IGNORED

TIP Animator

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are some animated illusions.

Some require 64k, some require 128k RAM.

If I remember correctly, the colour animations use OlivierP palette and thus work best on PAL computers or emulators set to PAL (but there are also a lot of greyscale animations).

Hope you like them or at least some of them...

illusions_64k_and_128k.zip

• Like 1

Here are some animated illusions.

Some require 64k, some require 128k RAM.

If I remember correctly, the colour animations use OlivierP palette and thus work best on PAL computers or emulators set to PAL (but there are also a lot of greyscale animations).

Hope you like them or at least some of them...

Thanks for posting this one. Nice one.

illus21.xex is the same one as in the programming section - as "Interesting Effect".

I wonder how many frames it used to achieve this - and whether it'll look better in some other graphics mode?

I have not looked at all of the files running - but see that some do stand out to good effect, but with many not looking good at all - would be disappointing to see running, after going to all the trouble of making it run on the A8.

A few might possibly look better with some colour added? maybe..

Harvey

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the links!

So here are the 320k animations for NTSC and PAL - that also work on the real A8 (your 576k ani seems to work only on the emulator due to the last segment using $0400-84xx)...

fruits_320k_OliP.xex: unpacked 320k ani, using OlivierP palette

fruitsP.atr: packed 320k ani, using OlivierP palette

fruits_320k_OliN.xex: unpacked 320k ani, using OlivierN palette

fruitsN.atr: packed 320k ani, using OlivierN palette

The original animation used 192 frames (640x440 pixels), my conversion has only 96 frames (160x100 pixels, fullscreen)...

fruits_320k_Olip.xex

FruitsP.atr

fruits_320k_OliN.xex

FruitsN.atr

Edited by CharlieChaplin

• 4 months later...

I convert images to the A8 when I'm bored. So when I saw this I was hooked!

I was going to write a program to do animated GIF type of deal, but now I don't have to. ;3

I had a few pony GIFs I wanted to convert to the A8.

Turned out really great looking! I was very impressed, but I couldn't figure out how to get it to work with 64k based on the previous instructions I saw in the thread.

So if someone knows how to do that, included the .XEX and .TIP files.

Enjoy!

Pinkie_a_Saffron.xex

Pinkie_a_Saffron_TIPs.rar

Hmmm,

some general tips:

1) TIP pics can have 160x119 pixels max. resolution, BUT: TIP Animator uses max. 160x100 resolution, so downsize all pics to 160x100 pixels (or a resolution that is smaller than 160x100 pixels, see point 2)...

2) you may also choose a lower resolution to save memory - but then you have to create a black border around every picture/frame so that it has 160x100 pixels again (use batchfile processing to do so)

3) if you want flicker-free animations you should use TIP Animator 2xB, but this requires min. 128k RAM (a 64k version is not possible here!)

4) if you can stand some flicker and/or really really want a 64k version, you should use TIP animator 2.9

5) assuming a 64k version works with TIP Animator 2.9, type in the following in the command prompt:

TIPANM29 (or your filename of TIP Animator 2.9) 1 20 max

If a 64k version is possible the program will give you a short note like this:

TIPANM 1 20 onedic+exo prg$0400 dic$xxxx

For the animation to work on the real A8 you should use:

TIPANM 1 20 onedic+exo prg$0700 (+300) dic$xxxx (+300)

6) in your case, a 64k version with 160x100 pixels (fullscreen) TIP frames did never work, I had to downsize the pics to something between 100x70 and 80x50 pixels and then create the black border around them (so the size was 160x100 again but with a huge black border); the animation worked with 64k then, but the viewable screen/gfx window was very small then;

7) another trick besides reducing the picture size is to use only every 2nd, 4th, 8th, 16th, etc. frame; tried it with using only every 2nd frame, but with fullscreen 160x100 TIP frames even this did not work and a 64k version could not be created; thus you may have to downsize the frames AND skip frames (use only every 2nd frame)...

8 ) if you skip a lot of frames, the animation (or micro-movie) gets a lot faster, you may change this by adding a delay (making the animation or movie slower again)...

In your version I downsized the frames to 94x70 pixels resolution (created a black border around them), then skipped every second frame, so that only 10 of the 21 frames were actually used; in the command prompt I then typed:

TIPANM29 1 10 max (creates 128k version)

and it responded with:

TIPANM 1 10 onedic+exo prg$0400 dic$2f60 (creates 64k version)

so I did the animation again with these settings:

TIPANM29 1 10 onedic+exo prg$0700 (+300) dic$3260 (+300) delay9

And voila, I got a packed 64k animation with 23k in length... you may play around with frame resolution, frame-skipping, delay, colour-palette (I use OlivierP palette, since I am from Germany) and other settings to get a better result than I did Have fun !

P.S.: Don`t type the (+300)... this is only a note that you should use a higher memory adress.

Pinkie_a_Saffron_64k.xex

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Here are some Raytracing Anmations, converted with TIP Conv. and TIP Animator for the A8.

Afair, the GPURay1.XEX requires 128k RAM, whereas GPURay2.XEX requires 576k RAM.

All other raytracing animations work fine with 320k RAM. Used palette was OlivierP (PAL)...

Depending on your screen (monitor, tv, etc.) size, you should watch these animations 1, 2 or 3 meters away from the screen.

Raytracing_Tip_Anims.zip

Edited by CharlieChaplin

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...