IGNORED

ULTIMATE BRAIN GAMES PROTOTYPE FOUND!OMG!

BuddyBuddies

There will be tools for Mac as well as PC once we are finished with them.

Wow, Mac tools... :cool: now something for an Atari ST of Falcon :D Nah, just joking. It's great to see others are thinking beyond there Windows.

Linux tools are next?

Im not so sure it wont end up on ST's and Falcons. Its a matter of someone knowledgable

on that platform that I know personally and would be willing. They also need to agree to

a temporary NDA. We dont want any suprises given away. Suprises makes a release all

that much better.

Your right about that of course,they have to pay for the use of the server and they have also other payments to do.

And that's not even counting the fact that it most likely cost hundreds and hundreds (if not thousands) to get all of these prototypes and unreleased games in the first place. Companies & developers don't just give them away.

These prototypes could have been put on cartridges and sold for $70 to anyone who wants them and that's $20 more than the $50 VIP lifetime membership.

Think about that.

Your right about that of course,they have to pay for the use of the server and they have also other payments to do.

And that's not even counting the fact that it most likely cost hundreds and hundreds (if not thousands) to get all of these prototypes and unreleased games in the first place. Companies & developers don't just give them away.

These prototypes could have been put on cartridges and sold for $70 to anyone who wants them and that's $20 more than the $50 VIP lifetime membership.

Think about that.

Key word being THINK. If more folks did this be for engaing their traps when it comes to these releases

we'd all be the better for it.

Think about that.

Key word being THINK. If more folks did this be for engaing their traps when it comes to these releases

None of that is anything different than what goes on for prototypes for the 2600, 5200, 7800, etc. Someone almost always ends up paying a hefty sum for them. Just ask some of the big collectors around these parts. I'm sure there's more than one who has ponied up several grand for a proto. Chances are, not only will you find the ROM up here openly and without caveats, you'll find it elsewhere with the same (lack of) terms as well.

Instead of trying to shout down anyone who dissents with the herd mentality of a certain segment of the Jag community, try to think of these same things in terms of just about every other dead console community.

Think about that.

None of that is anything different than what goes on for prototypes for the 2600, 5200, 7800, etc. Someone almost always ends up paying a hefty sum for them. Just ask some of the big collectors around these parts. I'm sure there's more than one who has ponied up several grand for a proto. Chances are, not only will you find the ROM up here openly and without caveats, you'll find it elsewhere with the same (lack of) terms as well.

Instead of trying to shout down anyone who dissents with the herd mentality of a certain segment of the Jag community, try to think of these same things in terms of just about every other dead console community.

The point is the roms or source belong to someone and they can do with it as they wish.

If they want to give it out for free, great. If they want to burn them onto carts and sell them for a decent price, fine.

... if they want to put it up on a site to reward those people who have donated, fine by me.

Edited by viMaster

The point is the roms or source belong to someone and they can do with it as they wish.

If they want to give it out for free, great. If they want to burn them onto carts and sell them for a decent price, fine.

... if they want to put it up on a site to reward those people who have donated, fine by me.

Bravo. True true.

And that is exactly what will happen with this. It always does. Is it so terrible that Jason is trying to

keep his forums up and running? Is what he is offering such a bad deal? 10 posts is too much.

You've probably made that many in a few hours if not less. You know quite well that this ROM is

going to be all over the place eventually. Fact is, Crazy Ace did mention that he might make a CD

version. I think a little patience would do you all some good in this matter.

Instead of trying to shout down anyone who dissents with the herd mentality of a certain segment of the Jag community,

try to think of these same things in terms of just about every other dead console community.

Come now, Souron . There is no herd mentality, not any less then you find here. Jason simply wants a bit of participation

on his forums in return for some really cool stuff for Jag fans. No one excluded you or anyone else but by your own accord.

Why? Because instead of seeing it for the absolutely reasonable deal it is, you went right to the negative. Hey if you dont

want to participate dude, no one is putting any gun to your head.

I did not join the VIP....simply out of a lack of interest. I certainly appreciate the good deal it is for those that are interested.

It really seems as if you do not know enough about the Jag community outside of Atari Age....No dig to Atari Age but sorry

guys, Atari Age is not exactly the standard of Jaguar forums. This is mostly because the dominant system here is probably

the 2600 by leaps and bounds. JSII's 2600 forums are piddly in comparison.

