IGNORED

Colecovision manuals

Trooper

I would love to have a copy of all those manuals, I see there are about 28 missing on the DP website. I would like to add that you guys did a great job on the ones that are available. Thanks

I have got no responses to this request. Could someone hook me up with the ones that are not on digitpress please?

I would love to have a copy of all those manuals, I see there are about 28 missing on the DP website. I would like to add that you guys did a great job on the ones that are available. Thanks

I have got no responses to this request. Could someone hook me up with the ones that are not on digitpress please?

Here's a link to the ones that I scanned and sent to retroillucid.

http://cid-0bee28e55148ac4b.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/ColecoVision%20Manuals?authkey=5YQIJkQu2EA%24 ://http://cid-0bee28e55148ac4b.skydriv...5YQIJkQu2EA%24

Each manual has a PDF copy plus png images of each page.

Here's a link to the ones that I scanned and sent to retroillucid.

http://cid-0bee28e55148ac4b.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/ColecoVision%20Manuals?authkey=5YQIJkQu2EA%24 ://http://cid-0bee28e55148ac4b.skydriv...5YQIJkQu2EA%24 ://http://cid-0bee28e55148ac4b.skydriv...5YQIJkQu2EA%24

Each manual has a PDF copy plus png images of each page.

Thanks Ikrananka, You did a nice job on those. Members on this thread did a lot of work getting them all done, I hope I can get the rest.

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that I'll give all the missing manuals to ColecoVision Zone... even if he doesn't credit us! :P

I have to say that I'm (with a member here) actually making a Colecovision Site, let me say that you'll see on our website many things never shown anywhere else! ...

The things is, we must archive ANYTHING related to Coleco Industries, ColecoVision & the Adam

Right now, I dunno have so much things related to the Adam. so if you can help.. PM ;)

If you have something interesting about Colecovision, please contact us!

BTW: We'll credit everyone who contribute our Website ;)

Hi guys,

Just to let you know that I'll give all the missing manuals to ColecoVision Zone... even if he doesn't credit us! :P

I have to say that I'm (with a member here) actually making a Colecovision Site, let me say that you'll see on our website many things never shown anywhere else! ...

The things is, we must archive ANYTHING related to Coleco Industries, ColecoVision & the Adam

Right now, I dunno have so much things related to the Adam. so if you can help.. PM ;)

If you have something interesting about Colecovision, please contact us!

BTW: We'll credit everyone who contribute our Website ;)

Could you send me a copy of the colecovision manuals on disc when you send my copy of zippy race? Or did it go out already?

Could you send me a copy of the colecovision manuals on disc when you send my copy of zippy race? Or did it go out already?

Retroillucid, has been promising to send me a disk for almost 6 mounts now....so I would not hold my breath if I were you.

I am currently building a Colecovision GameBase and here is my missing list...

Manuals

2010 "Engineering Repair Card"

Alcazar - The Forgotten Fortress

Amazing Bumpman

Aquattack

Boulder Dash

Cosmic Crisis

Dance Fantasy

Meteoric Shower

Robin Hood

Rock 'n' Bolt

Sewer Sam (poster side missing)

Skiing

Strike It!

Super Action Soccer

Tank Wars

Tournament Tennis

Box front

Amazing Bumpman

Cosmic Crisis

Keystone Kapers

Linking Logic

Skiing

Strike It!

Tank Wars

Word Feud

Overlay

Face Maker

Super Action Soccer

If anyone can help me out by scanning any of those that would be great.

And I will share download links when I am done if anyone is interested.

Retroillucid, has been promising to send me a disk for almost 6 mounts now....so I would not hold my breath if I were you.

I am currently building a Colecovision GameBase and here is my missing list...

Manuals

2010 "Engineering Repair Card"

Alcazar - The Forgotten Fortress

Amazing Bumpman

Aquattack

Boulder Dash

Cosmic Crisis

Dance Fantasy

Meteoric Shower

Robin Hood

Rock 'n' Bolt

Sewer Sam (poster side missing)

Skiing

Strike It!

