IGNORED

Pac-Man Collection (ColecoVision) completed. Going beta test

opcode

Are we there yet...

Are we there yet...

Are we there yet...

Are we there yet...

(sorry, it seems to work for my kids :D )

AX

I haven't received the carts yet, but it shouldn't be long now.

While you're waiting, Ax, why dontcha reply to the PM I sent you yesterday? ;)

Guess what? They tried to deliver the carts today, around noon. Why weren't you home, man?! :D

Well, I suppose you can go pick up them in the post office later today, right? :)

BTW, they were all playtested before shipping, no need to worry about that...

Edited by opcode

Guess what? They tried to deliver the carts today, around noon. Why weren't you home, man?! :D

Well, I suppose you can go pick up them in the post office later today, right? :)

Wish I could, but I have an appointment at the gym tonight. I'll go pick up the package at the post office tomorrow night.

BTW, they were all playtested before shipping, no need to worry about that...

I prefer to test them anyway, if only for a couple of minute each. :)

So Opcode... what's the next release you're working on? Will it be Arkanoid or something else??

Opgrade Module is high priority at this point, as all current projects require it. I honestly hope to have a working prototype till June.

As for games, I hope to have at least two games to go with the OM launch. At least an arcade port, which would be Arkanoid or Donkey Kong Arcade, possibly Arkanoid since it's being easier to port and a shorter development cycle is important if we want the OM for this year. I also want at least a MSX port, and it would be Goonies or Knightmare, probably the later, since I believe it best demonstrates the improvements you get with more RAM. Besides, the planned "easy mode" was included last year and the game is basically ready to launch.

So Opcode... what's the next release you're working on? Will it be Arkanoid or something else??

Opgrade Module is high priority at this point, as all current projects require it. I honestly hope to have a working prototype till June.

As for games, I hope to have at least two games to go with the OM launch. At least an arcade port, which would be Arkanoid or Donkey Kong Arcade, possibly Arkanoid since it's being easier to port and a shorter development cycle is important if we want the OM for this year. I also want at least a MSX port, and it would be Goonies or Knightmare, probably the later, since I believe it best demonstrates the improvements you get with more RAM. Besides, the planned "easy mode" was included last year and the game is basically ready to launch.

Wow! I'm surprised that there would be 2 launch titles but I'm in! Knightmare... wasn't that a NES cart at one point?

As for Donkey Kong Arcade... drool... I can't wait to finally play the full arcade game on a home console!! I thought Nintendo would have released this on the wii but they used the NES version... you have a GUARANTEED order when you have this title ready!!

Thanks for sharing the update on things!

Good news: I received the delivery attempt notice today.

Bad news: I will only be able to pick up the package Friday evening.

I guess I know what I'll be doing all week-end long. ;)

Tick- tick- tick-... repeat ad nauseum. :)

Little steps for man suck when you are waiting for the mankind type step! :) lol

Ya gotta admit folks, this is probably the most anticipated release for any homebrew to date-- if not over all, at least for the ColecoVision!

Thanks Pixelboy and Eduardo for making it happen! Colecovison: Sua visão é nossa visão !

Murph

Edited by Murph74

This is really exciting. Any idea when the beta test will be complete so those who are not beta testers will be able to purchase this? Can't wait!

Ok, time for a recap of the latest PMC events: :)

Beta testing was completed long ago. 80 yellow cartridges were assembled last December, but a snowstorm the day I was leaving to Brazil kept me from shipping them to Luc. The box full of cartridges sat in my bedroom for more than a month. The 80 yellow Pac-Man Collection cartridges were shipped to Luc last week. He received a delivery attempt yesterday and is planning to pickup the games tomorrow (Friday). So I believe the people who reserved the yellow version should start having their copies shipped next week. People in the regular black case version list will need to wait a little long.

This is really exciting. Any idea when the beta test will be complete so those who are not beta testers will be able to purchase this? Can't wait!

