the Mutant Camels

Avenger

Bandits

Battlezone

Black Hole

Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom

Capture the Flag

Centipede

Choplifter

Cloudburst

Clowns for Joystick

Clowns for paddle

Computer War

Congo Bongo

Cosmic Cruncher

Cosmic Jailbreak

Creepy Corridors

Crossfire

Cyclon

Defender

DemonAttack

Dig Dug

Donkey Kong

Dragonfire

Final Orbit + Bumper Bash

Frogger

Frogman

Galaxian

Garden Wars

Gorf

Gridrunner

IFR (Flight Simulator)

In the chips

Jawbreaker II

Jelly Monsters (clone of Pacman)

Jungle Hunt

Jupiter Lander

KEYQUEST

Krazy Antics

Lazerzone

Lode Runner

Lunar Leeper

Maze

Medieval Joust

Miner 2049'er

Mobile Attack

Mole Attack

Money Wars

Monster Maze

Moon Patrol

Mosquito Infestation

Motocross Racer

Mountain King

Ms Pacman

Mutant Herd

Omega Race

Outworld

Pac-Man (original)

Paratrooper

Pharaoh's Curse

Pinball

Pipes

Poker

Polaris

Pole Position

Predator

Princess and Frog

Protector

Q-Bert

Radar Rat Race

Raid on Fort Knox

Rally-X

Rat Hotel

Renaissance (Othello)

River Rescue

Road Race

Robot Panic

Robotron 2084

Scott Adams: Adventure Land

Scott Adams: Mission Impossible

Scott Adams: Pirate's Cove

Scott Adams: The Count

Scott Adams: Voodoo Castle

Sargon II Chess

Satellite Patrol

Scorpion

Sea Wolf

Seafox

Serpentine

Shamus

Sir Lancelot

Skibbereen

Skyblazer

Space Ric-O-Shay

Spider City

SPIDERS OF MARS

Spike's Peak

Spills and Fills

Squish'em

Star Battle

Star Post

Star Trek - Srategic Operations Simulator

Submarine commander

Super Amok

Super Slot

Super Smash

Terraguard

The Sky is Falling

Threshold

Tooth Invaders

Topper

Trashman

Turmoil

Tutankham

Type Attack

Typo

Video Vermin

Videomania

Visible Solar System

Edited by Mark_Wolfe

Oooh, that's kick ass! I'm definitely going to get one if possible.

It really is cool and for $30 sum bucks you can't beat it. I slapped mine in a dupe cart and popped it in the old VIC and have been playing for hours.

Are you saying it's just a board, and you have to put it inside a cartridge shell yourself?

Michael

Oooh, that's kick ass! I'm definitely going to get one if possible.

It really is cool and for $30 sum bucks you can't beat it. I slapped mine in a dupe cart and popped it in the old VIC and have been playing for hours.

Are you saying it's just a board, and you have to put it inside a cartridge shell yourself?

Michael

yep, take a look at the link to the picture of it. hey for $30, it's a DEAL. I had three copies of Radar Ratrace, one of which gave it's life for the cause ;)

Edited by Mark_Wolfe

Seriously? Ooh, that's good news. Any idea where I could procure one?

IIRC one of the 'multisystem' type DIN cables should work, like this one. I think a TI99 composite cable will work as well, though I'd have to verify that. Also, IIRC the Vic carries +12V on one of the video port lines (meant to power a RF converter) so don't hook that one to your TV. :)

@jessragan: ebay has 'em all the time for like 4 or 5 bucks. look for a 5 pin version, same as on the Atari 800XL

@crazyclimber: vic-20 has never been so easy to find these days. hell, I have one I can trade if you want. it's boxed even.

Edited by Mark_Wolfe

I have one of these multi-carts too. I love it. I still need to put mine in a case though.

read my first post.... the contact website is linked above :)

I am uncertain why you directed me to contact Francois. I already have the cart. I just hadn't placed mine inside a case yet. I just rectified that though, minutes ago. It now resides inside an extra copy of Avenger that I had. I figured that I had procrastinated long enough. :)

I have one of these multi-carts too. I love it. I still need to put mine in a case though.

read my first post.... the contact website is linked above :)

I am uncertain why you directed me to contact Francois. I already have the cart. I just hadn't placed mine inside a case yet. I just rectified that though, minutes ago. It now resides inside an extra copy of Avenger that I had. I figured that I had procrastinated long enough. :)

sorry, that was a complete mistake, I got jass's post confused with yours and clicked the wrong box, I thought someone was asking where to get one, but jass was asking where to get an A/V.... I was just seeing double or something... brain damage :P

Edited by Mark_Wolfe

IIRC one of the 'multisystem' type DIN cables should work, like this one. I think a TI99 composite cable will work as well, though I'd have to verify that. Also, IIRC the Vic carries +12V on one of the video port lines (meant to power a RF converter) so don't hook that one to your TV. :)

I can confirm that the same 5 pin a/v will also work on the TI99. That link you gave for a cable is pretty high priced. I see them all the time for half that.

