IGNORED

Recordings of cassette loader music?

bani

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Does anyone have recordings of the loader music from cassette games? They were recorded on one of the analogue channels on the tape.

I recall some quite interesting tunes from the loaders for synapse games...

Well, I don't have any games any more with this feature (the only one I ever owned was "Wilder Westen" by Europa Computer-Club - reeaally crappy), but I do own an original copy of "Programmieren leicht gemacht" by Atari, featuring the voice of Dagmar Berghoff (first female TV newsreader in Germany and hence quite popular) - some programs fail to load properly, though - if anyone wants it and dares trying to rescue the contents of this tape, I'll give it away for postage cover.

Thorsten

Well,

afaik the german firms Quelle and Europa also (Europa nearly always!) used the Audo track... with music...

-Andreas Koch.

As far as I know the spoken text is different on my version of this game.

By the way: there is a large mistake in this game. When I believe this game, The Hague is the capital of the Netherlands, which is wrong.... it has been Amsterdam for ages.

Marius

'CharlieChaplin' means the publisher 'Europa' (budget software) not the geographic game.

BTW: Speed Run was released with an additional soundtrack on tape and I remember that

'Broadsides' toggles the data recorder motor on and off during the game - was there a tape too?

• 11 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Think I already uploaded these cassette audio recordings, but I do not remember in which AA topic. So here they are once more...

Atari Jingle.zip Biorhythm.zip Blackjack.zip Europa.zip European_Countries.zip Hangman.zip Kingdom.zip Lone_Raider.zip Sammy_Sea_Serpent.zip Speed_Run.zip States_and_Capitals.zip Train.zip Yoomp_Audio_Music.zip

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I have captured dozens of mastertronic, firebird, elite systems, atlantis etc. tapes and not a single one has loader music.

The UK releases of Synapse games like Dimension X appear to have the loader music removed for no reason. Very sad.

The Lone Raider may be the only UK produced tape ever to have loader music.

2 hours ago, bani said:

So I have captured dozens of mastertronic, firebird, elite systems, atlantis etc. tapes and not a single one has loader music.

The UK releases of Synapse games like Dimension X appear to have the loader music removed for no reason. Very sad.

The Lone Raider may be the only UK produced tape ever to have loader music.

Correct. Since I have copied (or tried to copy)  821  A8 tapes onto diskette with my Hifi system, I can confirm that very few of them (approx. 2%) do have loader music. Alas, I did not get the tape version of "Zeppelin" (Synapse) into my hands yet and errrm, 49.95 Euro at ebay for that tape is a bit too expensive for me. I do not want to pay 50-100 Euro for single A8 tapes where no-one can guarantee that they work...

17 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Correct. Since I have copied (or tried to copy)  821  A8 tapes onto diskette with my Hifi system, I can confirm that very few of them (approx. 2%) do have loader music. Alas, I did not get the tape version of "Zeppelin" (Synapse) into my hands yet and errrm, 49.95 Euro at ebay for that tape is a bit too expensive for me. I do not want to pay 50-100 Euro for single A8 tapes where no-one can guarantee that they work...

2% means you have 16 tapes with loader music, can you share them? ?

your speed run seems to be a separate tape included with the game, and not loader music? my speed run has no music.

Edited by bani

19 hours ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Hi Charlie,

I have the Zepplin tape. If you like, I can make the extract of the loader music. Just need your instructions/what settings you prefer...

Best regards

Tigerduck

Well,

I normally place the A8 tape into my Hifi tapedeck and use a Y-splitter, so that I can record it with 2x mono (left and right channel), 44khz onto CD with my Hifi CD recorder. Then I place the CD into my PC DVD device and convert it into WAV, 16Bit, 44khz, stereo and finally convert into MP3 (224 or 256 kbit) stereo.

Maybe you can place the tape into a tape player, connect only the left/audio channel to the PC and also record with 2x mono, 44khz ? Then it should be easy to convert the resulting WAV into MP3...

6 hours ago, bani said:

2% means you have 16 tapes with loader music, can you share them? ?

your speed run seems to be a separate tape included with the game, and not loader music? my speed run has no music.

I wrote approx. 2% = approximately 2% = not exactly 2%

You can find 13 recordings above, 11 from old tapes (from the 80s) and 2 from new tapes. The loader music on the german Europa tapes is always the same - and they released some 30 or so tapes. I can of course send you the Europa loader music 30 times in various lengths, but that would be boring, wouldn't it ? http://mrbacardi.000space.com/games/Europa/Europa.html

Hope to get the Zeppelin loader music soon. And yes, the Speed Run music is a separate tape, not really loader music. But you could also get it with the disk version and thus load the tape music while the diskette loads... (so with a disk loading, it is loader music from tape).

• Like 1

On 1/11/2021 at 7:13 AM, CharlieChaplin said:

Well,

I normally place the A8 tape into my Hifi tapedeck and use a Y-splitter, so that I can record it with 2x mono (left and right channel), 44khz onto CD with my Hifi CD recorder. Then I place the CD into my PC DVD device and convert it into WAV, 16Bit, 44khz, stereo and finally convert into MP3 (224 or 256 kbit) stereo.

Maybe you can place the tape into a tape player, connect only the left/audio channel to the PC and also record with 2x mono, 44khz ? Then it should be easy to convert the resulting WAV into MP3...

please don't record in mono. you can't remove the data crosstalk without the data track.