IGNORED

TIP Animator

Wow That viper one looks really slick... Also some of those 3d models look really good..

Now all you have to do is incorporate 3d design features into the package and make something like imagine/alladin/tornado/lightwave for the XL/XE...

Edited by MEtalGuy66

Thanks MetalGuy,

but I did the same job as always: a) extract all frames from the animated GIF file (with Irfan View), b) convert every frame into TIP format (with TIP Conv. 1.0.0) and c) create the tip animation (with TIPANM26 and option 1 20 max). These are the steps I always do - and sometimes the result is as good as in Viper animation, sometimes its as bad as in headspin or boobs animation...

Anyways, for those that are interested, here are the original animated GIF files (that I used for my conversions, the trampolin.GIF is already uploaded here!)... Think I am gonna upload both the A8 *.XEX animation and the original GIF animation in future posts, so anyone can try to do it better... -Andreas Koch.

Hello folks,

just two more TIP animations:

- bailing 128k (nice animation)

- litelight 128k (boring animation)

The strange thing is, litelight requires only 47k but when I used onedic or onedic+exo I got an "file ANM.DAT is too long" error. Therefore I added the parameter v0 (longer ANM.DAT file, shorter DIC*.DAT file), but still the error was shown. So, I used parameters tipanm 1 4 max and simply created a 128k file and no error appeared... -Andreas Koch.

The strange thing is, litelight requires only 47k but when I used onedic or onedic+exo I got an "file ANM.DAT is too long" error. Therefore I added the parameter v0 (longer ANM.DAT file, shorter DIC*.DAT file), but still the error was shown. So, I used parameters tipanm 1 4 max and simply created a 128k file and no error appeared... -Andreas Koch.

add parameter PRG$400 (default=$2000) or DIC$ADDRESS (default=$4000)

after exomizing load address will $2000

Edited by tebe

Well,

creating TIP animations is pure fun !! Here we go...

- dancing girl 128k, looks really bad on the A8, because it was originally an animated ASCII girl !!

(not really a painted girl, just ASCII chars.!)

- santa 64k riding on a deer or however that animal is called ?!?

(includes three different files, take a look at the speed - delay$0003, 0005 and 0007 was used)

Have fun ! -Andreas Koch.

Well,

regarding the "Natasha" animation, ThomSW did send me the files and so I tried to create a better animation... but I think I failed. Allthough I removed some of the background stuff on the left side of the picture, there are still too many differences / changes between the frames, thus the animation is still very slow.

Besides, the GIF animation had only a resolution of 160x120 pixels, when I removed the left part of the picture I ended up with only 112x109 pixels (I also removed some stuff on the top and bottom). So the frames seem to be bigger (as if they were zoomed in), but that was not the case...

Anyway, here you have the original GIF animation and the new (+lame!) Natasha animation I created from it. Ok, I was a little lazy and used only frames 33-50 of the animation, thats why my TIP animation is so much shorter - but it still requires a 320k Atari to run... -Andreas Koch.

P.S.: If anyone can do it better - feel free to do so...

Back to 64k.

3D-scene and MaskedBart.

Edit: and Sonic! :)

Nice... I like the 3D objects and Sonic.

Seems strange, but I don't know the mechanics of the animation engine. The 3D ojects animation runs faster in PAL mode, and the Sonic animation runs faster in NTSC mode (literally, in this case :-P). This is under emulation.

Well - the animation in TIP-Animator is based of screen changes, ie. if some part (column) doesn't differ in following frame then it doesn't appear there. When the frames aren't very different the the animation runs faster (and can be more compressed, too!).

And yes - 3D animation runs faster in PAL as in run at its full speed. And Sonic has set 4-frame delay (otherwise the animation becomes a bit messy) and it runs faster in NTSC because of differet frame-rate. :)

(sorry if it's messy - just returned from my workplace ;) )

2.7 version.

Added fd parameter.

Syntax: fdxxxx:yyyy

It changes delay-value to yyyy from the frame xxxx to the end of animation (or next frame marked marked this way).

Here's the sample syntax of "Morphy" animation (included in ZIP):

tip_anm.exe 1 102 max delay6 v1 fd13:120 fd14:9 fd81:120 fd84:9 fd87:120 fd88:9 fd97:60 fd98:9

First parameter after fd is frame number and second one is the new value of delay.

The above change allows converting animations with "non-contant" tempo.

tipanm_27.ZIP

Edited by miker

Well,

some more animations... played around with:

- x-files intro 320k (I know TeBe already did a Gr.9+ demo with it, but anyways; used 3 different speeds: no delay, delay$0019 and delay$0029)

- outrun (?) 64k (the gif file was named auto_007.gif which means car_007.gif, not sure if it is outrun or another car-race)

- sexmach 128k (well, if Boobs wasn`t x-rated enough, this one is for sure !)

Have fun !! -Andreas Koch.