IGNORED

What Xbox 360 game are you currently playing?

moycon

I've been splitting my time between 'Sacred 2' (the concert was cool... where can a buy a T-Shirt for the band?) and "Civilization Revolution".

I picked up Civ Rev for $20 at WalMart.

CivRev is such a steal at $20

Agreed. I actually like it enough I might go for completion of all the achievements. I rarely ever do that.

• 4 months later...

After finishing both Mass Effect 2 and Bioshock 2 (Still plan on playing Bioshock 2 online some more) I've started Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 and to break the #2 kick, Deadly Premonition.

MUA2 is decent enough. I really liked the first one, this one seems like a worthy successor, although I felt they could have done a better job in the interactive conversations you have with other characters.

Right now I'm playing Oblivion and I'm almost done with the main quest. After that I think I'm still going to play because I have the Game of the Year Edition and there are like two expansions on it, not to mention all the side quests in the main game too :P

Right after completing Mass Effect (on my new 360), I jumped right into Mass Effect 2. Superb games both, I'm about half way through ME2 right now, doing absolutely every little task.

What an amazing game world Bioware built.

Just played Ninja Blade. What a disaster! I couldn't even get past the Peter Scolari worm. You'd fight him, perform the finisher, and he'd STILL come after you. Worst of all, in the scene that immediately follows, you're trapped in a tight corridor that requires you to walk on the sides of walls, which your ninja doesn't really like to do. Naturally, this meant that instead of running away, you'd be steamrolled by the scoliosis worm, over and over and over again until you said "the hell with it" and shut off your system.

The game suffers from "can't-make-up-its-damn-minditis." Most of the action is played out in a series of brain dead quick time events that can't be failed and won't stop replaying until you complete them. The slim remainder is a hackneyed God of War clone where you cut up enemies by racking on the X and Y buttons. There are finishers but they are impossible to complete. There is a wheel you can throw but it's only useful for putting out flames. The combat in Darksiders was more enjoyable, and that game was a lot less linear and more interactive than this crap.

Just played Ninja Blade. What a disaster!

I played this game some last year. Sounds like I got farther than you in the game. I loved the actual quick time event videos, but hated pushing the buttons, I would have rather just watched the outrageous events without having to press a button to keep it going. If all those videos had been part of a Ninja movie it would have been a blast to watch. As a game, it was just annoying, as were the running on the wall parts.

I did the dumb shit back in January, and hooked Oblivion back up, I'm almost finished with everything except the main quest, and the GOTY extra stuff. Man, you can loose a LOT of time to that game.

I must get AVP opened sometime, I got it, and it just sits in it's box looking at me like "you bastid" cause I still haven't played it :lol:

Went to Blockbuster to rent a 5 dollar game for 6 days and found out it's really 9 dollars for 5 days. Although I'll probably run out of food before the month is over, I decided to join the living for a while and rented Mass Effect 2 and Grand Theft Auto IV.

After wiping off the sticky fingerprints, I'm ready to play. I hope all of the stupefying scratches won't make the games screw up.

Edited by Random Terrain

I popped Fear files in as I saw someone else had just got it. It is still a superb game and so much better than the official sequel the average fear 2.

Then I had another try at Force unleased and well i am still terrible at it....

got the pacification achievement at geometry wars....

Went to Blockbuster to rent a 5 dollar game for 6 days and found out it's really 9 dollars for 5 days. Although I'll probably run out of food before the month is over, I decided to join the living for a while and rented Mass Effect 2 and Grand Theft Auto IV.

After wiping off the sticky fingerprints, I'm ready to play. I hope all of the stupefying scratches won't make the games screw up.

Shit man, I would have GIVEN you my copy of Grand Theft Auto IV. Might be hard to play with all the stomp marks, though.

Shit man, I would have GIVEN you my copy of Grand Theft Auto IV. Might be hard to play with all the stomp marks, though.

I think I might know why it has stomp marks on it and I haven't been playing it for that long. Here's something I posted in another thread that is related to what I said above:

I rented GTA IV and Mass Effect 2 yesterday. So far I'm liking how if you die in Mass Effect 2, you continue very close to the place where you died. It's been a while since I played the first one, but if I remember correctly, it seemed like you had to go back farther after a death. I don't know why my ship has a talking vagina, but I guess it's better than a talking pecker.

So far I'm liking Mass Effect 2 more than Grand Theft Auto IV. GTA IV might look a little better than GTA: SA, but it seems like GTA: SA is more fun and has more things to do. Game rentals at Blockbuster are 9 dollars for 5 days, not 5 dollars for 6 days like I read online. I might change my mind, but it seems like GTA IV was a waste of 9 dollars. So far it's more of the same crap, it's not as fun as GTA: SA, and there are fewer cheats.

Mass Effect 2 seems like it might be worth the 9 bucks, but I'm still not spending this much on game rentals again. I get more enjoyment out of the independent games you can buy with a points card, so that's where my future game related money will go. I'm going to buy games like Miner Dig Deep and Shadow Complex.

I had some complaints about GTA: SA, but if you don't play the missions, GTA: SA is more fun than GTA IV since you have more things to do (like fly using airplanes, helicopters, or a jetpack) and the cheats give you god-like control over the game so you can play the kind of game you want to play. For example, sometimes I want to play where the cops always ignore me and other times it's fun to have a war with the cops. In GTA IV, you'd be dead before you could type in the cheat to lower your wanted level.

Edited by Random Terrain

I picked up Pure, an ATV racing/ tricks game, and I'd recommend it -- its pretty cheap now, got mine for $15. Pure is a real treat - great realistic visuals and fun gameplay, the antithesis to the common sim-style precision-driving racers out there. I like how you can build your own ATV from the frame to the shocks to the handlebars etc.