IGNORED

Fire Spinner?

Chris++

Has anyone heard of this VCS game? My friend Adam and I played it over the weekend, thanks to his Worship the Woodgrain CD set. But upon trying to find the manual for it on AA, I've discovered that searching for anything like "Firespinner" or "Fire Spinner" renders no results (even internationally).

There's a guy at the bottom of the screen. There's a brief, "3-D" (heh) corridor above him, and then at the top, some sort of box is spitting balls of fire down towards the hero. The guy himself can be made to throw fire if he twirls it above his head long enough, but we tried for an hour and couldn't figure out the exact controls. Strangest game I've ever seen! Did the Worship the Woodgrain game listing get the title wrong? Has anyone ever heard of this?

Thanks for any insight --

CF

I have played this on the 255 multicart I bought at CGE 2002.If this game ain't finished,then how to control the guy is a mystery.I was under the impression that the object is to catch the flame;don't know if ya throw it back or wait for it to burn out?At one point I had the flame the guy was holding spinning around...I'll try it again tonight.

• 21 years later...

I had the standalone cartridge of this back in the game. Honestly. It was my first and only game for a while, So I played it till I maxed out the scores to 999999 (or as many digits as it could get). Obviously nothing happened at the end :D

If I remember correctly, to throw fire you need to spin the fire using joystick up key and at a very specific angle press the fire button to release it (something like 1 o'clock to throw at top-left) before you get hit by the machine fire throwing at you.