IGNORED

someone getting hosed out of $150

JustJeff2

Nope...its mine I swear! Send $150.00 in cash or the equivilent monetary value worth of menthol cigarettes to me at:

Prisioner 112343, Cell 137

c/o Toledo Correctional Institution

2001 East Central Avenue

Toledo, OH, 43608

Also please include photos (preferably nude) and contact information for any women you know who may be interested in correspondence by mail...it's lonely in here.

Pardon boys but it seems that I can´t post some pics because something is running wild with my computer and

I don´t own a private camera and the guy who wanted to borrow me his camera has been caught by the

german border police.........but that´s another story............. :D :D :D ;)

I hope it's for real, lemoncurry. Although it really looks suspicious, don't lose hope. Remember that one Atlantis II that sold alongside Condor Attack in a lot for $13.50? Neither cart was visible in the auction photo and IIRC, the buyer didn't know what he had until he plugged in the cart to test them.

I almost bid on this myself, but I thought I'd never see a shipment or my $150 again. It woulda been worth opening a paypal account for, though, 'cause if he doesn't ship anything, you might be able to get the $150 back.

I can't remember, but can't an item be reported simply for using the someone's image... or copying the text of another auction? I thought that was something that could be done on auctions like these.

Yes, but it usually takes eBay around 24 hours to remove an item so I doubt they'll get to it in time. Perhaps if more people report the item.. :ponder:

..Al

reported

Ebay finally responded to the report I filed. Yeah I know it's too late now.

Thank you for writing eBay in regard to image and text theft.

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with this information. I understand how this situation could be of some concern.

I have reviewed the information that you provided regarding the use of images or text in item number 130255534617, but at this point find that I do not have enough evidence to show that the member has violated any eBay rules.

Regrettably, we will only be able to take action if the owner of the images or text writes to us. In some instances, sellers may have obtained permission to use the material. Therefore, we often cannot remove listings based on the representations of third parties whose credentials we cannot verify.

We do understand the potential for further issues in this type of situation. That is why, if you feel strongly about this issue, we recommend that you contact the owner of the images or text, and recommend that they contact us directly. Once we hear from them, we will take appropriate action.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us with your concerns.

Thank you participating in the eBay community.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing eBay.

Sincerely,

Corie M.

eBay Customer Support

I really hope it's a case that we jumped the gun and lemoncurry gets his Atlantis II

The box in that photo looks legit, but the question is... is that a photo of the box the buyer will receive?

The photo is not legit. Here is the photo from Atariage and here is the photo from Ebay. Do you notice how they are totally identical, including scratches. :ponder:

First one is from Atariage, the second is from the auction.

He saved the picture and uploaded the picture on ebay acting like it was his.

Interesting claim about not having a camera, as if you look at two of the seller's older auctions, you'll see these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=130242696743

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=130233076806

Both images have the same background, and one of the auctions is for two different games (Doom and Killer Instinct for the SNES), and both are in the same picture. I find it unlikely that the seller would have managed to find a single picture with both of those games, and then find another image for Mortal Kombat 2 32X also taken on the same surface.

..Al

DAMN Albert, you ever think about becoming a detective? I never would have caught that one.

Interesting claim about not having a camera, as if you look at two of the seller's older auctions, you'll see these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=130242696743

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=130233076806

Both images have the same background, and one of the auctions is for two different games (Doom and Killer Instinct for the SNES), and both are in the same picture. I find it unlikely that the seller would have managed to find a single picture with both of those games, and then find another image for Mortal Kombat 2 32X also taken on the same surface.

..Al

DAMN Albert, you ever think about becoming a detective? I never would have caught that one.

Those are old pics before his camera broke :roll: