IGNORED

Atlantis II night scene or Atlantis night scene?

NINOCARDO

How can I tell if I have an Atlantis night scene labeled cart or a Atlantis II night scene cart? They look exactly the same. Please help!

You die earlier in Atlantis II.

Watch the font:

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...6735&MENU=2

http://www.atarimania.com/detail_soft.php?...ERSION_ID=11533

8)

Edited by Rom Hunter

Does anyone know how many Atlantis II carts were made? Or at least a ballpark estimate. I have been trying to get my hands on one for quite awhile.

Thanks.

Todd Rogers who did P.R. work for Imagic Defend Atlantis Contest told me that he was pretty sure there were 25 that were made. I asked Rob Fulop and he told me that not many were made. I have made a list of all owners of Atlantis II in the rarity guide. So far only 14 have been found. The paperwork is even harder to find though. I have only seen photographic evidence of 3 Atlantis II's with paperwork. Good luck with your quest though. :)

Edited by homerwannabee

Thanks Homer. Are you an owner of said cart? If so is it, by chance, for sale?

Yeah, I'm the owner of the cart. I used to own two of them, but I sold one a few months ago to get my Bachelor's degree. As far as me selling it anything is for sale. But I really take pride in it and the paperwork that comes with it. So unless your some crazy rich person who is willing to pay some insane price for it. It's staying with me. :)

Edit: Eventually things have a way of turning up. If you wait long enough something is bound to show up. I have a feeling though you will have to wait about 2 or 3 years to get just the cart though. Decypher did have an outstanding offer for $2,500 just for the cart loose. It took him six months but he was finally able to get it.

Edited by homerwannabee

How much for the cart. paperwork etc....... PM me if you want to make a deal. I am not rich, but I do have some disposable Atari funds. If the price is right I would be more than happy to pay. Anyway, thanks for responding. This and Music Machine (with record) are my two most sought after items.

Thanks

How much for the cart. paperwork etc....... PM me if you want to make a deal. I am not rich, but I do have some disposable Atari funds. If the price is right I would be more than happy to pay. Anyway, thanks for responding. This and Music Machine (with record) are my two most sought after items.

Thanks

You know it's always humbling when someone expresses in interest in this item. In a weird way for me it's cool that I have something that some people out there actually want and would be very happy to have. When I got this I had a drug like high that I can't possibly describe. No matter the amount I sell it for I know I would have a feeling of regret that would equal that high. I have only had this for little less than 2 years. But the interest garnered for this item is higher than anything else I have ever had in my entire life. So at the moment I would like to hold onto this and enjoy what I have for a little while longer. Again thank you for the interest. Some items for the Atari 2600 take a lot of patience to get and that is what I love about this hobby. The grails are true grails and not something that can be had after only a week or two of searching. So when you finally get one it is truly an awesome feeling. :)

Thanks

You know it's always humbling when someone expresses in interest in this item. In a weird way for me it's cool that I have something that some people out there actually want and would be very happy to have. When I got this I had a drug like high that I can't possibly describe. No matter the amount I sell it for I know I would have a feeling of regret that would equal that high. I have only had this for little less than 2 years. But the interest garnered for this item is higher than anything else I have ever had in my entire life. So at the moment I would like to hold onto this and enjoy what I have for a little while longer. Again thank you for the interest. Some items for the Atari 2600 take a lot of patience to get and that is what I love about this hobby. The grails are true grails and not something that can be had after only a week or two of searching. So when you finally get one it is truly an awesome feeling. :)

Would you still want the one ring if others didn't fancy it? :ponder:

Thanks

To be honest it is human nature to care about things more when others care about it as well. Just go to some daycare center for awhile and you will see this in action all the time. As far as me wanting it. I would still of wanted it. I am a decent video game player. I have actually won a couple of contests with the high score club. I am nowhere near in the League of someone like Todd Rogers but consider myself on the competitive side when it comes to video game playing. So things that have to do with some sort of competition or some sort of reward are a little more special for me. It allows me to connect to the past. Although I do not have any of the Activision Patches I personally think they are awesome and would definitely one day be interested in getting a few. Especially for the ones where I actually was able to achieve the score required for the patch. So yeah I would still want it. But it does have a little more meaning because of other people wanting it. Is this a weakness. Probably, but hey we all have foibles.

Edited by homerwannabee

Honestly and realistically...

What would the worth of an authentic Atlantis II cartridge be worth, either via private sale or on Ebay?

A loose one anywhere from $1,250 to $2,500. But honestly this is just a guess. There have been some crazy prices paid for some semi-rare stuff recently. The sealed Berenstein bears going for $360 and the loose Halloween going for $300. And the current boxed Halloween going for atleast $450 come to mind.

Edited by homerwannabee

Although I do not have any of the Activision Patches I personally think they are awesome and would definitely one day be interested in getting a few. Especially for the ones where I actually was able to achieve the score required for the patch.

Ya when I was younger I didn't know about the patches from activision and that is exactly why I have some of them now cause when I was younger I did earn those patches I just didn't know it. Kinda like winning a race but fogetting to go pick up your trophy for say...20 years...lol.. ;)

Edited by Shawn Sr.

What do you mean? No comprehende. Still have not figured out how to quote correctly.

Umm, hit the reply" (quote) button in the lower right corner of the post you want to quote.

You want to reply so hence the reply part and you want to quote hence the " part of the button. And you want to click this button on the proper reply in the thread that you want to quote. :ponder:

edited just in case there was confusion between " and the word quote.

Edited by Chickybaby

What do you mean? No comprehende. Still have not figured out how to quote correctly.

The "One Ring" is from Lord of the Rings. To quote people hit the "add" button on the bottom of their post.

Edited by Omegamatrix

This and Music Machine (with record) are my two most sought after items.

Thanks

Here is a Music Machine record for $9

https://www.atari2600.com/item--Music-Machi...A26MEM0018.html

You are aware this did not come with the game though right? Either way I agree that they look cool together :)

You must live under a rock, it's ok, don't worry about what it means.

Uh oh I must have met the Atari Age troll. I think they are in every goup, maybe the same guy. You know, the guy with ABSOLUTELY nothing to say except criticism. I know what "the one ring is" could'nt figure out how it applies to the quote that you captured. Anyway, thanks for being an ass.

Edited by cougar302b