IGNORED

Colecovision manuals

Trooper

Its nice to see things happening for the ColecoVision community. :D

Yeah! :)

Seeing practically nothing about colecovision on the web will be history now ;)

Now we must compile all Box covers, I've already a bunch box the quality is not so good...

Otherwise I've the complete set :)

We should also archive the more things as we can, Flyers, Promotional, Magazine, ALL things :)

ColecoAge is a very nice idea, Do we've a Colecovision fans here who can help?

Well, as some of you already know, I'm planning to devote most of my free time in 2009 to a new web site devoted exclusively to the ColecoVision (with a small sub-section for the ADAM, probably). I haven't discussed it with Albert yet, but I would really like my site to be hosted by AtariAge, and under such a setup, it would be an honor to be able to call it ColecoAge. But there are some issues that I need to put on the table right now.

First of all, I have accumulated a sizeable (and near-complete) collection of boxed CV games, manuals and promo material over the last couple of years, and I spent a great deal of money to acquire this material. I bought all this stuff mostly in preparation for my future web site. I haven't begun scanning any of it yet, but that's obviously on my to-do list. But now people on these boards are coming out with their own sets of scans, and while I understand that they would want their efforts rewarded by seing their scans posted on a quality web site, what am I supposed to do? If you had spent as much money as I have to buy all this stuff to scan, would you be quick to accept scans from other people? If you've been wondering why I haven't been participating in the scanning effort lately, now you know why. I just don't want to have bought all my CV stuff for nothing.

Also, about the site itself, I must admit that my programming skills are outdated. I know old-style HTML, a little bit of PHP, I've done some non-web-related Java, and that's about it. If ColecoAge is going to look as modern as AtariAge, I'll have to learn a few new tricks, and I'm quite frankly not sure where to begin. Also consider my continuing duties as executive producer of Opcode Games, and my other CV-related projects (which I'm not at liberty to discuss publicly right now), and my free time becomes a valuable commodity. It's not easy to upgrade my web-programming skills under these conditions.

Finally, there's the question of the community forum. As someone (can't remember who) stated, a web site is only as good as the community that supports it, and I agree. This means my CV site will need a forum. If it's hosted on the AtariAge server, I'm hoping that I could just associate ColecoAge with the AtariAge forums, but the way the AA boards are currently set up, plugging ColecoAge in there is not exactly obvious. That's one of the main things I want to discuss with Albert (if he's interested to begin with, that is).

So there you have it. I'd like to volunteer for buildnig and maintaining ColecoAge, but I won't be able to invest my time into it before next February, at the earliest. So you guys will have to be patient... or find someone else with the same desire and drive that I have for making ColecoAge a reality. ;)

So there you have it. I'd like to volunteer for buildnig and maintaining ColecoAge, but I won't be able to invest my time into it before next February, at the earliest. So you guys will have to be patient... or find someone else with the same desire and drive that I have for making ColecoAge a reality. ;)

I think we've to wait until Pixelboy is ready to invest time in ColecoAge.

Meanwile, we can all scans, archive the most of our inventory ;)

Pixelboy would make a very good canditate! :cool:

I also tried to check out the scanned Atari manuals, but instead got some country music video. Did I miss something???

Are you talking about my collection? The links work fine. When you first go to the link you have to wait for the "Skip Ad" button to appear in the top right corner. (looks like right now the Ad is a HipHop video) Click Skip Ad" post-15767-1222573394.jpg, then select the download mirror of your choosing.

If you had spent as much money as I have to buy all this stuff to scan, would you be quick to accept scans from other people?

....and my free time becomes a valuable commodity

I would think that would make your life easier...You would have less stuff to scan, more free time. (Unless it is not up to your quality standards, then just scan it your self anyways) And you still have your awesome CV collection. :cool:

@retroillucid

It would be nice to to get some kind of mass download (rapidshare, torrent, ect...) of the CV manual collection once it is done. Although I am excited for ColecoAge, or whoever hosts these, I would rather downlod them en masse as opposed to clicking link after link. Would you be intersted in sharing some kind of direct download link with those of us here? Please...

Edited by user42

@retroillucid

It would be nice to to get some kind of mass download (rapidshare, torrent, ect...) of the CV manual collection once it is done. Although I am excited for ColecoAge, or whoever hosts these, I would rather downlod them en masse as opposed to clicking link after link. Would you be intersted in sharing some kind of direct download link with those of us here? Please...

Once it'll be done, I'll send the whole archive to DigitalPress, maybe that he'll put the whole archive in 1 file...

If not contact me at this point ;)

If I have to be honest, I have actually thought about it for a very long time. :)

Well, as some of you already know, I'm planning to devote most of my free time in 2009 to a new web site devoted exclusively to the ColecoVision (with a small sub-section for the ADAM, probably).

Hi Luc, if you will get it on-line in 2009, then you proably can use this inspiration : http://www.colecovision.dk/colecoage.htm

:D

More added to the Archive ;)

Here's what we're missing:

- Alphabet Zoo

- Aquattack (Poster & Instructions)

- Artillery Duel

- Blockade Runner (Poster & Instructions)

- Boulder Dash

- Dance Fantasy

- Dragon Fire

- Facemaker -------- I can scans this one

- Fortune Builder -------- I can scans this one

- Fraction Fever

- Kung Fu Superkicks (Telegames)

- Learning with Leaper (Instructions only, Not the Parent Guide)

- Robin Hood

- Sewer Sam (Poster & Instructions)

- Sir Lancelot

- Super Action Football CBS (Soccer)

- Tournament Tennis (IMAGIC)

EDITED: last updates

Edited by retroillucid

• 3 weeks later...

