IGNORED

An Atari joystick this Christmas?

Curt Vendel

Hi Curt,

I have already done that few weeks ago...

I have sent many mails with my order information + shipping address...

I have sent you again 24h+ ago again an email via google checkout, including my shipping address...

I have again sent you a new mail right now...

Please, have a look to my problem.

Thanks

Jmi

If you've sent something recently you would've gotten a reply back within a few hours. Leaving a message posting on a message board doesn't get your order filled, contacting the store directly via email is the way to get it filled:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/149872-legacy-engineering-if-you-havent-gotten-your-usb-controllers/

Please follow the instructions and your order will be on its way to you...

Curt

I'm still waiting for my order from November 2008...

I have sent multiple mails, I have sent again all information of my order by Google Checkout but no answer...

Who could help me ?

It has now happened to a 2nd joystick. The stick came out while my son was using it tonight, and when I put it back in, being extra careful, it turned farther than it should have, and the bumps are now gone on it as well.

I took the first one that had this problem apart last night to look inside, and there didn't seem to be any internal damage. It looks like the bumps break off the stick rather than tearing the plastic inside the base.

Little bumps --- dude, what are you using to twist the sticks on - an airpower socket wrench??? You only have to turn the stick about 1/2" to lock it in, you don't need to go overboard turning them. If you've damaged your stick top, let me know, I'll mail you out a replacement, but relax, you don't need to go crazy. You have to really over turn them to go past the alignment slots and damage the keys at the bottom of the sticks --

ya brute! ;-)

Curt

Be careful when assembling the joystick. The little bumps on the bottom of the stick apparently break off fairly easy if you try to screw it in too far. (Or at least that seems to be the experience I had with one of the four I received today, unless somehow that particular stick didn't have them to begin with.)

You are the only person reporting this problem. As I mentioned, I can send you replacements, just email me and let me know.

Curt

It has now happened to a 2nd joystick. The stick came out while my son was using it tonight, and when I put it back in, being extra careful, it turned farther than it should have, and the bumps are now gone on it as well.

I took the first one that had this problem apart last night to look inside, and there didn't seem to be any internal damage. It looks like the bumps break off the stick rather than tearing the plastic inside the base.

Little bumps --- dude, what are you using to twist the sticks on - an airpower socket wrench??? You only have to turn the stick about 1/2" to lock it in, you don't need to go overboard turning them. If you've damaged your stick top, let me know, I'll mail you out a replacement, but relax, you don't need to go crazy. You have to really over turn them to go past the alignment slots and damage the keys at the bottom of the sticks --

ya brute! ;-)

Curt

Be careful when assembling the joystick. The little bumps on the bottom of the stick apparently break off fairly easy if you try to screw it in too far. (Or at least that seems to be the experience I had with one of the four I received today, unless somehow that particular stick didn't have them to begin with.)

You are the only person reporting this problem. As I mentioned, I can send you replacements, just email me and let me know.

Curt

Curt,

I got my four sticks in today - I tried turning the first one about a half inch turn but I stipped the nibs off the stick by turning it just a little too much (guess it didn't "click" like I was expecting.)

The other three should be straight forward, but I'd like to buy a few spare stick handles from you, Curt. :)

I'll blog and put pics on Facebook shortly.

Thanks!!

Jon

Mine came in today, and I will be uploading a video of the unpacking. Nice!! I really like them, and plan on doing some serious gaming with them when time allows.

They came in then I got a phone call to go out. Okay, I got out to a customer's house. I figure, this'll only take a few minutes.

I get another call, I have to go to Kid's school (happened twice!!) so I have to go there. Between trip one and two my frekkin battery blows up in my car (okay, just drama, it kicks the bucket and I am stuck). Walk to k-mart and get a very overpriced battery (I wish I had a battery holder for AA's for my car-- hey, I can make crap happen, okay??) and get going again. Can't change out the battery yet, no tools. I break out my half baked jumper cables and jump off it, get back to the shop.

NOW Kid is scrubbing toilets.

Get back to the shop, have customers waiting, STILL can't open the package. Waiting on customers to get done. They leave.

I make a video, that I am not holding the camera for. You'll see what I mean when it gets uploaded. It'll be on my channel.

Thanks Curt!! Pet the cat for me :)

I don't mean to be rude, but what's video-worthy about opening up a padded envelope? Where's your channel? (YouTube?)

Mine came in today, and I will be uploading a video of the unpacking. Nice!! I really like them, and plan on doing some serious gaming with them when time allows.

They came in then I got a phone call to go out. Okay, I got out to a customer's house. I figure, this'll only take a few minutes.

I get another call, I have to go to Kid's school (happened twice!!) so I have to go there. Between trip one and two my frekkin battery blows up in my car (okay, just drama, it kicks the bucket and I am stuck). Walk to k-mart and get a very overpriced battery (I wish I had a battery holder for AA's for my car-- hey, I can make crap happen, okay??) and get going again. Can't change out the battery yet, no tools. I break out my half baked jumper cables and jump off it, get back to the shop.

NOW Kid is scrubbing toilets.

Get back to the shop, have customers waiting, STILL can't open the package. Waiting on customers to get done. They leave.

I make a video, that I am not holding the camera for. You'll see what I mean when it gets uploaded. It'll be on my channel.

Thanks Curt!! Pet the cat for me :)

• 2 weeks later...

I think the joysticks are great, and I recommend them to anyone on the fence about getting them. The "mushy" fire button is a little bothersome, however it doesn't get in the way of gameplay in most games. I thought I saw Curt say he was working on a fix. Curt, if you see this, any updates?

I love my FB2 sticks, but have no interest in emulation, is it possible that we will ever see these for the 2600?

Well, I suppose if you have them for the FB2 you do have them for the 2600. And they're great for just gaming, anything that needs a joystick it's excellent for; not just emulation.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI I noticed a problem with these joysticks affecting Macs running OSX 10.6.x The problem is Intel Macs running Snow Leopard will NOT boot if the joystick is attached at bootup. I've seen the problem on both a Mac mini and a MacBook. The solution right now is to plug in the joysticks AFTER you see the desktop. The joystick will then work fine, using USB Overdrive. Curt is aware of the problem and is trying to fix it.

I know it's very unnerving not having your computer startup - which is why I'm posting this info.