Super Action Soccer

Tank Wars

Tournament Tennis

Box front

Amazing Bumpman

Cosmic Crisis

Keystone Kapers

Linking Logic

Skiing

Strike It!

Tank Wars

Word Feud

Overlay

Face Maker

Super Action Soccer

If anyone can help me out by scanning any of those that would be great.

:roll: :|

The problem is the archive is split on 3 different PC , wich 2 of them are not plugged...

I'll have to put all parts together, actually I've done alot of progress...

I for one am very interested - years ago I had wanted to build a CV GameBase but just never found the time. Great to know that you're working on it.

As of last night all the info is entered. I am going to wait a week or so and see if I cannot round up some of the missing scans before I release it. I will be sure to let you know when I do. Have you seen my Atari 2600 GB? It's good stuff (if I do say so myself). http://www.gb64.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=14175#14175 ;)

Does anyone have a good collection of CV cart scans? The ones around the web are all watermarked up.

Only problem with this is, dishonest people might print them and replace a crappy label, and sell on ebay as original. Would love to see your database for colecovision manuals.

Does anyone have a good collection of CV cart scans? The ones around the web are all watermarked up.

Only problem with this is, dishonest people might print them and replace a crappy label, and sell on ebay as original. Would love to see your database for colecovision manuals.

I have run into this argument a few times (with my A2600 manual collection). And I always have to wonder...does this ever really happen?? I have not heard of anyone selling fake "originals". This is why auction sites have feedback. If someone did start doing that it wouldn't last for long. And you can just file a complaint with Paypal and get your money back....

The manuals that I currently have are a combo of Doubledown's collection from DP and the one's that Retroillucid has released on colecovisionzone. I have re-edited a couple from Retroillucid's collection but for the most part everything that I have can be found freely on the web. I will be releasing the Colecovision Gamebase with-in the week so if you want my collection, it will be in there.

coleco was great. I used to call thier 1-800 # all the time and ask them to send me booklets, and they would for FREE! I had booklets of games I never had. it came in handy because I would pick up games in the wild over the years and not need to match them with a booklet since I had already gathered every booklet coleco ever made.

Let me play devils advocate for a second. Most crappy label games tend to be the most common games, so if someone was to buy a DKjr cart with a new label (that looks just like the old label) what is the harm in that (as long as they don't state it is the original condition). It's not going to hurt the value and if the label is done really well, it shouldn't be noticeable.

With that said I have never sold a game with a replacement label without first stating it was a replacement label and I only did it once. I bought a "lot" of Colecovision stuff one time and it had a Gyruss cart with no label (just some left over adhesive on it). Do you really think that cart is worth more with no label then with a replacement label (that I said was a replacement label)? The buyer told me later that he would have never known that it was a replaced label had I not said anything. He like it and said he was glad I replaced it.

Now, if you are talking about a person putting say, a "Wizard of OZ" label on a BaseBall cart and trying to sell it as a "Wizard of OZ" cart. That is only going to happen once maybe twice before word spreads it is a fake. And that is because of sites like this and the feedback that can be left by buyers. Remember, Sellers (on Ebay) can no longer give a buyer negative or neutral feedback, only positive or nothing. Ebay policy.

Another way to look at it is, how is it any different from a person replacing the graphics on the side of an arcade cabinet when they restore it? At some point labels get beat up and if we look at collecting as restoring (like an arcade game) what is the problem with that?

Let me play devils advocate for a second. Most crappy label games tend to be the most common games, so if someone was to buy a DKjr cart with a new label (that looks just like the old label) what is the harm in that (as long as they don't state it is the original condition). It's not going to hurt the value and if the label is done really well, it shouldn't be noticeable.

With that said I have never sold a game with a replacement label without first stating it was a replacement label and I only did it once. I bought a "lot" of Colecovision stuff one time and it had a Gyruss cart with no label (just some left over adhesive on it). Do you really think that cart is worth more with no label then with a replacement label (that I said was a replacement label)? The buyer told me later that he would have never known that it was a replaced label had I not said anything. He like it and said he was glad I replaced it.

