IGNORED

TIP Animator

Well,

my posting #285 from january 2010 did once contain a shortened 128k version of "moethrow", but after a while I removed the attachments here... for those that still want to see that 128k version, well, here it is (but as said before, shortened and with a smaller screen-picture).

-Andreas Koch.

moethrow_128k.zip

By the way,

does anybody know where to find the sources of the tip-animations "Zoom", "Transcendental" and "Buzzed" ?!?

Would be nice to have them in original format (animated GIF, FLI, FLC,... or as a movie), so I could give them another try (e.g. Zoom and Transcendental animated flicker-free with tip-animator 2xb) or make them work on real Ataris (Buzzed uses page 3 and therefore does not work on a real A8)...

-Andreas Koch.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks TeBe !!

Downloaded the animation and found out, that most/all of my video-players could not playback (Amiga) IFF videos. So I googled a bit and this is what I found:

- Multishow: a Java tool that can playback IFF and various other formats on the PC; should work on any PC that has Java available...

- IFFanimPlay: a Win32 tool that can playback IFF animations on the PC and extract the frames into .BMP pictures; this program runs on the command-line (short manual included)...

So now I can extract Buzzed (the Amiga animation) into a usable PC format and maybe later into a tip-animation that works on a real A8 - but it will take a while, since the animation has more than 1000 frames...

Andreas Koch.

iffanimplay_win32.zip

multishow.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Alright then,

here is my try with creating a tip-animation of "Buzzed" that works on a real A8. Two versions:

a) a 320k version with 188 frames, created with tip animator 2xb (flicker-free!) and OlivierP (PAL) palette; works on a real A8;

b) a 576k version with 450 frames and tip animator v2.9 and also OlivierP palette; has some frame-drawing here and there (typical for version 2.9 which is without double-buffer), just like the already released tip-animation - I had to use version 2.9 because of the high number of frames (would not have worked with so many frames and version 2xB); and for those that do not believe my current frame record, I have also attached the 450 tip frames here... this one also works on a real A8... Anyone able to create a tip-animation with more than 450 fullscreen (160x100) frames ?!?

I also gave "Moethrow" another try:

a) a 128k version showing the complete animation (not shortened as my older one) but with a narrow screen... added a basic-off switch and a loader title - read below...

b) a 320k version, with complete animation and full-screen but still working on a 320k machine (unlike Miker`s fullscreen version which requires a 576k machine)... put the XEX onto an ATR image and added a basic-off switch, as well as a loader title which has to be changed sometime (at the moment it shows "loading Jinks", which is not true of course)...

-Andreas Koch.

buzzed_320k.zip

buzzed_576k.zip

buzzed_576k_tips.zip

moethrow_128k.zip

moethrow_320k.zip

Well,

while searching for some more raytracing animations I stumbled over the "Amiga World animations video" on youtube and some other youtube videos I liked. So here are 5 new tip-animations:

1) the boings 128k: two funny guys on a spring... (from Amiga World animations)

2) futuristic lamborghini hovercraft 576k: a flying/hovering lamborghini...

3) orbiter 320k: a nice raytracing demo... (from Amiga World animations)

4) rollercoaster 320k: Mathy wanted a rollercoaster demo on the A8 so badly over the last years and this is what I found, a PC animation done with POVray and approx. 3000 frames; alas, due to the always changing background (sky and ground) only 75 frames could be used on the A8 with tip-animator 2xB...

5) warpdrive 128k: another simple raytracing demo with a spaceship flying around a sphere... (from Amiga World animations)

All these tip animations were created with (and should be played/viewed with) OlivierP palette. -Andreas Koch.

boings_128k.zip

futlambo_576k.zip

orbiter_320k.zip

rolcoast_320k.zip

warpdriv_128k.zip

Edited by CharlieChaplin

• 5 months later...

Hehe, played a bit with http://lolpics.se service and found this:

emogirl.zip

Note: this emo-girl is very deperated as she decides to use knife.

320k version, original gif attached in zip.

Hehehe,

thanks to the GIF source, here are two 128k versions of this ani...

-Andreas Koch.

emogirl_128k.zip

Hehe,

lolpics is a funny site. Downloaded and converted two animated GIF`s from it:

- missed: converted into a 128k and 320k tip animation, uses OlivierP palette...

- titcat: want a kitcat ? No. How about a titcat? alright then. works on 64k, OlivierP palette...

Andreas Koch.

missed.zip

titcat.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Any chance of an Animator for pure GTIA modes? gr. 9 10 and 11, compressed and uncompressed?

Well,

there is no pure GTIA animator yet, but there are already dozens of Gr. 9 animations. Just visit Fandal`s page,

- type in e.g. "Tomasz Biela" (TeBe) on the search and click on "in details". You will get 155 results - now take a look at all the Gr.9 screens, they are Gr. 9 animations in fact ! (e.g. Dance, Killer Whales, Comet, Tryby, X-Demo, X-Files, X-Files Intro, Time Video, Acid Video, Video [blitz], Jajko, Metamorphosis, Render, Road, Roura, Tour)

- or type in "David Spilka" (Datri) and click on "in details", you will get 156 results and there are a few Gr. 9 animations (Atari Experiment 1-5, Worms intro)

Maybe TeBe is so nice and creates a Gr.9/Gr.10/Gr.11 (and/or HIP) animator for us (and Epi is so nice also to enhance his TipConv. for Gr.9/10/11), who knows...

Andreas Koch.

• 5 months later...

Well,

the animation of the tv-series "Es war einmal... der Mensch" (do not know it s english title, maybe "Once upon a time... mankind") also includes the evolution and history of mankind; it requires 576k RAM however:

http://atarionline.pl/utils/2.%20Grafika/TIP%20Animator%20anims%20for%20extended%20memory/mensch_576k.xex

-Andreas Koch.

Hello,

@Sikor: Where did you find "Bambi meets Godzilla" ?!? I am asking because I have a very old Movie-Maker animation of this in my collection (works on 48k and/or 64k Ataris) - see attachment... ;-)

@w1k: Nice animation ! I also started with such flickery animations. Use tip-animator 2xb (double buffering) for less/no flicker; which palette do you use ? Don`t use the "default" palette, since this one is really bad. You can also lower the resolution of the frames (e.g. with Xnview, Irfanview and others) and then use a black border around each frame (so you have 160x100 pixels resolution again)... ;-)

Besides, I never thought this thread would come back to life again... ;-)

-Andreas Koch.

P.S.: Tip-Animator attached here includes version 2.9 and version 2xb; I also attached the Tip Conv. program, various palettes and some batch files I often use...

MVMANI1.zip

tip_animator_2xb.zip

Edited by CharlieChaplin