IGNORED

Countdown till the best game ever.....

I think I'm going to have to wait for the reviews on this.

I started playing brotherhood of steel on xbox, but it was such a chore--not as much of a chore as morrowind, and the new fallout's going to be by the same folks? Great, just wait for the reviews, I suppose... I'm hopeful that this will get me interested in a ps3. (I had previously though 360 would be my choice, but ps3 has the edge now)

I really do like the idea of a new fallout game. The big question is if this is actually going to be a fallout game.

Yeah, Morrowind is a chore, but I only agree to that if it's the Xbox version. Oblivion was a big step up from Morrowind. The combat was much improved, as were the character models, among many other wonderful improvements. Bethesda's learned a lot between Morrowind and Fallout 3 and I'm already impressed with what I've seen so far of Fallout 3.

• 4 weeks later...

I went ahead and preordered Fallout 3. Early PC reviews have been generally positive, and fallout's no small part of why I now own a ps3 either (though an unexpected bonus from work didn't hurt). My preorder didn't get me any plastic toys or anything, but there's a chance that if I 'need' it bad enough I can get it when it comes in rather than when it goes on sale.

I've also picked up a used copy of oblivion, and surprisingly, I really love it. Much better than morrowind, which I gave up on fairly early. Actually roughly half my total morrowind time was spent creating a character. honestly after playing oblivion, it's become obvious that this team would pretty much have to be trying to fail for this to be anything less than the best fallout game ever. They seem to have the style down, and they've given me a combat system that's 'more my speed' than oblivion's. Only real complaint I've heard is that everything's physically located too close together. Not sure that I entirely object to the shorter walks.

Edited by Reaperman

I really liked Oblivion and thats a surprise because I'm more a fan of traditional (top down) RPG's.

I probably will like Fallout although I never played a Fallout game other than the Baldurs Gate style Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. (Which wasnt all that bad)

I may have to go look for the original PC versions....

I think I'm going to have to wait for the reviews on this.

Well, I just got my OXM magazine yesterday and it game Fallout 3 a ... TEN !

The review had me drooling.

(Fable 2 got a 9.5 and I can't wait for that one either.)

Excellent!!

I have BOTH on pre-order.

Same here my online balogna loving friend.

That will be about 80 to 100 glorious hours of gaming right there.

Then there's Gears of War, Prince of Persia, Call of Duty, End War...

It's the most wonderful time of the year ! ! !

Edited by therealred5

well talk to me in another 7 years and see if they pass the 20 year test :) But I wasn't really talking about off and on, but that's ok. I too have many games I consider to be some of the best ever that 'only' get played off and on.

I never want to play dreamweb ever again, but it's my favorite game ever. It made all the impact it was ever going to make way back in my formative years, and every time I kill a hooker, I think of that game...

Sometimes gaming isn't about replay value.

Kind of like how everybody's favorite movie is just a little painful to watch, that's what makes it memorable.

Edited by Reaperman

With the backlog of RPGs I've got in my queue, I have no idea when I'll get to this. Sooo many RPGs, so little time...

Blue Dragon - Done

Tales of Vesperia - In Progress

Eternal Sonata

Infinite Undiscovery

Lost Odyssey

Fallout 3

Of course White Knight Story and Final Fantasy XIII are coming eventually too...

Tempest