IGNORED

FS: Atlantis II & Cubicolor - SOLD!

Ed Siegler

As being an Elder Collector on the group. I have to agree with Buy, I have Limits I would pay on Items. I need. This is just to show My priorities. I know these are cheaper than they go for, but These are my limits. I would pay no more than $700 for a boxed Atlantis 2 I would pay $1800 for a boxed Lock Jaw. These are not will see offers, Like If iI had the money. But actual standing offers. Paypal in seconds. Offers. I had a limit of $500 on a boxed QuadRun. Iwent a bit higher. I got a sealed one for $550 A limit of $300 for Chase the Chuck Wagon CIB That is what I paid for Mine. Just my two cents. HHW

I know these are cheaper than they go for, but These are my limits. I would pay no more than $700 for a boxed Atlantis 2.

If you are only going to offer $700 for a boxed Atlantis II, I would advise to not go after the game at all. Call it hack, a not commercially released product or whatever. You will be better served that way because unless you get a sweet side deal you will not get it for that price. In fact I would advise anyone who really doesn't value this game to not go after this game. It is not worth your trouble if you could care less about the history of the game. Focus on the games that you really want and let this game be.

I'm glad I'm not in to all this for the investment point of view. I could care less if all the carts were worth only 1$ tomorrow. why because i NEVER will sell mine! :ponder: on 2nd thought i lied! i do care! i would like for them ALL to be worth 1$ so i can get the few i need cheap! :P

Rick

I do have to admit it would be pretty sweet if several thousand Condor Attacks, NTSC Ultrivision Karate's, and Gauntlets were found in a warehouse. :D :cool:

Edited by homerwannabee

I know these are cheaper than they go for, but These are my limits. I would pay no more than $700 for a boxed Atlantis 2.

If you are only going to offer $700 for a boxed Atlantis II, I would advise to not go after the game at all. Call it hack, a not commercially released product or whatever. You will be better served that way because unless you get a sweet side deal you will not get it for that price. In fact I would advise anyone who really doesn't value this game to not go after this game. It is not worth your trouble if you could care less about the history of the game. Focus on the games that you really want and let this game be.

How much did you get yours for????? :roll:

And BTW, I do have respect for the history and the Game itself, or I would not be willing to pay in the hundreds for it. I am just curious What is the most you ever paid for any one game?

And BTW, I do have respect for the history and the Game itself, or I would not be willing to pay in the hundreds for it. I am just curious What is the most you ever paid for any one game?

The most I ever paid for a game was $2,000 for my Atlantis II with documents 2 years ago. By the way I was the third highest bidder for the item an in auction where the reserve was not met. It fell into my lap when the top 2 bidders passed up 2nd chance offers. The price of an Atlantis II with docs is debatable. But everyone agrees that an Atlantis II with Docs is extremely hard to get. And it's always nice to get an Atari item that's hard to get. :cool:

The most I ever paid for a game was $2,000 for my Atlantis II with documents 2 years ago. By the way I was the third highest bidder for the item an in auction where the reserve was not met. It fell into my lap when the top 2 bidders passed up 2nd chance offers. The price of an Atlantis II with docs is debatable. But everyone agrees that an Atlantis II with Docs is extremely hard to get. And it's always nice to get an Atari item that's hard to get. :cool:

I know about your atlantis two purchase with docs. . Jesus Everyone in the world does. :D I am sorry,I meant, What is the most that you have paid for a game besides that. I am not arguing that is not Cool. I like it a lot, but it is just not that High priority on the list. The reason I wanted to know about your second hightest amount paid for a cart, I bet it dropped a lot from 2k because that was your priority. :) Also the other Atlantis 2 cart you had, did you pay less than $700 for it. :ponder:

I know about your atlantis two purchase with docs. . Jesus Everyone in the world does. :D I am sorry,I meant, What is the most that you have paid for a game besides that. I am not arguing that is not Cool. I like it a lot, but it is just not that High priority on the list. The reason I wanted to know about your second hightest amount paid for a cart, I bet it dropped a lot from 2k because that was your priority. :) Also the other Atlantis 2 cart you had, did you pay less than $700 for it. :ponder:

Paid $1,500 for it. So that was my second highest cart. OK, I think people need to know the story of why I got two carts. At the time 2 years ago I had $3,500 hundred to spare. The seller of the docs at the time had started the auction with a reserve. I thought so much of the cart with docs I was actually willing to bid $3,500 for it. I decided to incrementally bid up the auction to see where the reserve was. I was shocked that I had not hit the reserve when I bid it up to $2,000. But I decided to stop because I was going to have my large bid of $3,500 at the very end of the auction. Then Video_Game_Addict posted that he was willing to sell his loose one with the box sticker for $1,500. I decided to take him up on the offer and forget about trying to get the Atlantis II with docs. I was going to be content just with the cart. But then something funny happened Wonder made a huge bid and the reserve was still not met. At that point the Atlantis II with Docs was far from my mind and I was content to have my game. Then the seller put it up for auction again with yet another reserve. This time no one was bidding because what happened the first time. And then the seller decide to make second chance offers to the top bidders. My guess is because the seller monkeyed around with this so much they decided to pass up the offer out of principle or because they were afraid this might be some kind of scam. Then as the third highest bidder he made the offer to me. At first I was nervous about buying it. First of all Ebay said the second chance offer was on the item. I thought to my self did this mean the game itself or the game with everything else included. I decided to take a gamble and bite on it. As it turned out it came exactly as described and I got the Atlantis II with docs. So that is how I ended up with this item. Hence why at times I probably have been a little too excited about what I have.

