IGNORED

ULTIMATE BRAIN GAMES PROTOTYPE FOUND!OMG!

BuddyBuddies

What's sadder;

1. still rampant Jaguar fanboyisms in the year 2008

2. the big watermarks on the pic of a tv screen images(j/k)

3. at one point, you had to register with a website to see such images

I'm popping some popcorn up to hear about the non-release of the source code of these games.

Somewhere out there, a man is blessing his dead uncle with a Jaguar console, thinking it will bring his relative back to life.

Um, there is and always will be fanboys for every system ever made... ;) And wow, registering takes all of ONE MINUTE... And then spend like 15 minutes making some posts and you are into the uber secret society that is JAGUAR SECTOR II MUAHAHA... ;) Talk about a REAL MASSIVE UNDERTAKING!!! :P Really guys, for gods sake, Jaguar Sector II is an awesome place just like Atari Age is... What's the big deal with the anti JSII?!

PS I've never understood why watermarks bother people so much... They are transparent after all! What, do they not fit in with your stolen image collection? :D

Edited by kevincal

What's sadder;

I'm popping some popcorn up to hear about the non-release of the source code of these games.

You'll have to talk to CrazyAce about that. He's the one who'd know one way or the other. Would you do something with them if they were released?

Its very nice of CrazyAce to share these pics with us whatever the outcome. :)

what's sadder;

making those "funny" lists of things that you find funny about a situation that is not funny.

... I wonder why others don't care to inform people over here of a new Jaguar discovery or "screenshots." As we can all see, the good news is always greeted with the utmost positiveness :roll:

... I wonder why others don't care to inform people over here of a new Jaguar discovery or "screenshots." As we can all see, the good news is always greeted with the utmost positiveness :roll:

You're missing the entire point. The complaints were about needing a higher access level to see screenshots that were posted from JSII. Generally, when someone posts a link to another site, it's common netiquette to not link to somewhere where many of those who would be clicking on the link would need to jump through hoops just to reach the destination. That in itself is only compounded by the fact that the destination has a history of being hostile towards this forum. Take that into account before fretting about any replies that aren't gushing with praise for anything that comes from there.

You're missing the entire point. The complaints were about needing a higher access level to see screenshots that were posted from JSII. Generally, when someone posts a link to another site, it's common netiquette to not link to somewhere where many of those who would be clicking on the link would need to jump through hoops just to reach the destination. That in itself is only compounded by the fact that the destination has a history of being hostile towards this forum. Take that into account before fretting about any replies that aren't gushing with praise for anything that comes from there.

I know the history.

It's a two-way street. In the one corner, you have people here saying things like "the destination has a history of being hostile towards this forum..." and then in the other corner there are people at that "other" forum who don't think too highly of the management here.

Both forums have mutual members as well. It's simply not true to say "blah blah, JS2 vs. AA" when really, it's certain people there don't like certain people here and visa versa. Even some of those who may have been in the arguments back then have calmed down and have contributed to both forums since. Isn't it time to forget this whole AA vs. JS2 thing?

That being said, the link never should have been posted. You are 100% correct in that regard. Posting a link to somewhere that people can't access makes no sense and is usually looked upon as rude.

But what is this really about? It's about a Jaguar game (albeit, a partial one) being discovered that has never been released. The praise should be about the game's discovery -- not about the place it came from. So why is this discovery any less cool, because it came from "there?"

And just to show this whole thing wasn't just about the JS2 exclusivity, I'll quote one more time:

1. still rampant Jaguar fanboyisms in the year 2008

2. the big watermarks on the pic of a tv screen images(j/k)

3. at one point, you had to register with a website to see such images

Somewhere out there, a man is blessing his dead uncle with a Jaguar console, thinking it will bring his relative back to life.

Only one of those thoughts had anything to do with the fact that you have to register on JS2 to see the images... and that you had to have a higher post count to see all of them.

The rest were all about the typical Jaguar bashing, even if it was all in good fun. I realize the watermark comment was a joke :)

But what is this really about? It's about a Jaguar game (albeit, a partial one) being discovered that has never been released. The praise should be about the game's discovery

Huray! the topic is back whats its all about, Jaguar games!!! :D

I also visit JS2 from time to time, but it will take me years to access certain topics. But as for Jaguar games and topics, I both like AA and JS2.

Now back to the point ;) so this is a prototype, are they still working on it to complete it? or will it never be released and end up in the locker from some wealthy collector...

But what is this really about? It's about a Jaguar game (albeit, a partial one) being discovered that has never been released. The praise should be about the game's discovery

Huray! the topic is back whats its all about, Jaguar games!!! :D

I also visit JS2 from time to time, but it will take me years to access certain topics. But as for Jaguar games and topics, I both like AA and JS2.

Now back to the point ;) so this is a prototype, are they still working on it to complete it? or will it never be released and end up in the locker from some wealthy collector...

It all depends on what Telegames will be willing to do.

I'm on Jaguar Sector 2 and Atariage (and even still Jaguar Interactive 2). If it were not for the JI2 (which more or less became the JS2 folk) I would never had known about the Jaguar community per se. I have had a lot of fun with it.

I would like to see more bridges between the Atariage and JS2 folk (I was really disappointed that more JS2 folk have not tried out the Jaguar High Score Club for example with the awesome game libraries a lot of them have) but even with that, I still visit both.

For anyone curious, there was some bad blood a while back between Al (here who runs Atariage) and Doug of Statologic to the point that Doug was booted off Atariage. Not sure what exactly happened there, and since that time people have kinda hung back in their corners for the most part. We see KevinCal, ViMaster, Gorf, myself, JaySmith (who runs JS2) himself, and others do cross over, but there is a rift between the two groups still exists. Just saying how it is.

Bottom line, I am one that likes both groups. So take it easy on Jay and JS2, ok? :)

--------------------------------------------

As for Ultimate Brain Games, wow!

(Man I need to followthrough and get me an Alpine, even a 2 meg one...)

When they say that Checkers and Chess are playable, does that mean only one on one playing is possible, or is there also a computer AI available to play against?

I like multiplayer games for the Jaguar. With the exception of Bubsy I had nothing put multiplayer games in my bag when I went to the AnimeFest last weekend (games like Brutal Sports Football, Power Drive Rally, Raiden, you know ones that have multiple players. Didn't even think about Kasumi Ninja or Ultra Vortek, since many like the verses style games. And forgot about Whitemen Can't Jump with the team tap support.

But a chess game would have been fun.

Edited by doctorclu

It's both.

To comment on the AA vs. JSII crap, it's just that, crap.... I haven't seen any comments in a negative light over at JSII in well over a year related to AA, until this was posted that is. I have nothing against AA or Al. We may not agree on forum managment and things like that, but when JSII was hacked, Al was the one who volunteered to help fix it. He doesn't agree with how some users act on JSII and the fact I don't do something about it, and I respect his opinion, regardless of whether I agree with it or not. JSII does not ban users, edit comments, close topics or delete posts (unless the original author requests it). That's just the way it is there, if you dont' like it, don't go there. Simple... I won't ever comment on this again here, it's been covered before...

More importantly, I hope everyone has enjoyed the screenshots of Brain Games. It was very generous of CrazyAce to allow these to be shared. That is what this topic should be about. Thanks CrazyAce...

• 2 weeks later...