Whomever is looking, just do a basic search on ebay for 'commodore video cable' and you'll find one for cheaper, just be sure it's 5 pin.

I can confirm that the same 5 pin a/v will also work on the TI99. That link you gave for a cable is pretty high priced. I see them all the time for half that.

Whomever is looking, just do a basic search on ebay for 'commodore video cable' and you'll find one for cheaper, just be sure it's 5 pin.

I can also confirm it's the same cable as the 800XL. Same cable for both machines. I want one of these carts, too.

Nathan

• 8 years later...

I have to bump this for a GREAT developer that still makes them :) I received two of these today and I have to say that if you have a Vic-20 and don't have one of these you are doing yourself a disservice! I don't want to publicly post the developer's email address, but if you want one PM me and I will pass it along. Really nice guy and really really great product and he has encouraged me to let others know that these are still being manufactured and sold. This thing had me consumed with Vic games half of the night :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am eslapion and I have restarted production of the Behr-Bonz multicart. I have about 30 units available.

Complete information:

New lower price - 36$US or 32.50 Euros!

The printed circuit boards have arrived in Montreal.

There is a new menu in the Behr-Bonz cart.

A friendly menu for the friendly computer!

Thank you e5frog !

Up/Down cursor keys to browse, or F1 and F7, select with Return.

Browsning can also be done with joystick up/down + fire.
Quick select using key 1-8 then choose game with lettered keys
according to column on the right.

This cartridge designed for your Commodore VIC-20 computer comprises 127 games, all of which were originally published as game cartridges between 1981 and 1984. No additional expansion is required to play them, except a joystick and, depending on the game, a pair of paddles.

The new Behr-Bonz will be slightly different from the Original with a new color in the menu and a button to reset to menu without the need to turn your VIC-20 off and on.

The Behr-Bonz multicart circuit board is exactly the same physical size as a Commodore made game cartridge so it can fit in the plastic case of a game you already own (4.5 x 9 cm). No plastic case is provided.

Just like original Commodore cartridges it uses gold plating to protect your cartridge port connector and for the longest possible lifespan. It is protected by a 90 day money back guarantee. Please note that out of the 100 original units made in 2008, not a single one was found to be defective nearly 7 years after their initial release.

-The price per unit of the Behr-Bonz multicart is 36$US or 32.50 Euros. Quantity discounts are available on quantities of 5 units or more.

-Shipping to the US is 10$US, Australia, South America, all EU countries and Canada is 12$US or 11 Euros - shipping cost is the same wether you order 1 or up to 7 units.

- YOU MUST SPECIFY WETHER YOU WANT A PAL OR NTSC VERSION - if this information is not specified then I will determine it myself according to the video standard available in the country of the shipping address

If you are interested, just send an e-mail indicating how many you would like to purchase to eslapion(aT)videotron.ca with the subject "Behr-Bonz purchase".

You will be added to a mailing list and informed - DO NOT PM ME HERE!
E-mails coming from unknown e-mail addresses with any other subjects will be deleted by the spam filter.

There is at least 3 improvements to the original cart:

- A "reset to menu" button. The original cart would send you back to the selected game when resetting the VIC because of the way it "locks" to the selected game to prevent games who write gibberrish in the IO2/IO3 region from causing problems.

- Improved PAL version menu colors. The colors of the menu are white text on black background and a blue border. This is an indication the version is 2015.

- Games can now be accessed quickly by pressing numbers 1 to 8 then the associated letter

FAQ:

* How do I disable the Behr-Bonz ?

Presently, if you want to return to BASIC startup without disconnecting the cartridge, just press '6' then press 'K' from the menu.

This actually selects one of the Scott Adams game but if you never start the game, you're effectively disabling the Behr-Bonz and falling back to an unexpanded VIC.

* How do I jump directly to my favorite game without having to scroll hundreds of titles ?

Press numbers 1 to 8 then press the letter associated with your favorite game. All games can be accessed quickly by pressing one number then one letter.

Edited by eslapion
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 8/11/2008 at 7:35 PM, Mark Wolfe said:

Posted by "eslapion" from the Lemon64 forums:

http://www.lemon64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=25893

contact him via: http://www.8bitcentral.com

I just bought one of these using PayPal from eslapion and they're AMAZING, he's a very trustworthy seller.

127 games!!!

AE

Aggressor

Alien Blitz

Amok!

arachnoid

Artillery Duel

Astroblitz

Atlantis

Attack of the Mutant Camels

Avenger

Bandits