IGNORED

Recieved empty package with a tracker

Shawn

Hey,

So I ordered a video card from hong kong. Didn't arrive for like 3 weeks when the dude was supposed to send it UPS. Then I make a despute with paypal cause he ignored 5 emails over the span of that time. Then 3 days after I make the despute he adds a tracker from HONG KONG post? So ya it arrived today and all it was is a empty 5x5x1inch bubble mailer witha tracking number attached to it. The envelope was empty. Should have been a box if it was actually my video card anyhow as I ordered a brand new in retail box video card. So ya buddy got a tracker and sent me an empty envelope so he could have a tracker for the paypal claim. Am I screwed?

Shawn

Hey,

So I ordered a video card from hong kong. Didn't arrive for like 3 weeks when the dude was supposed to send it UPS. Then I make a despute with paypal cause he ignored 5 emails over the span of that time. Then 3 days after I make the despute he adds a tracker from HONG KONG post? So ya it arrived today and all it was is a empty 5x5x1inch bubble mailer witha tracking number attached to it. The envelope was empty. Should have been a box if it was actually my video card anyhow as I ordered a brand new in retail box video card. So ya buddy got a tracker and sent me an empty envelope so he could have a tracker for the paypal claim. Am I screwed?

Shawn

Edited by crazytoy

Hey,

Shawn

you got scammed loser. What goes around around comes around. Loser.

Woah dude. Care to let us know what you are talking about instead of just flaming. Making a post like that to a member that is pretty well respected and has made hundreds of good deals here isn't to be taken lightly. If you have a problem then out with it already.

Woah dude. Care to let us know what you are talking about instead of just flaming. Making a post like that to a member that is pretty well respected and has made hundreds of good deals here isn't to be taken lightly. If you have a problem then out with it already.

:thumbsup:

I think that crazytoy already know what he did that´s why he has edited his post already. But his post wasn´t nice at all!

Edited by iwan-iwanowitsch-goratschin

I would take clear pictures of the package (making sure the full tracking number is available) and send that information to PayPal (you can do this in the dispute). Also include any correspondence and/or screenshots that demonstrate what you actually paid for, making it clear that a boxed, retail video card would never fit in a bubble envelope and that this appears to you to be a way to circumvent PayPal's delivery proof requirement. Also, is the tracking number something you can check online? Does it show the package as delivered?

..Al

Dont forget you can also leave him a negative feedback without him doing the same.

But the bit i dont understand is why you put a paypal claim in after only 3 weeks ??

UPS would have had it to me in under a week garunteed plus he ignored all my emails, never replied once untill 3 days after the despute was made and that was only to enter this frauderific tracking number.

Shawn, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I would sorely be tempted to send it back to the seller as an item not recieved with a big pile of poo in the wrapper. Only thing is that with the time it takes to ship the quality of the product can't be guaranteed upon receipt.

Did their feedback indicate this happening to anyone else?

Shawn, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I would sorely be tempted to send it back to the seller as an item not recieved with a big pile of poo in the wrapper. Only thing is that with the time it takes to ship the quality of the product can't be guaranteed upon receipt.

Did their feedback indicate this happening to anyone else?

A couple of item not exactly as described neutrals and a hand full of negs for not recived but they have thousands of postives. Nothing like whats going on with this transaction.

Dont forget you can also leave him a negative feedback without him doing the same.

But the bit i dont understand is why you put a paypal claim in after only 3 weeks ??

UPS would have had it to me in under a week garunteed plus he ignored all my emails, never replied once untill 3 days after the despute was made and that was only to enter this frauderific tracking number.

I would do as Al said and try to remedy it via paypal. You should be able to argue not as described as jetset said. If the seller had lots of positive and only a handful of negs he may even try to fix the situation with you. Definitely do not settle until the item or your cash is in your hand.

THe one other thing I know some people have done with mixed success, is if you paid with a credit card through paypal you may also be able to open a claim through them if paypal falls through, but I believe you only have 60 days from purchase to open a dispute with most major credit card companies, still enough time for you. I know a few people who have done this with mixed success. Depends on the cost of the item and if it is worth the hassle to you. Just a thought I have never gone this route myself but if all other avenues are exhausted you might give it a go. Good Luck it always sucks when something like this happens. I hope it works out for you.. :woozy:

Here is a scan of the empty envelope that I got instead of a retail boxed video card :x

How much did you pay for the card? I see customs was declared as only $10, so you could also use that to your advantage when arguing with PayPal about it.

..Al

$66 dollars + the "free" UPS shipping.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

Hey,

Shawn

He knows what he did!!!

Hey,

Shawn

He knows what he did!!!

But we dont,so enlighten us,ive never had any problems with buying from Shawn

I've bought and dealt with Shawn many times all with great success and no problems.

Ditto. Do I smell a troll?

Same here, Shawn is a awesome person to sell and trade with. Never had a problem and we've dealt both on atariage and ebay.

He's pissed cause I got on his cause about trying to sell a marvel VS capcom 2 SLEEVE (no game, no manual) for $44.44.

the customs form should also have the weight of the package. Put that info in your paypal claim. Weight of what it should weigh and what the package actually weighed.

Exactly. That mailer can't weight more than 5 ozs. I believe a member over at NintendoAge almost got screwed on a Bubble Bath Babes by someone who just shipped an empty box. The weight of the package should be on the envelope