IGNORED

8-bit Dark Chambers

Gregory DG

Ya know, I don't think I ever plugged it in. My guess is that it would be a little worse than the 7800 version and much better than the 2600. It requires 64K so it should be above average for a XE game, but then the XE isn't on par with the 7800 graphically for the most part. I know the XE version of Food Fight was a major disappointment compared to the 7800.

Tempest

As the link points out, this was originally an 800 game and then an arcade hit. The APX title was "Dandy". When Antic magazine acquired the rights to the defunct APX catalogue, they re-released it as "Dandy Dungeons". Hmm do you think Atari made a good profit on it? I mean they paid Palevich an APX fee and then spun off all the other games mentioned.

• 20 years later...

Here's a version that I applied the "Doors Don't Need Keys" patch to, from this thread: Atari 8-bit Game Patches

Not exactly what you're looking for; but it does get you through the game a lot quicker. You'd, of course, have to play "fairly" after reaching whatever level you want to get to; but, then, it would feel a bit pretentious, knowing you could cheat at any time.

Dark Chambers (Keyless).xex