IGNORED

What Xbox 360 game are you currently playing?

moycon

Working on Dragon Age II and Dragon Age: Inquisition. I've put aside Destiny for the time being, as I also have too many games and not enough time to sit down and "get into" them. I've also stopped buying games like a crazy man and have decided to actually PLAY the ones I've got, instead of adding more to the pile.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found the Batman collection (Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY and Batman Arkham City GOTY) for about $22 at Gamestop. I haven't set down to play it extensively yet, but so far it's good.

There are a lot of great games on 360, but IMO opinion that series is easily in the top 3.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I know nothing of this game. Can you give me a brief summary?

If you enjoy playing JRPG's you'll probably like it.

It's a semi turned based JRPG which features a system of building up "hits" and then triggering a massive attack. There's some teamwork involved as well. Three characters are playable in combat and you can give the controller to two other players for a three player game or co-op........or you can just play the whole game on your own. Its a good game to bring your girlfriend, sibling, wife etc in on cause its easy to learn. Another feature in combat is Light areas and Dark areas. If you stand in a lighted spot or a dark shaded area your special attack changes. If a creature stands in shadow or in light it will also change. Its an interesting twist and makes for some strategic play.

The story is pretty good, its about Chopin dying and living out a quest in this dream world where it sort of blends into reality. Its very colorful and Ghibli-like, humorous, sad, etc. It also has this huge hidden optional dungeon which adds a bunch more playtime to the game.

One glaring negative I would say is that the dialogue and cut scenes are incredibly slow paced but you can easily skip them. I don't mind the relaxing tunes and slow great looking scenes but after a while it gets tiresome. lol

I'm not the biggest IGN fan but this is a good review and what I would agree with:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2007/09/13/eternal-sonata-review-2

Thanks for the information on Eternal Sonata. I'll keep an eye out for it. And Spectre51, you aren't the only one. There's so many games to "complete" for myself personally, and the Borderlands series is one of them. I've been working on the first game...and loving every minute of it.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm playing Assassin's Creed III (about 45%), and I kind of think it sucks. There have been so many times in this game that it has just not worked the way it is supposed to or the scenario they were setting you into was impossible to do without completely failing at least once. I've played all of the ones that have come before this one, and it is easily the worst. I don't really enjoy the whole "build up your mansion" part of the game and so I'm racing past all that sh!+. The best parts so far are the Desmond missions!

• Like 1

Old Stuff:

Midway Arcade

Ms. Pac-Man\Pac-Man

Xevious

Actually it's because of that kinda stuff that I love the 360... A 360, a couple dozen oldschool games and a great arcade stick and you're set for some awesome fun.

Have you gotten "capcom digital collection"? Couple pretty good games there.

Actually it's because of that kinda stuff that I love the 360... A 360, a couple dozen oldschool games and a great arcade stick and you're set for some awesome fun.

Have you gotten "capcom digital collection"? Couple pretty good games there.

Yep it's great, I wish the Game Room survived cause it had a lot of potential. Capcom collection is great too. Some of the remakes were lame though IMO. Warlords, Yars Revenge....didn't like any of those. Hoping someday someone releases some arcade packs for games that were not Atari/Midway like Exidy and the Universal games. Lady Bug, Me. Do, Venture etc. Probably tough to get the rights to do them I dont know.

• Like 1

I'm hoping to load up on some of the arcade classics from the Live Arcade either today or tomorrow. I've been hankering to play Asteroids/Deluxe and some Pacman/Ms Pacman with the Xbox 360 controller, which I love. The more arcade games I have, the better! There are more games I want to get from the "bargain bin" ($5.00 games), but some arcades are a must at the moment.

I played some Fallout 3 for the first time, but It's what I expected. I walked, than I read some awful cliché dialogue, than I walked more, and then there was combat, and it was so bad I just didin't bother and ran away. And once you go out of the door you're safe. Enemies didin't follow. So I walked more. And I read a ton of crappy dialogue, and walked. And then I needed to do some stupid messanger quest. So I walked, and I walked. Until BOOOM! I met more boring stupid dialogue. Damn, To think I spent way over 100 hours on morrowind and oblivion, and now I just despise Bethesda games.

• Like 1

Just started Dragons Dogma and am finding that the game is quite entertaining. I was looking for something "different" than Skyrim, and this one seems to fit the bill. The game came with parts one and two, so two games for about $15.00 (more or less). Combat seems intuitive, and the large creature battles are actually quite fun and engaging. Not sure how "open ended" this game is, but I've been taking some side quests to level up my character (a warrior...tried a mage and found it a little off-putting).

Anyone else have some experience with this title? What do you have for a preferred class?

• Like 1

Just started Dragons Dogma and am finding that the game is quite entertaining. I was looking for something "different" than Skyrim, and this one seems to fit the bill. The game came with parts one and two, so two games for about $15.00 (more or less). Combat seems intuitive, and the large creature battles are actually quite fun and engaging. Not sure how "open ended" this game is, but I've been taking some side quests to level up my character (a warrior...tried a mage and found it a little off-putting).

Anyone else have some experience with this title? What do you have for a preferred class?

Its an awesome game, played the crap out of it. It's up there with Skyrim and any Bethesda game for me. There's a few threads here at Atariage where I mention a few tips like the infinite ferry stone etc.

I stuck with Mystic Knight but also had another character where I did Mystic Archer. If you play the game long enough (beat it repeatedly) you can be any class and switch between them at will although whatever you focus on for the majority of the game is what you'll be best at. I don't remember how high I got on 360 (70?), on PS3 I think I made to to lvl 135. I think the max is 200 which means beating the game at least a dozen times.

My pawns I would change depending on what I needed, I mostly kept mine a Ranger or Strider. I used my friends pawn a lot in the beginning but after I passed him up I started using random ones from the rift. I used a few Atariager's pawns like Moycon's for a bit. My Pawns name is Crimson I think, its been a while so I can't remember. You can hire your friends pawns for free so if your on my friends list on Xbox Live you can get her to help out. You can also pack stuff and gift things back and forth. Really cool game. Coming out next month on PC so Ill be playing it again soon.

• Like 1