IGNORED

FS: Atlantis II & Cubicolor - SOLD!

Ed Siegler

Well, maybe not Stan Jr. He really cannot even vouch for himself let alone anyone else.

LMAO

I vouch for Ed 100%, known him for many years, top knotch. :cool: :thumbsup:

Thanks C, much appreciated.

I do not have them handy but if you look at the cartridge scans of the games here on AA, both cartridge pictures as well as Cubicolor's instructions were taken from pics of my cartridges.

I do not have them handy but if you look at the cartridge scans of the games here on AA, both cartridge pictures as well as Cubicolor's instructions were taken from pics of my cartridges.

I thought that Atlantis II was mine? :ponder:

I know I submitted my copy for the picture in a batch of stuff I sent over.

I thought that Atlantis II was mine? :ponder:

I know I submitted my copy for the picture in a batch of stuff I sent over.

That may be, but I sent my boxed Atlantis II, along with the letters, to Alex so that he could dump the ROM and scan everything for the guide. ;)

When they did the feature on Atlantis II, they credit me as well. So yes, that scan came from my Atlantis II

Just to be clear, I'm not calling you out on anything, nor am I trying to sabotage your sale. I'm just stating that I know for a fact that all the Atlantis II images were taken from my copy.

Good luck with the sale (I wish I could pick up your Cubicolor! That's something i never had!)

Just my two cents. When you try to sell items that are both in excess of $1,000 it is best to take current pictures of the items. For instance, say you lose 10 percent on a sale because of no current picture. If it is a $15 item no big deal. You lose $1.50. But say you lose 10 percent on a $1,500 item. Now you are talking about a loss of $150. That's like losing a day's pay because of not taking 10 minutes to take the picture of the $1,500 item.

Edited by homerwannabee

Atlantis II was just sold to Gospeedde. Thank you for the sale. I am certain that you will be happy.

DeusExMachina has just purchased Cubicolor. Thank you too for the easy sale.

Thank you to everyone for your interest!

Hey DeusExMachina, I thought you had a complete copy of Cubicolor.....what happened????

Edited by Wonder007

Atlantis II was just sold to Gospeedde. Thank you for the sale. I am certain that you will be happy.

DeusExMachina has just purchased Cubicolor. Thank you too for the easy sale.

Thank you to everyone for your interest!

Hey DeusExMachina, I though you had a complete copy of Cubicolor.....what happened????

Maybe he wanted it for the fact that it is an oddity and isn't numbered.

http://2600connection.atari.org/cube.html

Good deal !

Did either one break the 1k barrier?

I'd be suprised if they both didn't ;) :cool:

Both of these are all over the place when it comes to sale price as neither is considered a "release". Now that the sale is over I can say that they have sold for less than 1k more often than they have sold for more than 1k but they have occassionally sold for more than 1k.

Good deal !

Did either one break the 1k barrier?

I'd be suprised if they both didn't ;) :cool:

Both of these are all over the place when it comes to sale price as neither is considered a "release". Now that the sale is over I can say that they have sold for less than 1k more often than they have sold for more than 1k but they have occassionally sold for more than 1k.

Uhm, yeah, Atlantis II has sold for over $1,000 at least 7 times.

Edit: and one more thing. When I sold my Atlantis II I had 3 offers that were in excess of $1,000. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Edited by homerwannabee

Edit: and one more thing. When I sold my Atlantis II I had 3 offers that were in excess of $1,000. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Are you counting the ones with docs in that total?

I believe I paid $300 for mine and as one of the old-schoolers I can tell you that this game wasn't considered that big of a deal for a some time. I'll stand behind my statement that it has changed hands for less than 1k more often than it has changed hands for more than $1000 but I did imply loose as there is a big difference betweeen the two and a loose cart is what we are dealing with here.

I believe I paid $300 for mine and as one of the old-schoolers I can tell you that this game wasn't considered that big of a deal for a some time. I'll stand behind my statement that it has changed hands for less than 1k more often than it has changed hands for more than $1000 but I did imply loose as there is a big difference betweeen the two and a loose cart is what we are dealing with here.

Actually only one time this decade has an Atlantis II with Docs changed hands, and that was the one I won on Ebay 2 years ago. And so that only accounts for one of the 7 that I know of. Yes you did pay $300 for but you also sold yours as well and I would not be surprised if you got over $1,000 for it when you sold it. I also agree with you on the statement that this game was not worth a $1,000 ten years ago but a lot can change over a period of 10 years. But over the past 4 years this game has consistently gone for over $1,000. In fact the only time that of the sales I know of the game has gone for under $1,000 in the past 4 years was when video_game_addict lucked out with the $11.00 Buy It Now auction.

Actually only one time this decade has an Atlantis II with Docs changed hands, and that was the one I won on Ebay 2 years ago. And so that only accounts for one of the 7 that I know of. Yes you did pay $300 for but you also sold yours as well and I would not be surprised if you got over $1,000 for it when you sold it. I also agree with you on the statement that this game was not worth a $1,000 ten years ago but a lot can change over a period of 10 years. But over the past 4 years this game has consistently gone for over $1,000. In fact the only time that of the sales I know of the game has gone for under $1,000 in the past 4 years was when video_game_addict lucked out with the $11.00 Buy It Now auction.

You have not been around long enough to make these kind of claims, which is what he is getting at, ask FND what he paid for his and how much Rick paid for it when he sold it.

You have not been around long enough to make these kind of claims, which is what he is getting at, ask FND what he paid for his and how much Rick paid for it when he sold it.

Yes that is exactly what I am getting at.

Sure generally speaking the game has gone up over the last 10 years. Interest has also gone up generally speaking esp amoung the newer collectors. 10 years ago most die collectors didn't care about this one and truth is some of them still don't. When I bought Atlantis II (2001-2003) it was $300 while at that same time a loose Quadrun would set you back $500+ I should also point out that I didn't buy it from the original owner and he paid amoube the same as I did. If you want you can take this as a sign of a big price increase for Atlantis II over this time. However it also means many of todays long term collectors at that time would have rather had Quadrun than Atlantis II. Why? Because not everyone collects the grey area games that were never available for public sale.

Some collectors think Atlantis II is a big deal must have cart. No doubt about that but some collectors including those that have collected longer than I have do not. You would a have high sale sometimes followed by a sale that was less than a previous sale then perhaps followed by another high dollar sale. Over the long term I can honestly say its not been a consistant increase in sale price from one to another. Jumps up and down much like Coke Wins. So over time it has been a bit of a hit or miss for sellers.

I'm just trying to provide you with some background on the collector's market before you arrived. Based on what I have seen over that time I have always felt that strictly in terms of strict investment terms it has been unstable. It could go up like crazy, stay the same or go down. You see it as a home run and time will tell you may be right.

You know, now that I try and think back I don't recall how much I sold Atlantis II for. It may have been over 1000 only because Jose was paying huge money for everything at the time. I sold several of the rarer carts all at once and I honestly don't remember the exact ammount.