Also, the highest non Atlantis item I bought was Pepsi Invaders in which I paid $1,100 for it. And after that was a Rescue Terra I boxed for $280. I have since sold both items in order so I could finish up my education. Which I did this past June. Although rare video games are nice to have, a Bachelors Degree is nicer. :)

Edited by homerwannabee

I'd like to have a copy of Atlantis II, but it's hard to justify spending more than one or two hundred on any game right now. Sure, Atlantis II is definitely worth more than that. If I ever get my 2600 collection close to complete, say, having most of the R9 titles and a few R10 ones, then I'll consider buying a genuine Atlantis II cart at whatever price.

My goals for collecting don't include getting all the games. They include getting copies of all the games I've ever owned, along with getting copies of every game made for certain companies for certain systems. In some cases, I do have copies of games that I may eventually replace with genuine media. That's probably how I'll get Atlantis II on cart. I'll probably buy the tools to build carts, and then build my own with the game's actual title and artwork on a dark gray label. All that will go into an Imagic casing, and that's pretty much that.

I think the one thing hurting Atlantis II is the lack of an original label or packaging. Add that to a game that really isn't unique, just a hacked Atlantis I, and it's easy to see why offers are so low for this game. I'd pay $500-1000 for a boxed copy with the letters, but for a loose cart I probably wouldn't go over the $500 mark anymore.

I think the one thing hurting Atlantis II is the lack of an original label or packaging. Add that to a game that really isn't unique, just a hacked Atlantis I, and it's easy to see why offers are so low for this game. I'd pay $500-1000 for a boxed copy with the letters, but for a loose cart I probably wouldn't go over the $500 mark anymore.

Well good for you.:) And to each their own. One mans treasure is another man's trash or so the saying goes. This cart is definitely not for everyone, and if you think of it as just a hacked game with no original packaging than it is best that you don't have it anymore. To some it has more significance than that and will always be a special game to them. That's what is great about Atari 2600 collecting. Diversity of opinion of what makes a special game. So good luck on finding your Holy Grail game. If you have it already than good for you. I already have mine and am content. :)

I'm glad I'm not in to all this for the investment point of view. I could care less if all the carts were worth only 1$ tomorrow. why because i NEVER will sell mine! :ponder: on 2nd thought i lied! i do care! i would like for them ALL to be worth 1$ so i can get the few i need cheap! :P

Rick

I do have to admit it would be pretty sweet if several thousand Condor Attacks, NTSC Ultrivision Karate's, and Gauntlets were found in a warehouse. :D :cool:

I AGREE!!! what about Atlantis 2 also? :P

Rick

Rick

Rick

:_( :_( :_( :_(

;)

Rick

Rick

Already happened, I just talked to an ex-Imagic employee who confirmed that 1000 Atlantis II mask ROM's were produced and that they are most likely in a dark corner of Activision's warehouse.

1.) Open cart.

2.) Swap ROM.

3.) Profit

Rick

Rick

Already happened, I just talked to an ex-Imagic employee who confirmed that 1000 Atlantis II mask ROM's were produced and that they are most likely in a dark corner of Activision's warehouse.

1.) Open cart.

2.) Swap ROM.

3.) Profit

Really?

That would make sense. Isn't 1000 the min order for ROMs.

Rick

Rick

1.) Open cart.

2.) Swap ROM.

3.) Profit

Really?

That would make sense. Isn't 1000 the min order for ROMs.

Rick

Rick

1.) Open cart.

2.) Swap ROM.

3.) Profit

Really?

I heard about this, but I didn't want to say anything , Yet.

Ok so in the 80's some company who were later bought out by another company produced 1000 chips of which they needed what 100? People are hoping that these useless chips are somehow still in inventory.

Good freakin luck finding the other 900. That is all I have to say.

I think the bigger concern is that someone else has 1000 ROMS made. They leak a few finished ones on the market until the market on this one drops like a brick and then they come forward claiming they found the stash and blow out the remaining ones while no one can tell the difference between the original and the new one.

I think one thing needs to be noted. I have the paperwork. If a situation where a whole bunch of chips were found it would not effect me because then more people would want more than just a loose Atlantis II. They would need something like a box sticker or the paper work as proof that their Atlantis II was real. If anything, this would make my Atlantis II with docs more valuable not less valuable. So if you guys are posting as some sort of jab at me, just remember that the jab is going towards those that paid a lot for this cart loose. Also the people who bought this game loose are pretty nice people. So I would hope people would remember that when posting. Also one thing for those that have this loose. If a scenario were to happen where there was a warehouse find, I would stop adding people who have this cart loose unless they bought their cart from one of the original 14 who are on the Atlantis II list.

Edited by homerwannabee

I think one thing needs to be noted. I have the paperwork. If a situation where a whole bunch of chips were found it would not effect me because then more people would want more than just a loose Atlantis II. They would need something like a box sticker or the paper work as proof that their Atlantis II was real. If anything, this would make my Atlantis II with docs more valuable not less valuable. So if you guys are posting as some sort of jab at me, just remember that the jab is going towards those that paid a lot for this cart loose. Also the people who bought this game loose are pretty nice people. So I would hope people would remember that when posting. Also one thing for those that have this loose. If a scenario were to happen where there was a warehouse find, I would stop adding people who have this cart loose unless they bought their cart from one of the original 14 who are on the Atlantis II list.

The Same Nice ex-Imagic employee Was talking about some kinda Paper work to.

The Same Nice ex-Imagic employee Was talking about some kinda Paper work to.

Well I also have 2 Imagic envelopes addressed to the Atlantis II cart winner. :P