IGNORED

Gwobby's Adventure / MITE / Car Crash - Great New Games Now Available!

Gwobby's Adventure - A new Atari 8-bit game available to play free at http://www.freewebs.com/gwobby/games.htm. Instructions on how to download (Only for Atari800WinPLus) on the site :D .

As well as uploading the final version of Gwobby I Have also updated and posted a couple of other games: MITE and Car Crash

http://www.freewebs.com/gwobby/morekendallsoftklassics.htm

Any bugs or comments let me know ;)

Have Fun!

Jason

Edited by therealbountybob

I tried this out. Not bad. Brings back the memories of Antic and Analog type in games. Nice variety in the game. One thing I don't like is the graphics (14) text mode. Those letters are so hard on the eyes with two colors like that.

I played the easy mode and it was, well, easy! I got to level 22 on the first try. I'll try the harder mode next to see how much harder it is.

It is somewhat addicting. The basic game-play is good. I don't recall any game like it.

Allan

Funny game. Like Allan, this is the kind of game that I would have expected to find in a magazine (e.g. Page6, if I remember it well). You went through considerable effort of creating your own multicolor graphics (in fonts, I guess).

The easy level is the only one I played, which could be renamed 'Too easy level'. I too had problems reading what the texts were about, so I didn't see an easy way to change the level (somebody will throw an RTFM at me here). But as BASIC games go, I did suffer a bit from the sluggish controls in this game. I'm not sure what version of BASIC this was written in, but if it wasn't TurboBasic, then maybe a port would help somewhat (if I recall well, TB was somewhat faster than Atari BASIC).

Maybe it is not allowed to talk about that

Um. Why not? Did I miss something?

Thanks for the comments everyone...

Gwobby looks and plays much better on an actual Atari (Written and tested on a 130XE using Atari BASIC :cool:).

We have tested it on Atari800WinPLus using 1024x768 and it seems OK :)

On the title screen press up or down to change the difficulty, the default is PROGWOBB, which is the recommended difficulty level. Both levels get progressively harder and get harder still after every 50 levels.

To adjust the speed of your movement press right on the title screen. The default is 5 which is fine on the Atari but try 8 for the emulator.

Press left to toggle the cursor on or off.

Here's a quick tip: to travel diagonally down quicker, hold down fire and push right at the same time. There's more tips if you let the title screen run for a while.

Once again, thanks for the comments, it's nice to know that the 8-bit Atari still has some fans. We will look into entering the competition!

LONG LIVE 8-BIT ATARI!

For more details see the website www.freewebs.com/gwobby

Jason & Dylan

Maybe it is not allowed to talk about that, but you should contribute your game to ABBUC competition if you haven't done it already.

Oh, we are happy when people talk about ABBUC and the competition.

But the rules say it isn't allowed to take part if a program was published before. But try to change the game and create a new version for example with new levels...

OK Have made a few more changes to Gwobby based on the feedback and testing ;)

Faster Movement - no need to set the speed as it's now the fastest it will go!

Harder - Gwobby comes on sooner to make it more of a challenge. Try and beat level 50 for the final shoot-out. Play on Progwobb (Gwobbezy is still easy)

Plus a few other tweaks, hopefully that's it now :D

Have Fun.

Jason

New final version of Gwobby posted today - a few tweaks making it a bit slicker and adjusted the difficulty a little!

Gwobby's Adventure

Hints:

Use the quick build down (fire and right together)

Collect the Cwaddizor (..8th level) to clear the landmines on the ..9th level

Gwobby can walk over things so even when you think you are stuck you can usually work around obstacles

Collect lots of Ammo! (max 12) The more you have the slower the bonus screens are

You should be able to beat level 50 on Progwobb with a bit of practise if you get some of the extra lives on screens 10, 20 and 40 ;)

Game gets progressively more difficult in many ways!

See the website for other hints :D

Have fun!

• 2 months later...
Nice games!

Would it be possible to add 4 simultaneous player mode to CarCrash? (For Atari 400/800 or Multijoy...)

Thanks for the comments Pepax :)

It might be possible but my games are programmed in good old Atari basic so might need to run it with Turbo basic to handle four+ cars with any sp-e-e-e-e-d, though I do already have three cars on-screen from level 5 onwards... when I get some time I'll take a look, I like the idea of head to head play :) am pondering on a new project for the basic games contest thread...

Does the multijoy allow an XL/XE to run 4 player simultaneous games like Dandy as 4 player like the 800 or just the specially coded games :?:

Where can I buy one :?:

Jason

Nice games!

Would it be possible to add 4 simultaneous player mode to CarCrash? (For Atari 400/800 or Multijoy...)

It might be possible but my games are programmed in good old Atari basic so might need to run it with Turbo basic to handle four+ cars with any sp-e-e-e-e-d, though I do already have three cars on-screen from level 5 onwards... when I get some time I'll take a look, I like the idea of head to head play :) am pondering on a new project for the basic games contest thread...

Does the multijoy allow an XL/XE to run 4 player simultaneous games like Dandy as 4 player like the 800 or just the specially coded games :?:

Jason

Why not allow a paddle controller mode? I always thought Dodge'em would work well with paddles. Then 4 players would be no problem on 2 port Ataris

Jason

Yes it does. Dandy is a good example. :) Here you'll find probably all games patched or made especially for Multijoy.

Where to buy it? Hmm... try asking the ABBUC guys here on AA.

Nice games!

Jason

You can buy my multijoy 16 if you like (as I am short by 15 mates :( , built by MegaHz, LED on each joystick port to show connection.

Edited by mimo