I think you are over-reacting and over nothing dude. The Jaguar community as a whole is just like every other

classic console community except there is a lot more passion. I guess if you cant stand the heat, stay out of the

kitchen. I think however, there is MUCH more for you to gain as a Jag fan than not.....especially on JSII.

My $0.02

Edited by Gorf

Come now, Souron . There is no herd mentality, not any less then you find here. Jason simply wants a bit of participation

on his forums in return for some really cool stuff for Jag fans. No one excluded you or anyone else but by your own accord.

Why? Because instead of seeing it for the absolutely reasonable deal it is, you went right to the negative. Hey if you dont

want to participate dude, no one is putting any gun to your head.

Um, no herd mentality? The JSII crowd has about the biggest disconnect with the rest of the classic gaming community than just about any other group I've seen. I think this thread in the Lynx forum shows just how much of a disconnect there is when one of the JSII faithful attacked the whole idea of a flashcart for the Lynx. I don't recall ever hearing such objections from the 2600 or 7800 communities when the Cuttle Carts were available.

I did not join the VIP....simply out of a lack of interest. I certainly appreciate the good deal it is for those that are interested.

It really seems as if you do not know enough about the Jag community outside of Atari Age....No dig to Atari Age but sorry

guys, Atari Age is not exactly the standard of Jaguar forums. This is mostly because the dominant system here is probably

the 2600 by leaps and bounds. JSII's 2600 forums are piddly in comparison.

I know quite enough about the Jag community, considering I've been a part of it for about 15 years now, helped set up 3 different JagFest events, and assisted a former Jag developer. Making claims that AA isn't the "standard of Jag forums" (whatever that may mean) says nothing when the community has jumped through at least half a dozen forums over the years. Besides, we all know JSII wouldn't even exist if it weren't for a certain person having been banned from here. Defining it as a "standard" for the Jag community is a bit superfluous when there's not really anything else to compare it to. Unless you mean that the "standard" means that the members must froth at the mouth and blindly agree with the opinions of a certain individual.

I think you are over-reacting and over nothing dude. The Jaguar community as a whole is just like every other

classic console community except there is a lot more passion. I guess if you cant stand the heat, stay out of the

kitchen. I think however, there is MUCH more for you to gain as a Jag fan than not.....especially on JSII.

No, the Jag community is not just like every other, unless by "every other" you mean the dysfunction of the Neo Geo community. Despite what you may think, the Jag community does not need to congregate around one particular message board and blindly follow the party line.

Okay, guys, I don't want to see any more AA versus JSII stuff in this thread (or any others). If you want to talk about the Ultimate Brain Games prototype, great! Otherwise please don't continue this back and forth. If you can't contain yourself, please take it to PM.

Thanks,

..Al

Agreed. I like both places. And one day, when I have money again, I'm going to subscribe to JS2's VIP membership.

But only because I can access it more often (I can access here at work where JS2 is blocked) I tend to lean to the Atariage forums.

I will cry when Atariage is blocked at work too. :(

Wow, that's cool seeing Brain Games and all, but when are we gonna see the game that will totally revive the Jaguar in this market of 360/PS3/Wii? The game I'm talking about is of course "Graham Gooch Cricket." :D (Apologies to any cricket fans out there.)

Nothing wrong with Graham Gooch's test cricket.....I remember the spectrum and c64 versions....now if you wanna try a cricket sim...go for brian lara '96 on the MD (or Genny to you peeps)...just remember pims in a glass and a summer hat are mandatory requirements for playing this type of game

Wow, that's cool seeing Brain Games and all, but when are we gonna see the game that will totally revive the Jaguar in this market of 360/PS3/Wii? The game I'm talking about is of course "Graham Gooch Cricket." :D (Apologies to any cricket fans out there.)

Nothing wrong with Graham Gooch's test cricket.....I remember the spectrum and c64 versions....now if you wanna try a cricket sim...go for brian lara '96 on the MD (or Genny to you peeps)...just remember pims in a glass and a summer hat are mandatory requirements for playing this type of game

Yeh really can't wait to play Cricket. Seriously. Always wanted to learn Cricket and this would be a fun way to learn.

Jaguar Sector II was not created just because Thunderbird was banned from here. :roll: It is true that Atari Age USED to be the #1 forum for all things Jaguar. But now it's quite obvious there is A LOT more action at Jaguar Sector II these days. Just calling it like it is... It's almost like what happened is, the US Jag fans went from AA to JSII, and the Euro Jag fans went from AA to some other forums... Leaving AA quite empty most of the time. Compared to how it used to be here 5 years ago or so.