IGNORED

New Box Templates For 2600 / Colecovision Carts!

CPUWIZ

Those look really good. I'd just use blank boxes to put my loose carts (some with manuals, some without) in, since most of the loose carts are the kind that have expensive to get boxes. Then I could get rid of a few more loose cart holders.

Department stores use to have generic boxes for the game boxes that got destroyed, glued as displayed, etc. Not plain white but colored blue/silver boxes. I could totally see keeping them white for the loose rares and putting into the proper spot on the shelf.

@CPUWIZ you should have cloned a hang tag variation, then sell as replacement Coke Win boxes. :P

These look very good, so what is the issue with printing? Buy your wife an Airbrushing kit already.

So what do you do with them now? Are y'all getting the tech, or taking to kinkos are something? Who has the tech?

So what do you do with them now? Are y'all getting the tech, or taking to kinkos are something? Who has the tech?

Use them to continue making nice looking repro boxes without the tech, you'd need a professional print business to do that sort of thing. Anyone want some blanks? Shoot me a PM.

CPKBox0.jpg

Use them to continue making nice looking repro boxes without the tech, you'd need a professional print business to do that sort of thing. Anyone want some blanks? Shoot me a PM.

Wow, that looks awesome. :lust:

Do you have it in a pdf file or something, granted that you're willing to share it here? I have a a3 printer so i could print them myself.

Nope, sorry. I'd also be shocked if your printer could print on cardboard thick enough for boxes. If it does, I'd like to know what model it is, since both my 13 x 19 printers don't. :D

Do you have it in a pdf file or something, granted that you're willing to share it here? I have a a3 printer so i could print them myself.

Nope, sorry. I'd also be shocked if your printer could print on cardboard thick enough for boxes. If it does, I'd like to know what model it is, since both my 13 x 19 printers don't. :D

what about those pdf files??? could you create them? i think it would be nice even to print the template in a glossy paper and apply it over a cardboard sheet.

What I'd like to know is what kind of glossy paper are you using? I actually want to know for a non-Atari reason. I have a new book coming out in October, a trade paperback ("Homemade Hollywood"--the first book about fan films), and the publisher is doing a small hardcover run as an alternative for libraries, schools, and so on. The catch is, they're just blank hardcovers with the book name on the spine--nothing special about 'em at all, no images on the cover, nothing. So when I get my hardcover copy, I want to make myself a dustjacket for it. Accordingly, if you've found a fairly durable, glossy paper that I can get at Staples, Michael's, whatever, I'd like to learn about it! :)

Thanks,

Clive

If you ever decied to make re-pro boxes for some of these aftermarket games then please let us know ( I would be willing to pay like $25 or so a box ), I will pay for copies but as far as taking these blank boxes to a print shop, well lets just say that I am WAY TO LAZY FOR THAT.

:ponder: :idea: :grin:

If you ever decied to make re-pro boxes for some of these aftermarket games then please let us know ( I would be willing to pay like $25 or so a box ), I will pay for copies but as far as taking these blank boxes to a print shop, well lets just say that I am WAY TO LAZY FOR THAT.

:ponder: :idea: :grin:

using blank boxes doesn't make much sense, unless you just use the white box like it is for storage .... u can't use them in any printer once they are cutted ... silk screen printing might work ... but it's a lot of work then and i doubt that this would get really nice result ... what makes most sense is to do the printing at the same company that does the cutting and to use the already made tool .... CPU could try to find out if that company can do digital print directly on the cardboard (nowadays it's possible on nearly every material, even wood or metal) and then cut them .... that could be a nice service to offer ...

and i would also be interested in a PDF file .... i got a Canon i9950 that does A3+ formats with dye ink and i recently managed to print onto 400g cardboard with nice results ....

i would also be interested in a PDF file

Make one. :P

no big deal ... i just have more important things to do right now .... and you obviously don't :P

I pay people to do that kind of stuff, because I have no time anymore, which is why I don't have a friggin PDF. :P