- Alphabet Zoo

- Artillery Duel

- Boulder Dash

- Dance Fantasy

- Dragon Fire

- Fraction Fever

- Robin Hood

- Sir Lancelot

I have the following that I can scan for you:

- Artillery Duel

- DragonFire

- Fraction Fever

- Kung Fu Superkicks (except I have the Xonox version - is it just the Telegames version you're after?)

- Learning with Leaper (Instructions only, Not the Parent Guide) - I bought one of these that was new and sealed - when opened it only contained the "Parent Guide" which includes instructions - there was not a separate "Instructions" booklet included.

- Sewer Sam (Poster & Instructions) - I have the instructions but doubt that a poster was ever produced - I have never ever seen one.

Give me to the end of this weekend and I'll send them to you. What resolution, format and file compression level do you want?

- Alphabet Zoo

- Artillery Duel

- Boulder Dash

- Dance Fantasy

- Dragon Fire

- Fraction Fever

- Robin Hood

- Sir Lancelot

- Artillery Duel

- DragonFire

- Fraction Fever

- Kung Fu Superkicks (except I have the Xonox version - is it just the Telegames version you're after?)

- Learning with Leaper (Instructions only, Not the Parent Guide) - I bought one of these that was new and sealed - when opened it only contained the "Parent Guide" which includes instructions - there was not a separate "Instructions" booklet included.

- Sewer Sam (Poster & Instructions) - I have the instructions but doubt that a poster was ever produced - I have never ever seen one.

Give me to the end of this weekend and I'll send them to you. What resolution, format and file compression level do you want?

Great! :)

I'll wait for your scans...

- Alphabet Zoo

- Artillery Duel

- Boulder Dash

- Dance Fantasy

- Dragon Fire

- Fraction Fever

- Robin Hood

- Sir Lancelot

- Artillery Duel

- DragonFire

- Fraction Fever

What resolution, format and file compression level do you want?

I'm just curious. Are there any consistent overlay scans out there? The ones I've seened are not always consistent in their size, etc.

Good question... I think we should (re)scans them anyway...

Anyone?

It would be nice. I'm sure there are some colecovision fans. Out there.... Somewhere... who would like to be able to reprint some sets. :lol: :P

A true completeist would also want decorative overlays designed for all of the games that didn't include them.

Probably a bit un-necessary and obscene as only about 7-10 games of the 150+ game library had them originally. Not to mention most games only use the keypad for the game selection menu which tells you on-screen what button represents each game/player selection, with the exception of the games that actually require keypad buttons during the game which are the ones that already have overlays.

A true completeist would also want decorative overlays designed for all of the games that didn't include them.

Probably a bit un-necessary and obscene as only about 7-10 games of the 150+ game library had them originally. Not to mention most games only use the keypad for the game selection menu which tells you on-screen what button represents each game/player selection, with the exception of the games that actually require keypad buttons during the game which are the ones that already have overlays.

Yeah, but all those cartridges have that empty slot in the back...

Yeah, but all those cartridges have that empty slot in the back...

Lol, you want decorative overlays, go back to the Intellivision. :)

As for the manuals, I still have the site MyColecovision.com if there's still a need for a host. Right now it's just a splash page and checklist, but could easily be updated to include more info or manual scans. Currently I have the text manual versions as supplied by Densjam from one of those Ebay scam manual CD's, but they aren't online. (Which is another issue all together, about how to 'protect' these scans from that fate.)

Pixelboy, sorry about your stress on the collection front. You've definitely spent some serious scratch on that setup, even outbidding some of us here. Glad to see you're willing to share the archive! :)

The manual archive was also part of a thread about a year ago, but no resolution was ever reached to my knowledge. It included the Experience Magazine samples in the thread. Anyone have any opinions on standards? I'm still a fan of 300DPI JPEG scans then PDF'ing them as a single file. But, Albert seems to have a functional archive too using thumbnails for pages.

Preferences, opinions, arguments for a standard? I'd love to see a virtual museum up and running. Commercials, press kits, dealer advertisements, print ads, manual scans, box scans... the works!

Preferences, opinions, arguments for a standard? I'd love to see a virtual museum up and running. Commercials, press kits, dealer advertisements, print ads, manual scans, box scans... the works!

I've plan to make a Virtual Colecovision Museum... the main problem is the same for all who want to make a Colecovision Website... the lack of avalaible stuff out there...

I'll provide the most as I can for anyone who have serious works on his Colecovision Website... :)

I must dig all my stuff from 12 years archiving cd's... but I've already put together alot of stuff...

I think ColecoAge is the solution to solve all this ;)

But more Colecovision website will not hurt anyway :)

- Alphabet Zoo

- Artillery Duel

- Boulder Dash

- Dance Fantasy

- Dragon Fire

- Fraction Fever

- Robin Hood

- Sir Lancelot

- Artillery Duel

- DragonFire

- Fraction Fever

What resolution, format and file compression level do you want?

Although the scans aren't for me, I'll answer anyways. (everyone else seems to be ignoring you)

300dpi is a good standard for scanning. I personaly resize to 150 after edits.

And just save as a high quality jpg (at least #8 ).

Edited by user42