IGNORED

Sega Master System HSC previous rounds

You knew it was coming. ;)

From the back of the box:

The most life-like karate game ever to meet the video screen. It's a post-nuclear war setting. And the bad guys seem to be getting the best of things. You use your Black Belt standing to try to restore order to a chaotic world. In each round you must battle an entire enemy corps as well as it's leader. And in each round the backgrounds-as well as your opponent's fighting styles-continue to change. Use everything the masters have taught you to stop the violence and restore peace.

There is only one setting/difficulty. NO CONTINUES. No point scumming......remember there's a time limit in this game. Best tips get an extra +2 points. Beat the challenge and get an extra +5 points.

Challenge: Beat the game in one life. It's possible, as I have played this game to death and mastered it.

Contest ends next Thursday at around 8-9 p.m CT.

And with that....let's begin this inauguration of the SMS HSC!!!

*EDIT*: Is there a manual for this game, I can't really figure out how the hell to play it. I can't seem to super jump to get the things that float across the top of the screen. I did it once by shear accident, and can't reproduce it.

Edited by Artlover

If ya get back into the groove of this game, anything is possible Bydo. :)

There's like a pretty concrete formula on not dying. Basically, know the miniboss patterns and styles and main boss patterns. Also, on the main level, be sure to always grab the chinese symbol when it floats by.....gives you invincibility for a short time, and that can help sometimes, especially on the ninja level.

Ok, I played for about an hour and a half, finally made it past the first boss and then it was easy, I made it through the second boss and died on the 3rd in the same game. I'd say superjumping to get the food and kanji symbol are a must.

I don't know how to take a screenie in Mekaw yet. Does anyone use a different emulator?

Edited by Blackjack

I haven't tried Mekaw yet.....but, like in all other HSC's, screenshots and pictures are optional. The honor system is in full effect. :) I try to take screenshots whenever I use an emulator, but since I don't have a digital camera, I can't get pictures when I play on real hardware.

You said you died on the 3rd boss. The sumo wrestler, Gonta, who slides across the floor. He's tricky at first....if you've never played the game before. Here's a clue: use the super jump. ;)

*EDIT*: Is there a manual for this game...

Just checked but sorry, not in my collection. My SMS manual collection is rather small.

As for Black Belt......I'm not very good at this.....My final score was 131XXX...(It's hard to get a screen of the final score because it goes straight to the GAME OVER screen)

Here's the guy that kicked my ass. :P

post-15767-1192253681_thumb.jpg

Edited by user42

Thanks for the tip, I got past the big sumo ok, now I'm getting my butt kicked by all the arab ninjas and that damn bird! :) fun game, good choice.

I'll give it a rest 'til tomorrow, I need to try to improve my Turmoil score some ;)

User 42..... Where did you find the manual pdf's? I've been looking and can't find any.

Edited by Blackjack

User 42..... Where did you find the manual pdf's? I've been looking and can't find any.

I moved my list to your other thread but I have been collecting for a long time so it's hard to say , they are from all over. (Although I have scanned many manuals, I never scanned any SMS)

Current standings:

1. PressureCooker2600 - 576600

2. Blackjack - 416800

3. 8th lutz - 245500

4. user42 - 131000

5. Artlover - 93100

Challenge: Completed once.

There's more butt-kicking to do guys. Don't stop now. :cool:

And I figure I'll have a poll for next week's game on Monday....instead of the night before.

Edited by PressureCooker2600

The female boss has to be hit with a variety of moves to hurt her any.

Try punching and kicking, then use the kneeling punch and kick. Just use them all over and over. Let's see if you can find the secret to finishing her off. ;)

And how long did it take you to find the secret to beating Oni?

I can't even get past the first boss. I jump around kicking and punching, and never do more then 25% damage. I tried playing for hours. With knowing how to high-jump now, I can get to the boss level without dying, not that it did me any good. I couldn't even score as high as I did for my posted score (which was the first time I ever played). All subsequent plays have been down in the low 70k range. :roll:

And how long did it take you to find the secret to beating Oni?

Not too long really, he's not that tough if you avoid the charge by high jumping, and make sure to stay out of his way when he starts his jumping.

I can't even get past the first boss. I jump around kicking and punching, and never do more then 25% damage.

Try jump in/kick... then quickly back away and repeat.

Oni isn't the sumo boss......that's Gonta.

Oni is the ninja boss with the mask. How long did it take you to figure him out?

To Artlover: Don't worry about high-jumping against Ryu. Do as Blackjack suggested....jump in with a kick and then a solid punch, then jump away. Never try to go blow for blow with him.

Oni isn't the sumo boss......that's Gonta.

Oni is the ninja boss with the mask. How long did it take you to figure him out?

I haven't learned all the names yet :)

Actually, I lucked into figuring him out on only like the second time I fought him. It took me a lot longer for Gonta

and I STILL can't beat the female (Rita, what a name)..... I'm getting frustrated. I've been trying to vary my attacks as much as possible

but I never get her down past about 25%.

For anyone interested in a tip for beating Oni..... you can out punch him. He's the easiest boss to beat (so far) once you figure it out.

Edited by Blackjack

Heres a basic "Beat Rita" strategy:

Punch her.....if her energy goes down, kick her. Then kneel kick her.....then kneel punch her.

Rinse, wash, and repeat.

Like I said earlier, the trick is finishing her off when she has literally no energy left. But I'll let you figure that out.

It's all in the air. ;)