IGNORED

Atari Boxed Collection Pictures! *Updated*

toymailman

I finally got a round to taking some updated pics of my boxed collection. Still a few expensive holes to fill (that probably won't get filled) ie. "Out of Control" at >$2000!! But I'm happy! :D

post-10944-1219640434_thumb.jpgpost-10944-1219640164_thumb.jpg

post-10944-1219640141_thumb.jpgpost-10944-1219640175_thumb.jpg

post-10944-1219640154_thumb.jpgpost-10944-1219640184_thumb.jpg

I am working on a better way to display my unboxed homebrews/hacks/repros and games for which I haven't got the box yet (ie. Q*bert's Qubes). Right now they are all in a drawer about 5 carts deep.

post-10944-1219640197_thumb.jpg

Jesus! I wish I had a collection like that.. my first collection of games (mostly 2600 though, only 7800 game I had was Pole Position II) was decent, but none in boxes.. that got lost in a move hell, ten years ago.. I'm just now starting to build it back up, and I don't have very many right now, and NO 7800 games :( I'm at maybe 20 now, but I just pulled my 7800 out of storage, refurbished my controllers, and I'm looking on ebay for lots of games now.. damn those boxes for being so hard to find

On the giant list, there were 2 versions, but I see Atarimania has an international version, so I'll have to add it. I don't have a photo of the 2nd box though.

Phil

What I noticed is that his shows the hunter on the spine, but no title. Mine has the title on both spines.

:ponder:

There is a version with no title on either spine. That's the version I have. would gladly trade it for one with the title on spine. Any takers?

Thanks for all the nice comments guys! It's been about 2-1/2 years since I got a Flashback 2.0 that reminded me of how much fun the games were. Then I got the set I had as a kid from my Dad (who still had it and takes meticulous care of everything!). Then I hit the few local stores here, and eventually got on the auctions sites and joined AA. Not Alcoholics Annonymous, but this is about as addicting anyway! :D

Awesome collection!

Two questions I have to ask:

1) Are there two different versions of the Skeet Shoot box?

2) What's up with the Sears "Slot Machine" box?

Thanks for sharing the pix!

1) No, I only have the one version with the pic of a hunter on the spine. The games next to it on the shelf are NTSC versions of Bobby is Going Home and Mr. Postman.

2) That was something I got in an eBay lot. Someone ruined a Sears "Slots" box by taping the atari version name over it. Musta been a Sears hater or something.

I haven't really tried to collect Sears titles much as my original goal was just to get unique games to play. The three Sears ones I "needed" are the exclusives that I've placed on the Atari shelf. If I get Sears titles that I don't have then I'll stick them on the shelf, but I'm running out of room!

Wow! you got a lot of special boxes for some of those homebrews and protos, that of course none of the rest of us could even think of getting now.

I have been at this for 7 years and your collection is better! I curse you.... to enjoy Atari games for all eternity!

Wow! you got a lot of special boxes for some of those homebrews and protos, that of course none of the rest of us could even think of getting now.

I have been at this for 7 years and your collection is better! I curse you.... to enjoy Atari games for all eternity!

LOL! :D

Actually, some of those boxes I made myself. ;)

However, others are ones that did come with the original homebrew.

• 2 weeks later...