IGNORED

A game where you put out fires?

Spector

What is the name of the 2600 game where it shows a skyscraper then cuts to inside the building and you have to put out all these fires before getting out? I don't think it's fire fighter, so someone remind me. I found the bin file on my cuttle cart minidisc but I didn't label it, so I don't know what it is! Thanks in advance... :)

Yeah,Towering Inferno is a cleverly programmed/designed game.I mean if you think of a game where you have to put out fires in a skyscraper,on the 2600 for that matter,especially back when the game was conceived,you would think,or I would anyway,"Now I wonder how the hell they're going to pull that off",but they did.

Edited by Rik

From the manual:

Towering Inferno Trademark owned by TWENTIETH CENTURY-FOX CORPORATION and used by U.S. Games Corporation under authorization.

So yes, the name/premise was based on the film. Probably because the license would have been pretty cheap (because the film had already made it's rounds into home video)...slightly boosting projected sales through name recognition. Tho they might have been able to use the title w/o reprocussion if they wanted to (it's not called 'The' Towering Inferno).

What is the name of the 2600 game where it shows a skyscraper then cuts to inside the building and you have to put out all these fires before getting out? I don't think it's fire fighter, so someone remind me. I found the bin file on my cuttle cart minidisc but I didn't label it, so I don't know what it is! Thanks in advance... :)

You maybe thinking of ScrapperCapper It was one of the BountyBob that never made it out?