IGNORED

what were your first game(s) bought for your A8

carmel_andrews

The first game I ever played on Atari was Pole Position on ROM. I got it with my 600XL for Christmas along with a CX40 and a 1010. It absolutely blew me away and I can still see the whole scene in my head. Before the 600XL I'd had a ZX81 - black and white and no sound. The 600XL was a revolution.

Mine.....Arcade Classics (Pacman, Dig Dug, Mr Do and Pole Position) by USG/Datasoft...and Action Biker (mastertronic)

Anyone with anymore

I saw Atari 800 running Star Raiders ... Next day ... I go back to store and buy the system (800, 810, 410, 850, some games)

So, the first games for me, if I remember ... Star Raiders, Kingdom, Hangman

Been a long time....I do however remember actually buying the following within the first couple months I got my A 8-bit:

Disks

----------

Mr. Do!

Zorro

Bruce Lee

Carts

----------

E.T.

Eastern Front

Pac-Man

Basketball

Space Invaders

Star Raiders

Donkey Kong

Might have been more, but these I know were my first.

Kenny

The very first game I (in fact my dad) bought was Crossfire on cartridge. A fantastic game, which i still like.

Unfortunately I do not own that cartridge anymore, but i have the game as a binary.

Next to that I started buying Public Domain tapes from the Stichting Atari Gebruikers (Atari Foundation) (someting like a dutch abbuc).

My first commercial title was "The Extirpator" I guess... or Mr. Dig... (Oh man I really LOVED Mr. Dig when I was a kid!)

Other tapes I bought in those days were: Universal Hero, 4 great games, Periscope Up, The Great American Cross Country Road Race, Ninja Master and I remember I bought

I still have very fond memories of those tape-days. Later I bought myself a Moon Patrol cartridge.

My first original 1050 game was Drop It I think... bought at Pokey Foundation. Later I bought also Wloczykij. Still one of my favorites, but it is hard to control.

Yes. I have bunches of original software. It is a sport to collect the real ones. My absolute favorite collectors items are Tapes. I love the design of the booklets.

Marius

I think it was galaxian. I bought my 400 in the summer of '83, I think. It was on sale at Zayre's Department Store for $149.99 and there was a $50 rebate -- a 'real' computer for under a hundred bucks!

They had the computers on an end of an aisle and the peripherals were in an aisle, but the games were behind a counter. You had to get someone to come hand you the box if you wanted a look. There was never anyone behind the counter and if you asked for help, it took forever for someone to come. I soon discovered that walking behind the counter caused someone to come very quickly, so that's what I did. I was there so much they got used to it.

They had all the arcade hits there on cart, and, eventually, I bought them all -- except pac man. Pac man was *so* bad on the 2600, I couldn't bring myself to buy it. Once I had bought all the carts (except PM), I turned my attention to the games on cassette -- war of the worlds, nuke war, and energy czar. These required a cassette player and BASIC, so I got The Programmer.

Finally, I bought pac man and it didn't suck. We made drinking games out of most of these games. Star Raiders, Blue Max, and Jungle Hunt were the best drinking games ;-)

My first games were purchased in a group. I had my 130XE for a while before I had anything for it. No carts, disk drive, or tape deck. My parents ended up buying me a group of game direct from Atari which included Basketball, Defender, Qix, and Galaxians. I got a bunch of the XEGS carts later on, and even got a 1050 a little while before I traded in my 130XE for an ST.