IGNORED

Stelladaptor Waiting List

Albert

We are going to produce another run of Stelladaptor 2600 to USB adaptors. These allow you to use 2600 controllers (joysticks, paddles and driving controllers) with various emulators for the PC and Mac. Please send me a PM and INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you'd like to be put on the waiting list and notified when they are available.

Stelladaptor_45.jpg

Thanks!

..Al

I've forgotten...what's the cost again?

These are going to be $40 plus shipping. More expensive than previously, but my costs have gone up and they are time consuming to build and test. This will likely be the last batch. We'll make several hundred of them, but after that unless we completely redesign them, it's unlikely we'll see more.

..Al

• 2 weeks later...
I've forgotten...what's the cost again?

These are going to be $40 plus shipping. More expensive than previously, but my costs have gone up and they are time consuming to build and test. This will likely be the last batch. We'll make several hundred of them, but after that unless we completely redesign them, it's unlikely we'll see more.

..Al

Please place me on the waiting list.

Has anybody who's already got one used it successfully with paddles with StellaX on a Mac running OS X? I've got a different 9-pin to USB adapter, and it works with a joystick, but I can't get it to understand paddles right, so I'm curious.

Yes, the Stelladaptor works fine with paddles (and driving controllers) inside OS X with StellaOSX. It's easy to build an adapter that only supports joysticks, but a fair bit more work for the device to support additional types of controllers. The Stelladaptor is the only such device that supports paddles and driving controllers, as far as I know. And it does this without having to install any software or drivers on the host computer.

..Al

I would still be interested if anyone can tell me how to get paddles or driving controllers working in MAME

I haven't tried the driving controls, but the paddles worked fine in mame for me. The paddles appear as an analog joystick to windows. So you need to turn on Joystick support in Mame. One paddle is joystick X coord, the other paddle is the joystick Y coord. The buttons are two separate buttons. I was able to play 4 way warlords with two stelladapters and associated paddles. Great fun!

I'd be very interest in buying 2 maybe 3 of these for my xbox's - any idea if these will in fact work for xbox?

Many thanks

no :(

That's a shame then.Apparantley a Kernal rewrite is needed if i'm remembering what Xport said as being the biggest hurdle with this

I think you are right, I believe Shannon was going to have a look, but I know he has been busy with his other xport updates.

We are going to produce another run of Stelladaptor 2600 to USB adaptors. These allow you to use 2600 controllers (joysticks, paddles and driving controllers) with various emulators for the PC and Mac. Please send me a PM and INCLUDE YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS if you'd like to be put on the waiting list and notified when they are available.

Thanks!

..Al

Please put me on the list! Thanks.

/J