IGNORED

What Xbox 360 game are you currently playing?

moycon

Carneyvale - best $5 I have ever spent.

Far Cry 2 - meh.

Dead Space - about to start it

Let me know if Dead Space is any good.

The thought of dismembering something, as a vital part of the gameplay, is awesome!!!!!

Will do.

I have been playing Castle Crashers, Bomberman Live, Halo 3 and I just got GH3. I can't wait to tear into GH3, and FINALLY be able to play Devil went down to Georgia, in quick play mode on Expert.

When I got it for PS2, that was the ONLY song I REALLY wanted to play... and when I beat the game, I was soooooooooo disappointed that I couldn't play it.

With that being said, I rarely play the 360, Amanda is the one always playing Bomberman. I have no time to do any real gaming.

Edited by keilbaca

Dead Space:

Have been playing for 2 nights.

How is this game not HUGELY popular ! ?

This is Resident Evil in space but without the clunky movement.

I have jumped out of my skin 3 or 4 times already.

The interface is the best I have ever seen in any game.

It feels just like the original Alien movie in atmosphere.

I am only 4 or 5 hours in, and I love it.

I think this may have been lost in all the other great games of fall.

With Fable 2, Fallout 3, COD5 etc. etc. etc. this could have easily

been lost in the pile.

I would say don't miss this one.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing there's not a mode on Dead Rising where I don't have to worry about time limits and cases.....and would let me do whatever the hell I wanted?

I read about Overtime mode and it sounds the same as the normal mode.....just an extra day.

And Infinite mode sounds almost like what I want............but not quite. You're constantly losing health, etc. etc.

F.E.A.R 2 - Meh.....

GFX is pretty good generally, but still cheaps out here and there. Walk up close to a crate, and you see the highly pixelated low-res textures/text. It's 2009 on a modern console, why do they still do this cheezyness. Yet other places it's stellar. Dust floating in the air in the underground tunnels and stuff is freaking amazing.

Not scary. Annoying yes, scary no. I dunno, maybe I need to play the first one to apperciate the whole scary supernatural theme or something?

Fairly short. Finished in like 10 hours. IE: Another game for ADD sufferers that rent games rather then buy them.

Dead Space is great and totally worth playing.

I am about to start Lost Odyssey.

Anyone play this?

(Moycon, I know you were playing this, do you have a more in depth review for me?)

Edited by therealred5

(Moycon, I know you were playing this, do you have a more in depth review for me?)

Twas a great RPG indeed. I wont say it was the best RPG on the 360 I played. I'll reserve that for Eternal Sonata, but it was a sumptuous feast for the eyes in it's own right. Everything about the game was top notch. The visuals, the voice acting, the story line. (Although I'll admit there really didn't seem to be much chemistry between the couple who were married. Hard to explain, I guess the lead make character just walks around acting like Keanu Reeves. The battles were tradition turn-based, not real time. With an interesting system of critical hits (you have to hit a ring right on the money to perform a critical hit)

One thing I will mention I swear they were going out of their way to try and make a gamer cry on the first disk. The main story in the beginning is quite depressing as it is, then later there was even a 10 minute mini-quest to prepare for a funeral!! To add to my sadness, every time you picked up something for this quest it would remind you what number you were on...and how many you had to go. Since the objects sometimes were like 5 seconds a part, I kinda felt sad, and like a 4 year old at the same time. Seriously though, for the most part I had a blast with this game and spent many an hour getting every achievement.

I just started Lost Odyssey. Seems pretty 'Final Fantasy-ish' to me so far (which isn't a bad thing). The game is really dark for some reason though (I mean brightness-wise, not mood-wise). I had to turn my TV's brightness all the way up to see what the heck is going on.

Tempest

The game is really dark for some reason though (I mean brightness-wise, not mood-wise). I had to turn my TV's brightness all the way up to see what the heck is going on.

I don't recall that problem at all, even in the caves. Well except the one where you need to get the little light orbs to follow you around.

Ok I've unlocked about 6 dreams now and all I have to say is "WTF is wrong with people who wrote this game?" Did they all get off their anti-depressants or something? I've never read so many sad stories in my life! They're great writing, but depressing as hell. I hope the rest of the game isn't like this or they're going to have to put me on suicide watch...

Tempest

Ok I've unlocked about 6 dreams now and all I have to say is "WTF is wrong with people who wrote this game?" Did they all get off their anti-depressants or something? I've never read so many sad stories in my life! They're great writing, but depressing as hell. I hope the rest of the game isn't like this or they're going to have to put me on suicide watch...

Tempest

LOL If you haven't met the youngsters yet..... it gets worse, and since it's story related, it's unavoidable!!!!! Luckily, from what I recall as long as you stop reading the dreams and after you team up with the Cooke and Mack you wont have to reach for the tissue. I think the story writers just wanted to try to get us gamers to sob on that first disk. I think I quit reading the dreams after about the 6th one. If you ever feel really too happy later on, you can always re-dream the dream you've found at any time and bring yourself down.

Tempest

LOL If you haven't met the youngsters yet..... it gets worse, and since it's story related, it's unavoidable!!!!! Luckily, from what I recall as long as you stop reading the dreams and after you team up with the Cooke and Mack you wont have to reach for the tissue. I think the story writers just wanted to try to get us gamers to sob on that first disk. I think I quit reading the dreams after about the 6th one. If you ever feel really too happy later on, you can always re-dream the dream you've found at any time and bring yourself down.

I think they're just trying to show how depressing it is being immortal. But still, I think the writers have serious issues...

Tempest

I think they're just trying to show how depressing it is being immortal. But still, I think the writers have serious issues...

Tempest

Yep you hit the nail square on the head. I'll admit I never went back and re-watched the dreams. I always assumed that as you go on they might start to get less and less depressing and more and more positive. I still have one more achievement to get (a real bitch of a boss on the DLC) I think when I go for that one I'll watch of the other dreams.