IGNORED

ok so where are all the Rock Band 2 fans?

Shannon

The fact that its only out for the 360 right now is hurtin discussion I bet. If anything it should have been on the Wii first if it was gonna be releasing one before the rest as that would have made the most sense financially for the company. Heck I think it's dumb altogether that it wasn't released for all the systems it's gonna be on at once.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

I'm going to pick this up soon...I just haven't had the time to do it yet.

I think the 360 or PS3 would be the way to go for a game like this just so you could have DLC.

There is DLC on the wii also.

Really? Good deal then. Wii owners won't get the shaft this time. I assume its stored on an SD card?

I'm still grabbing the 360 version though, since it is BC with the instruments I already own.

There was an add-on pack that you could buy for the Wii and the original Rock Band. I do not know what it included.

I've already imported my rock band 1 songs into 2. They all import except for a couple. Enter Sandman is one of them. Plus I picked up several DLC songs to help with mucking thru the stupid set-lists which they force you to play thru in order to advance.

I've also noticed that some "set lists" force you to pick certain skill levels, which I found very annoying.

I plan on getting this game probably for Xmas. My brother wants us to both get it and play together online in a band.

I've never gotten a guitar game in the past. Rock Band seems interesting because it included drums and vocals as well.

I can see us getting drunk and having a blast.

I don't think I ever mentioned this in other RB/GH threads.

My sister visited a few weekends ago. She had her son, his girlfriend, daughter and a friend. My nephew was all hyped to see the rockband drumkit. So we hooked that sucker up. Had a blast!!! We would switch off on the guitars occasionaly (from bass to lead).

I was in charge of the footpetal when I was not on a guitar. Apparently it was a bit much for my nephew. :lol:

Later on the dreaded microphone came out. It didn't stay out very long, but they did have a little fun with it.

My son occasionaly participated but since he tends to lose interest on songs he does not like and goof off we would boot him out.

My niece joked how the drums sounded like a horse. clop clop clop. :lol:

Anyways it makes for a great party game. My sister was pretty amazed at it.

A friend of mine plays this series "competitively" and he had a solution to keep the drum noise down and reduce damage to your drumpads. He rubber-banded (clean) socks to the pads. It deadens the bounce and will keep you from marking the pad up.

I really don't have space for keeping Rock Band in the house, and I wouldn't play it that much. I do like being the bassist though and could reliably get the "most realistic player" rating because how I like to play.

... and the ladies... they LOVE the bassist. ;)

Hex.

[ No, I do not sing.... ]

The fact that its only out for the 360 right now is hurtin discussion I bet.

Right Shawn because no one on this forum own's an Xbox 360 right? LOL

Its more like the fact YOU don't own the Xbox 360 is hurting YOUR input into the discussion.

It's all about YOU ain't it guy?? ;)

Im trying to talk my GF and her sister into taking me to Wal Mart and getting this game.

Unfortunately they have someplace to be and wont take me. :(

Maybe this should be in the 360 forum....for now.

Edited by moycon

The fact that its only out for the 360 right now is hurtin discussion I bet.

Right Shawn because no one on this forum own's an Xbox 360 right? LOL

Its more like the fact YOU don't own the Xbox 360 is hurting YOUR input into the discussion.

It's all about YOU ain't it guy?? ;)

Im trying to talk my GF and her sister into taking me to Wal Mart and getting this game.

Unfortunately they have someplace to be and wont take me. :(

Maybe this should be in the 360 forum....for now.

How the hell do you know if I got a 360 or not? Stupid bastard. EDIT: I'm gonna add a " ;) " to make it all good like you did.

Edited by Shawn Sr.

to make it all good like you did.

Except I didn't call you any names Shawn Sr...right?

I remember your triad when I accidentally typed Jr. instead of Sr.

Do you remember that?

How long have you had this problem? You should really consider consoling. Not good to be so high strung and so combative over simple things friend . Here’s a winky for you even though I'm not joking in the least. It aint all good Shawn. ;)

I thought about starting it in the 360 thread but since it is a multiplatform game I chose to put it here.

Makes perfect sense.

The other versions of Rock Band 2 will be out in a few months. Maybe this thread will will get more replies and then Shawn Sr. can be happy and all will be right with the world.

Probably a good thing I didn't get the game yesterday. I had spent $150 on bars and cab fare. I'd have really racked up a tab if I had got RB2.

Edited by moycon

If I remember correctly the first Rock Band was 360 exclusive at first as well. The console makers pay for temporary exclusivity. They all do it and a lot of game makers participate. Saying that the 360 exclusivity limits discussion here is kind of ridiculous though. There are a lot of 360 owners here.

I would say it has more to do with the popularity of these games on Atariage. They haven't stirred huge discussion in the past. It doesn't seem to be a hot genre around here.

Anyway, I got the game and I am a little pissed because it likes to throw a DDE after a song right in the middle of a set and kick out to the dashboard. It is not the console because no other game does this (including the first Rock Band.) I think there is an issue with loading a song from disc right after playing a song loaded from hdd. It is pissing me off.

What is a DDE?

Doesn't sound good.

Also my understanding is that the copy of Rock Band 2 released now for the 360 is just the stand alone game.

The full package with the instruments wont be available for weeks.

I plan on getting the whole set-up.

For those interested in the game now, Amazon is offering a free 1600 points card with the Purchase of Rock Band 2 stand alone:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=...rd_i=B001BX6JUA