IGNORED

Apple II emulator

Kaz atarionline.pl

Hi Guys

I asked several times,but got no answer.This emulator does not work on my PC. :woozy: I use the Atari Win emulator.What must i do to get it work?Everyone tells,how cool this emu is.Would be cool,if i could get it work.Help me,pleeeeeeaaaaaaase......

greetings gambler172

Edited by gambler172

Everything on 8-bit Atari is possible. This time Piotr "Artax" Mejer proved that Atari can emulate Apple II with reasonable speed! You can read more about in Polish* here and download program (and few Apple games) here (version 0.8 ). Piotr is looking for people who can test and report bugs emulator on the real Atari (required 128KB) with DD disc drive. Enjoy this incredible piece of software.

Has anyone got this to work on real hardware?

I have tested both the supplied ATR and also the XEX file on DOS II+, Warpdos and SpartaDOS.

I have tried it on my 1200XL with 256K Rambo, and also an 800XL with a Wizztronics 256K upgrade.

In every case i get a pink/orange screen with green/yellow horizontal bars. If I press START I get a flickering screen of "@" and then it crashes.

I'd love to see this thing running!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Graham

Has anyone got this to work on real hardware?

I have tested both the supplied ATR and also the XEX file on DOS II+, Warpdos and SpartaDOS.

I have tried it on my 1200XL with 256K Rambo, and also an 800XL with a Wizztronics 256K upgrade.

In every case i get a pink/orange screen with green/yellow horizontal bars. If I press START I get a flickering screen of "@" and then it crashes.

I'd love to see this thing running!

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Graham

On my (NTSC) 320K XE, I get an error message of "0803 ERROR : 09" after pressing START.

On the Emulator, the program gives the pink screen and freezes under NTSC settings (no error message).

The emulator itself crashes using PAL settings regardless of the machine/rom settings.

-Larry

Just to clarify, because Google translator is not perfect:

1. Remember that this program emulates Apple II+ and Integer Basic only (for now).

2. This is beta-version of emulator, author still working on, improving things.

3. Emulator required memory upgrades compatible with 130XE.

hi, i downloaded some games for apple II emulator robocom, indiana jones and other . . ) but they are in *.dsk format . But games included to emulator are in atr. how can I run my games in dsk in emulator or how can i convert them to art?

Artax prepared a special disc converter for DOS and Sikor used it to make a few discs, but this program is not user-friendly and still with bugs, so we haven't published it yet and waiting for improved version. Thus, I understand excitement but it is better to wait a while for nicer tool and first full version of emulator :).

Try setting the memory to 128KB or 320KB (Compy), machine type XL/XE of course, and the emu should work. Use the guide from the first post in this thread.

Hi Miker

Thanx,now i can see the title screen.But how can i load some games for it?I can move downwards with F3 and choose the options with F2,but that is all.

greetings Walter

That's OK. If you want to play some game, attach its ATR to drive #1 (no drag-and-drop just select this option from File menu). Press F2 (START) then. You can press F7 to speed up loading as the disk emulation is very slow.

Of course before that you can play with options in Apple emulator.

On my (NTSC) 320K XE, I get an error message of "0803 ERROR : 09" after pressing START.

On the Emulator, the program gives the pink screen and freezes under NTSC settings (no error message).

The emulator itself crashes using PAL settings regardless of the machine/rom settings.

-Larry

Update: still no luck with real hardware, but got it to run on NTSC settings on the emulator.

Hmm... an emulator running on an emulator. A neat hack to be sure, but maybe using an Apple II emulator might be a little more practical...

-Larry

It sounds like you need seperate CPU and ANTIC banking to run this emulator.

Exactly!

Oh well,

this is a big problem, since 90% of the memory extentions out there do not have the sep. Antic/CPU RAM/XRAM access... this includes my two Atari 800 XL computers with 576k RAM each... Looks like mainly 130XE users (and 800XE + 65 XE users that upgraded to 128k RAM and added the GAL / Gate Array Logic chip) can use this apple emu then...

Isn`t there another way to emulate the apple with this emu (meaning, without sep. Antic acess) ?!? Afaik, until now only two programs for sep. Antic RAM/XRAM access existed (Video Blitz and The Wedge), now the apple emu is the third program... but who is gonna buy another Atari (or upgrade their upgrade once more) for just three programs that use this mod ?!?

-Andreas Koch.

but who is gonna buy another Atari (or upgrade their upgrade once more) for just three programs that use this mod ?!?

hey Andreas, it's just a good old plain stock 130XE needed, the coolest 8bit computer Atari ever made. so why don't you just grab you one? :-)

grtx,

\twh

but who is gonna buy another Atari (or upgrade their upgrade once more) for just three programs that use this mod ?!?

hey Andreas, it's just a good old plain stock 130XE needed, the coolest 8bit computer Atari ever made. so why don't you just grab you one? :-)

grtx,

\twh

Well,

simply because I already have two 800XL`s equipped with 576k RAM each... there is no space for another Atari !

-Andreas Koch.

Well,

simply because I already have two 800XL`s equipped with 576k RAM each... there is no space for another Atari !

-Andreas Koch.

Again an example that in west germany the old 600XL/800XL line was more popular than it was in the east (east-germany, poland, czech). even though it's just a minor difference between XL and XE (only the case) I always liked the timeless design of the XE line much more and completely put all my XLs in the storage. The king of the Atari 8bit is the 130XE :) .. but uh-oh .. I'm afraid this is now off-topic.

grtx,

\twh

• 7 years later...

I am taking this thread out of the past... Would be nice to have the Emulator tested with Rapidus!

Too bad that i'm unable to find the thread and latest versions on the polish atari wiki.

Can someone with polish language ability help?

i got emulator V0.8 and a hint that 0.9 exist.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

And errm, the software is available for download here:

http://www.atarionline.pl/v01/index.php?ct=utils&sub=C.%20Emulatory&tg=Apple%20II%20emulator#Apple%20II%20emulator

I have also version 1.0 of the Apple-II emu in my collection (strange that it is not on aol), attached it here.

At one point KAZ did also send me the PC program to convert Apple *.DSK into Atari *.ATR, but I never used this program and errm, today I am not sure if the program I found (Appl2Ata) really is this program... it looks like it (this works under WIN XP 32Bit command prompt)... also attached it here.

Apple II Emulator 1.0 (128).xex

APPL2ATA.ZIP

• Like 6

I'll see if I can get this tested with Bob Woolley's XL14 accelerator. I'm quite sure that it has an expanded memory mode with XE-type memory. But I've never used that mode before, so I'll have to figure out how to do it.

What to test? Is there some benchmark that would be useful to see what we can get? Ahl? I know nothing about Apples...

-Larry