IGNORED

Turbografx-16 HSC Round 1 *Blazing Lasers*

Atari5200

Welcome to the inaugural round of the TG-16 HSC!!!!

The game is BLAZING LASERS. Probably one of, if not the best shoot em up on the system. If you have a TG-16 and don't own this game, I highly recommend you buy it.

The rules are simple. Any system can be used, base, express, duo. Emulation is ok. Screen shots preferred but not necessary to submit score. High score after the end of the round wins!!!

The competition will end on 9-14-2008. ADDED A WEEK SINCE I WILL BE ON VACATION WHEN IT WAS ORIGINALLY ENDING

So lets get our TG-16's fired up and get blasting for those high scores.

SCREEN SHOT:

blazing.jpg

FINAL LEADERBOARD: updated 10/02/2008 at 12:14pm

bust3dstr8: 13,359,560

Atari5200: 13,180,450

ace_1: 13,069,190

nat: 12,906,920

darthkur: 2,055,240

RJ: 796,450

Artlover: 229170

Edited by Atari5200

yes when I get around to it, which won't be today :) all of the HSC I run the leader board gets updated when I am able to do it or feel like it.

:cool:

Yeah, you do run quite a few of them, don't ya. I'm sure you got better things to do then lurk around 24/7 waiting to update the scores and junk after every post.

It's all good, just wondering. :P :D

i guess I suck at this game, so far I've surpassed ArtLover in score, but I can't get passed the 3rd level, so i'm scoring over 300k that's it, others are posting in the millions, I'm embarrased to post my score..lol. This is such a fantastic shooter though, I have to keep trying.

i guess I suck at this game, so far I've surpassed ArtLover in score, but I can't get passed the 3rd level, so i'm scoring over 300k that's it, others are posting in the millions, I'm embarrased to post my score..lol. This is such a fantastic shooter though, I have to keep trying.

You see those powerups that "stop" when you shoot them and make a clanking noise? Keep shooting them until they turn into a glowing ball that floats upward.

Then collect that ball and it will give you 1 ship-continue. In other words, if you die, the game won't stop (which it usually will do) and the next ship will just come out and you just keep on going from that point without interruption. I think this is the most essential tip to getting far in Blazing Lazers :)

post-10357-1219161232_thumb.jpg

You see those powerups that "stop" when you shoot them and make a clanking noise? Keep shooting them until they turn into a glowing ball that floats upward.

Then collect that ball and it will give you 1 ship-continue. In other words, if you die, the game won't stop (which it usually will do) and the next ship will just come out and you just keep on going from that point without interruption. I think this is the most essential tip to getting far in Blazing Lazers :)

I also want to thank you for that valuable tip. That makes a huge difference. Without that knowledge there's no chance I could've gotten as far as I just did. :thumbsup:

boy i'm pissed, had a really good game going tonight, was over 1 mil points, dog needed to come in, i put the turbo express down and must've bumped the ac adaptor cord the wrong way and the damn thing turned off. grrrr, now i'm to mad to play again, will have to try later, but at least now I can get a respectable score.

boy i'm pissed, had a really good game going tonight, was over 1 mil points, dog needed to come in, i put the turbo express down and must've bumped the ac adaptor cord the wrong way and the damn thing turned off. grrrr, now i'm to mad to play again, will have to try later, but at least now I can get a respectable score.

Just put yourself in 3rd place with "over 1 million". :cool:

Don't look like anyone else is playing anyways, and I suck at this game, so it would probably end up being right anyways. :P ;)