IGNORED

Previous 7800 HSC Rounds

shadow460

Sure, how's this?

post-1544-1176166864_thumb.jpg

So far.

It's actually on pause because I got bored killing guys

Changed my game plan from charging up screen as fast as I can to complete each section to killing a million guys and not moving forward at all. Working so far :D

Lousy way to play the game though. No fun.

But I wanna see if I can crack a million

It's STANDARD so I didn't beat your Twin Galaxies score.

And I'm sorta cheating anyway

I'm at over 2.5 million right now.

There are spots where you can just sit and pick off guys till infinity.

Been inching along at 300 points for the past 3 days and still going.

Only my 200,600 score should count

Entries into Twin Galaxies require quite a bit more scrutiny than the honor system used here. Even if godzillajoe had beaten your TG score, you could rest easy since he'd have had to record the whole thing on tape in order to submit it.

The other thing is that when a user requests that one of their scores not be used in the scoreboard (unless it's for something like lacking a screenshot), it won't be posted on the board.

This is just for fun anyway. Even if one of the HSC members smoked the Twin Galaxies records every single week, we would still be just having fun.

Did ya kill a buncha bad guys yet?

I actually used an adjustable wrench to hold down the fire button and am still blasting away. :-)

post-1544-1176293417_thumb.jpg

If you stand right here, they can't ever get you

post-1544-1176293470_thumb.jpg

BTW the TG score is on the default setting which is NOVICE.

We're playing on STANDARD

Though I am gonna try NOVICE and see how I do.

This game gets crazy hard after the second set of missions is completed

Hey, guys, my apologies for not getting Rampage up. I'll try to get it up tomorrow and run it until Tuesday of the following week. Yep, it'll run nine or ten days.

I've been sicker than a dog this week, so even getting outta bed is a chore.

Atari Pro System High Score Competition

You and a friend have been cooped up too long, and now it's time to have a little fun. You've got plans to literally go out “on the town”. Food's a little scarce, but there should be plenty of humans, buses, helicopters, and the like to keep you well fed.

Climb the towers and grab up every tasty morsel you can, but be sure to leave the electrical stuff alone. Your cage opens. You're moving out into the world. There's your buddy, ready to start devouring. It's time to go on a Rampage!

This week's game:

Bally Midway's Rampage

Difficulty: Both switches in the B position, standard difficulty. The game goes until all three continues are gone or you trash all the cities.

Recommended Controls: Pro Line Joystick

Challenge:

Trash all 132 cities.

Congratulations to Shawn Sr. and Dauber for meeting the challenge in Asteroids. They beat my high scores to earn bragging rights. Challenge was to beat 36,750 points, and they did.

Also, congrats again to Dauber for meeting the challenge in Pac Man Collection!

Next week will be Double Dragon, and then the HSC will be on hold until next fall. Thanks to all those who have made this season possible. To Al, for the site. Thanks to kenfused, PacManPlus, and Schmutzpuppe for the use of their titles. Most of all, thanks to the participants—you are what the High Score Competition is all about.

Best soldiers:

1. LarcenTyler 277,600

2. godzillajoe: 200,600

3. JimboGames 92,000

New records:

godzillajoe: Joust 149,850

Jumping is faster than walking while you're on the ground. Watch the pattern that the enemy helicopters use to attack, and don't forget you can punch the out of the air.

Watch where you're punching into the buildings—you should try to play your strategy to grab more humans to eat than you punch out.

Sounds good. I'll get it typed up this weekend and run it at least a week. After that, it's the end of Season 2.

How about one last "second chance" oppertunity the following week. I got PacMan Collection and Asteroids too late to play the first time.

• 4 months later...

*Thanks to shadow460 and Atarifever for keeping the dream alive*

I know this month is almost over......but I reckon we can still get some crazy scores in by the end. A link to the original HSC Food Fight is at the bottom so you can get some tips, see what your hi-score was then, etc. We're still playing on Intermediate starting from Level 1.

Challenge: Get two Instant Replays in a game.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=96256

After a few games last night, that was my best score. I did find something a bit odd. I remember people saying that replays were more likely on levels like the Watermelon level but I got an instant replay on Level 7.

Tips:

Sometimes the better thing to do is just race for the cone and dodge the oncoming food. It makes it a lot easier and you can concentrate better. In the later levels, trying to fight it out with the chefs is suicide.

I was zoning out last night, listening to Slayer, so maybe that would be a reason I scored pretty good. :cool:

I think I had a better score the last go around, too. Somewhere around 500,000, maybe. I'll have to check the original thread. I guess I got a little rusty since the last time I played.

Back on topic, I still haven't passed my hi-score in this thread. Been getting my ass kicked the last few games.