IGNORED

How to fix NES, Game Boy, Sega Cartridges that seem unfixable until now?

crazytoy

How to fix NES, Game Boy, Sega Cartridges that seem unfixable until now? Only Untampered games

I had about 10 Game boy games, 10 NES Games that for years I tried to clean with every know method did not work until now. Somehow I made a "magical solution" and they are working now. I am kinda beyond belief. If you have a dirty cartridge that appears not to work...please PM and I will give you a detail list what to do and the final "magical solution". Only $1.00. Let me know.

How to fix NES, Game Boy, Sega Cartridges that seem unfixable until now? Only Untampered games

I had about 10 Game boy games, 10 NES Games that for years I tried to clean with every know method did not work until now. Somehow I made a "magical solution" and they are working now. I am kinda beyond belief. If you have a dirty cartridge that appears not to work...please PM and I will give you a detail list what to do and the final "magical solution". Only $1.00. Let me know.

It has been 10 minutes now and nobody PM or request me what the magic solution is:)

Magic Solution is Hard Liquor like Vodka or Whiskey with a Qtip ear swab. Rub first about 15 seconds and dry fast afterwards with a dry q-tip for 15 seconds. Works wonders. I tried cleaning them with 98% rubbing alcohol and they would not work for the life of me. I gave it some sugar crane and almost made me have a heart attack in disbelief. They appear all to be working...I am amazed

If you are going to use liquor, you don't want something like Vodka. That's only like 20% alcohol - i.e. lots of water and possibly other stuff.

Everclear is a better bet, but you might as well use anyhdrous isopropyl.

Their cleaning solution appears to be $6 to $10 a bottle. Hey if it works it works.

Which is quite inexpensive for cleaning stuff. And one bottle will last you forever, you only need a couple of drops per corroded cart. ;)

Edited by remowilliams

I'm a cheap ass, and I will buy any cart I don't have no matter how gross it is.

Personally I just use 99% Isopropol and that works for plain dirty contacts. Really corroded contacts need to be polished. I use a tool that is made by Dremel that was meant for cleaning gold clubs. It's a fairly low rpm, battery operated rotory tool that is easy to handle. Use a felt pad and some metal polish and a little patience will get rid of the green crud and make 'em nice and shiney! :)

2JLK.jpg

Alcohol works for me, but I use "moonshine" ;) Way higher % percentage alcohol than that crap you buy at the liquor stores. If you want them super clean, you can distill the shine twice, but I would not drink it after the second run through unless you stomach is lined with stainless steel; probably would screw up your eyesight as well. Works wonders on dirty contacts though. Cheers, FB

Alcohol works for me, but I use "moonshine" ;) Way higher % percentage alcohol than that crap you buy at the liquor stores. If you want them super clean, you can distill the shine twice, but I would not drink it after the second run through unless you stomach is lined with stainless steel; probably would screw up your eyesight as well. Works wonders on dirty contacts though. Cheers, FB

ACTUALLY VERY STRONG LIQUOR LIKE MOONSHINE IS THE KEY. DOES WONDERS

I wonder what makes drinkable alcohol work better than the more pure (in some cases *far* more pure) rubbing alcohol. Rubbing alcohol (97-98%) generally works for me, though I do have to work at it longer than I'd like sometimes. I may have to try 'the good stuff' after hearing this.

Though I'm a rum drinker which is probably not ideal.

Another thing that I found helps is that expensive can of electronics cleaner with the stiff brush on the end that radioshack sells. Not so much for carts, but for cart slots. It really gets in there pretty well, which is great for some of the more picky systems, like neo geo.

prs1c2264867w345we3.th.jpg

Here I thought you'd say to pee on them.

that only works with my pile of combat carts. Works wonders for them, and makes me feel like I've accomplished something at the same time. A shame it really doesn't 'clean' them per se...

Edited by Reaperman

Alcohol works for me, but I use "moonshine" ;) Way higher % percentage alcohol than that crap you buy at the liquor stores.

For the record.

Everclear, off the shelf, is 95% (190 proof)

Moonshine, on avaerage, is 80% (160 proof), tho is does depend source, as is can be as low as 45% (90 proof). It's rare to find moonshine any higher because the taste starts becoming less appealing. The whole thing about moonshine is the taste & warm fuzzy feeling it gives you. But if you double distill it, you'll end up around 95% (190 proof) (and tasting like lighter fluid).

In the end, if your looking for alcohol content, you're better off going to the liquor store and buying a bottle of Everclear.

Alcohol works for me, but I use "moonshine" ;) Way higher % percentage alcohol than that crap you buy at the liquor stores.

For the record.

Everclear, off the shelf, is 95% (190 proof)

Moonshine, on avaerage, is 80% (160 proof), tho is does depend source, as is can be as low as 45% (90 proof). It's rare to find moonshine any higher because the taste starts becoming less appealing. The whole thing about moonshine is the taste & warm fuzzy feeling it gives you. But if you double distill it, you'll end up around 95% (190 proof) (and tasting like lighter fluid).

In the end, if your looking for alcohol content, you're better off going to the liquor store and buying a bottle of Everclear.

regardless whatever it does to the video games carts...it does wonders...it fix my infixable games. I try for years to clean them with Rubbing Alcohol and nothing...put some everclear or moonshine...the whole game will jump out of your hands...it does something to them...super charge them of something

I wonder what makes drinkable alcohol work better than the more pure (in some cases *far* more pure) rubbing alcohol. Rubbing alcohol (97-98%) generally works for me, though I do have to work at it longer than I'd like sometimes. I may have to try 'the good stuff' after hearing this.

Though I'm a rum drinker which is probably not ideal.

Another thing that I found helps is that expensive can of electronics cleaner with the stiff brush on the end that radioshack sells. Not so much for carts, but for cart slots. It really gets in there pretty well, which is great for some of the more picky systems, like neo geo.

prs1c2264867w345we3.th.jpg

Here I thought you'd say to pee on them.

that only works with my pile of combat carts. Works wonders for them, and makes me feel like I've accomplished something at the same time. A shame it really doesn't 'clean' them per se...

IT WORKED FOR ME...MOON SHINE:)

If I have a cart that rubbing alcohol doesn't fix, I usually burnish the contacts with a dollar bill. If that doesn't work, I use a contact burnishing tool, which is basically an ultra-fine piece of sandpaper on a stick. Electricians use them for cleaning/burnishing pitted contacts out of motor starters and contactors.