IGNORED

TIP Animator

Hmm,

3 a.m. in the morning here in Germany, time to go to bed - or alternatively upload some new tip animations:

- Chuck2: Chuck Norris hits a woman ! Another 320k animation, converted from an animated GIF...

- Mainzelmen: think you do not know these funny guys, but they are extremely well known here in Germany, they are named "Mainzelmaennchen" and short strips of them are always shown between adverts on a german tv-channel named ZDF; most (if not all) of the 15 animations require 128k memory...

- Starwars: another starwars animation, runs on 64k machines; for a higher resolution, take a look at the Gr. 8 "Starwars-Demo" by Chip Special and Analog Research...

- Transformers: well, not really, it is just a converted GIF animation which is quite similar to transformers (a giant robot transforms into a car); requires 320k memory...

- Waterfall: a simple waterfall animation, works on 64k machines...

All animations were done with OlivierP palette. And thats it for now. Goodnight - Andreas Koch.

Newtons Cradle

Hi tebe, is there any chance to have this in HIP format (as the image is greyscale only, this would eliminite the black GR.11 lines)? Don't know if the TIP animator supports this.

JAC!

Newtons Cradle

Hi tebe, is there any chance to have this in HIP format (as the image is greyscale only, this would eliminite the black GR.11 lines)? Don't know if the TIP animator supports this.

JAC!

Err well,

Tip-Converter by EPI (besides its name) can also convert JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, etc. into HIP format. So you can use e.g. Irfanview to extract all frames from the GIF animation, then use Tip-Conv 1.1 to convert all frames into HIP format.

This will give you only the HIP frames, you have to do the animation yourself then - but as a coder this should not be too hard for you !! Attached the tip-converter 1.1 here, it requires Java and you should start the *.JAR file to load the converter (which means *.JAR must be associated with Java; I had to un-tag the file association JAR in IZ-ARC first, to get it running)...

-Andreas Koch.

So you can use e.g. Irfanview to extract all frames from the GIF animation, then use Tip-Conv 1.1 to convert all frames into HIP format.

Hi Andreas, where can I get the original animation?

So you can use e.g. Irfanview to extract all frames from the GIF animation, then use Tip-Conv 1.1 to convert all frames into HIP format.

Hi Andreas, where can I get the original animation?

Errm,

on the internet of course - there is a small little firm ;-) called google. Use their site with the search string "cradle.gif" or "cradle animated" and click onto pictures, you should get thousands of results then (dozens of them are GIF animations, e.g. some can be found at wikipedia or wikimedia)...

Attached you can find the GIF animation which I converted into a tip animation... -Andreas Koch.

P.S.: I did not only use GIF archives or special websites to find GIF animations, quite often I simply used Google picture search and a search-string "xyz animated" (e.g. spheres animated, raytracing animated, GIF animated, etc.)...

Well,

here are some more tip animations...

- comp...: five more or less computer-related themes, the animations all run fine on 64k machines

- giraffe: two animations with a giraffe, both require a min. of 128k memory

- maus: two animations from a german children-series named "Die Sendung mit der Maus", they run fine on 64k machines

- moethrow: a simpson animation, which requires min. 128k memory

- sharks: surrounded by sharks, runs on 64k machines

- wolfwalk: a simple cartoon animation, runs on 64k machines

Good night - Andreas Koch.

• 2 weeks later...

Well,

here is a "human cradle", working on 64k machines (PAL, OlivierP palette)...

and now its time for me to end my work on tip animations. All tip animations I have collected (the ones I did plus many animations from other Atarians) can be found here:

http://www.atarionline.pl/v01/index.phtml?ct=utils&sub=2.+Grafika

Simply scroll down to "Tip Animator Anims" and click onto one of the three links. You will immediately see a list with hundreds of animations to download from there. Alas, not only my newer ones (re-worked animations), but also my old tip animations can be found there - so it is completely up to you which ones to select and/or to download...

-Andreas Koch.

• 4 months later...

Hehe, the game those girls came from is dated 1988.

I wonder how old are girls today (assuming that they were 25-30 y.o. that day).

icon_wink.gif

Edit: Bigger tips, hahahahaha :D :D :D

Edited by miker

But a VBXE version of the above would be nice. :D :D

Well, I could include some "interesting" links in this post which brings you to similar content in a resolution which outperform a VBXE multiple times but I think I won't :-)

Also, I don't really think I'll have to as most in here can find them by themselves :-)

• 5 months later...

Hello folks,

I have just uploaded a new video to youtube showing 50 different tip-animations:

and for all Atari Jaguar Fans:

- Jaguar Boot-Intro:

- Baldies:

- Battlemorph:

- Blue Lightning:

- Highlander:

- Iron Soldier 2:

- Tempest 2000:

- VidGrid:

- World Tour Racing:

Due to the low resolution of the 256-colour animations, better stay away one or two meters from the screen when watching these movies / animations... -Andreas Koch.