IGNORED

RMT on real Atari's

olavese@online.no

Have a look at raster´s site to get the rmt player for the Atari.

Or simply export as XEX and you have the song ready for it. If you want to write your own routines and play the song with them simply export as ASM and you will get the sourcecode.

Have a look at raster´s site to get the rmt player for the Atari.

Or simply export as XEX and you have the song ready for it. If you want to write your own routines and play the song with them simply export as ASM and you will get the sourcecode.

Oh, you mean from RMT on Windows? Thanks for the input ... will try it out ... Take Atarian care

I don't know if this is a stupid question, but is there a RMT player for the Atari? Any code that plays RMT or something?

Thank you and take Atarian care

If you want play RMT modules on 8bit Atari XE/XL, there is RMTPLAYER1.06: http://raster.infos.cz/atari/rmt/rmtpl106.xex

rmtpl106.gif

or you can use tracker's function "Export as.." and export any modul as XEX Atari executable file and execute it on Atari.

If you want play RMT modules on PC, see the http://asap.sourceforge.net project by Fox/Taquart.

(ASAP supports native file formats of Atari music editors: Chaos Music Composer (CMC, CMR, DMC) , Music ProTracker (MPT, MPD) , Raster Music Tracker (RMT) , Theta Music Composer (TMC, TM8, TM2)).

Greetings, raster/c.p.u.

I don't know if this is a stupid question, but is there a RMT player for the Atari? Any code that plays RMT or something?

Thank you and take Atarian care

If you want play RMT modules on 8bit Atari XE/XL, there is RMTPLAYER1.06: http://raster.infos.cz/atari/rmt/rmtpl106.xex

rmtpl106.gif

or you can use tracker's function "Export as.." and export any modul as XEX Atari executable file and execute it on Atari.

If you want play RMT modules on PC, see the http://asap.sourceforge.net project by Fox/Taquart.

(ASAP supports native file formats of Atari music editors: Chaos Music Composer (CMC, CMR, DMC) , Music ProTracker (MPT, MPD) , Raster Music Tracker (RMT) , Theta Music Composer (TMC, TM8, TM2)).

Greetings, raster/c.p.u.

Thank you ... I'll check out those too ... From your name there, I guess it's your program? I wonder, how much CPU power does it take? I coded some demos in the 80's and mostly used Warhawk, Jet Set Willy and those musix ... They leave enough time for more things ... I mean, some of the tunes are really brilliant ... who needs a C64? (Hi, hi ... I do actually, but it's mainly because I collect systems) ... Love my Atari's more than any other computers ... Wish it was the 80's again :-)

And could it do Synth Sample by George Feil (you know the spacey tune ... brilliant) ... I was so sure I heard that on Atari before (ST's maybe?, because I can not find it in my library of downloads for A8)

If somebody make this tune and it sounds like the C64 ... I pay USD 30 for it :-)

Take Atarian care

Thank you ... I'll check out those too ... From your name there, I guess it's your program? I wonder, how much CPU power does it take? I coded some demos in the 80's and mostly used Warhawk, Jet Set Willy and those musix ... They leave enough time for more things ...

CPU power consumption depends on effects used in song. Player asm routine supports so-called "FEAT" optimalizations, so only code parts for effects used in song are compiled to player. Then a lot of CPU cycles and memory can be saved. :)

I'm glad of some people are using RMT in their games and demos for years already... ;)

And I would like to thank you for making it possible :-)

I think some tunes are really great, but some sound a bit off pitch ... But that is up to the musicians maybe? :-)

Great work ... and really nice to have that player make data code ... Excellent, but it doesn't make me a better musician sadly :-/ Hi, hi

Have a lovely day and take Atarian care