Now, if you are talking about a person putting say, a "Wizard of OZ" label on a BaseBall cart and trying to sell it as a "Wizard of OZ" cart. That is only going to happen once maybe twice before word spreads it is a fake. And that is because of sites like this and the feedback that can be left by buyers. Remember, Sellers (on Ebay) can no longer give a buyer negative or neutral feedback, only positive or nothing. Ebay policy.

Another way to look at it is, how is it any different from a person replacing the graphics on the side of an arcade cabinet when they restore it? At some point labels get beat up and if we look at collecting as restoring (like an arcade game) what is the problem with that?

You are not thinking the whole thing through in my opinion. Here's an example. I find a Mr. Do's Castle at a flea market, no label. I make a super high quality label, that would take a CSI to discern from the original. I put it up on Ebay and am honest that I made the label, it sells for $5 because label is not original. The buyer waits 6 months, and sells as a mint loose cartridge. He gets $30 and that buyer never knows the difference. Now you have 1 more mint loose Mr. Do's Castle out there that's not original. Or worse yet, someone takes a Donkey Kong with a trashed label, takes cart apart... burns eprom chip, throws the Do's Castle label on it, doesn't say anything. Sells for $30 on ebay.

You are not thinking the whole thing through in my opinion. Here's an example. I find a Mr. Do's Castle at a flea market, no label. I make a super high quality label, that would take a CSI to discern from the original. I put it up on Ebay and am honest that I made the label, it sells for $5 because label is not original. The buyer waits 6 months, and sells as a mint loose cartridge. He gets $30 and that buyer never knows the difference. Now you have 1 more mint loose Mr. Do's Castle out there that's not original. Or worse yet, someone takes a Donkey Kong with a trashed label, takes cart apart... burns eprom chip, throws the Do's Castle label on it, doesn't say anything. Sells for $30 on ebay.

Then maybe just have to add something like this:

This label is NOT original

REPLACEMENT LABEL

just my two cents :)

I still don't see it as that much of a problem. I think that most of the time a discerning eye can tell the difference between a repro and an original, and if you really cannot....what's the harm. ;)

Couple that with the fact that the time and cost of producing fake carts hardly make it worth while to scam someone.

Also, you are missing the whole point. I wanted nice scans of the front of the cart.

post-15767-1245602578_thumb.jpg

An image like that can't really be used to make a repro anyways because the top of the label is missing. If a repro maker wanted to use it they would still need another scan of the top, and if they are doing that, why wouldn't they just scan the whole thing in higher resoultion....

I still don't see it as that much of a problem. I think that most of the time a discerning eye can tell the difference between a repro and an original, and if you really cannot....what's the harm. ;)

Couple that with the fact that the time and cost of producing fake carts hardly make it worth while to scam someone.

Also, you are missing the whole point. I wanted nice scans of the front of the cart.

post-15767-1245602578_thumb.jpg

An image like that can't really be used to make a repro anyways because the top of the label is missing. If a repro maker wanted to use it they would still need another scan of the top, and if they are doing that, why wouldn't they just scan the whole thing in higher resoultion....

I understand your desire to have cart scans perfectly, and I even like the idea. I was just pointing out a possible exploitation of your noble cause. That said, I wish I had rare ones I could contribute. I have a Chuck Norris/ Artillery Dual double-ender on the way, that I won on ebay. Would you be interested in a scan of that one?

I'm with user42 on this still and retroillucid, that's not the bad of an idea either. I look at video game collecting as restoring. That's no different than old radios, cars, or arcade cabinets. I just don't see someone setting up a factory in there basement to make fakes. Yes, I can see your point yurkie, but I can't see a person doing this over and over again. Once or twice, yes, but not over and over again. It would just cost too much to do. One more thing if it takes CSI to know that it is a fake, then didn't you just restore the cart to original condition? These are not one of a kind pieces of art work we are talking about. They are mass produced cartridges just like old radios, cars, and arcade cabinets.