Ok, time for a recap of the latest PMC events: :)

Beta testing was completed long ago. 80 yellow cartridges were assembled last December, but a snowstorm the day I was leaving to Brazil kept me from shipping them to Luc. The box full of cartridges sat in my bedroom for more than a month. The 80 yellow Pac-Man Collection cartridges were shipped to Luc last week. He received a delivery attempt yesterday and is planning to pickup the games tomorrow (Friday). So I believe the people who reserved the yellow version should start having their copies shipped next week. People in the regular black case version list will need to wait a little long.

Ah. Thanks for the update. I think I am on the list of interested parties, but I am not sure. To whom do I need to contact to find out? Thanks again.

PixelBoy, am I in the (black) cart list?

.. I´ve never acquired a cart trough AtariAge/OpCodeGame/insert-fanmade-game-here.

How exactly does it work? I mean, how the shipping costs are payed, etc. (do you take PayPal?)

Thanks

:D

Okay people, please forgive the negative vibes in this post, but I really need to vent here.

I was supposed to spend most of this week-end working on getting all those PMC carts ready, but last night I had this wonderfully stupid idea: Why don't I go to the gym tomorrow morning, to get that over with, so I can work in peace on the PMC stuff for the rest of the week-end?

First of all, I got up from bed rather late this morning, and no matter how hard I tried, I kept having these little things to do all morning long and I kept saying "Okay, I'll just go to the gym an hour later". I ended up arriving there past noon, and when I finally got back home at around 2:30 PM, I took a shower. When I got out of the shower, my roomate informed me that my mom had called me about a winter coat she had seen at the shopping mall. My immediate reaction: "Oh no...." :ponder:

I spent the remainder of today on laundry and ironing chores, with little time for anything else, and now I'll have to spend the better part of tomorrow shopping with my mother for a stupid winter coat I never asked for, because you can be certain that the coat she found for me today probably won't fit or will be too butt-ugly to wear, and while we're there together, we might as well go to other stores (in more than one shoping mall) to try to find a coat. Oh, and did I mention that both me and my mother don't have cars and we travel by bus? When I get home tomorrow night, I'll probably be too tired and stressed out to give a frickin' rat's @$$ about those PMC carts.

All this in addition to having private training appointments at my local gym on Tuesday and Thursday evenings, so those are two days where I can't get any Opcode-related work done.

So to all those who reserved a copy of PMC, I can only say this: This is going to take a long, LONG time to get all this PMC business sorted out. Take up a sport or a hobby, start re-watching every season of Buffy the Vampire Slayer on DVD, do whatever you can to keep your minds off Pac-Man Collection, because there's just no way I can do all this with any measure of deliberate speed. I wish I could have used this week-end to make good progress on things, but it's just not going to happen. And I don't even want to think about what fate has in store for me NEXT week-end. :x

Grrr.... Some days, I really hate my life...

That's cool man... there is the old saying that good things come to those who wait. I have a pile of games to play in the mean time. Thanks for giving an update on things... much appreciated! Too bad I didn't live close by... I'd give you a hand in a flash!

Plus it gives me a little more time to sell more stuff and focus on my clean sweep of sorts. I fear that once I receive PMC I'll be spending quite a bit of time with it.

Now, time to get back to selling and cleaning up I go...

Hey Luc,

I know I'm only speaking for myself here, but I hope a large majority of people waiting for this game are of a like mind.

Don't sweat it. The weekend you described sounds like normal life...things always pop up to derail the best laid plans. Although people are paying money for this game, it is a labour of love both for you and Eduardo, but also for those of us who have waited so long. I'll gladly wait as long as it takes to get this little slice of joy into my CV...at your pace, not mine.

I'm sure it's frustrating to you because this is finally so close to fruition, but again, don't' sweat it. As Eduardo knows, you never know when life will take a drastic change. One day, you'll look on those frustrating shopping trips with your ma fondly. Don't let us impatient gamers cause you to overlook the important stuff in life.

Cheers.