IGNORED

What do you have, that nobody else does?

doubledown

No mortgage

No loans

Pension

Very Secure career

Money to buy more games

.... and these memories from this summer

http://rubikonadventures.blogspot.com/2011/07/rubikon-adventure-quest-2011-part-1.html

and many more

http://rubikonadventures.blogspot.com/

:-)

Edited by GrizzLee
  • Like 4

No mortgage

No loans

Pension

Very Secure career

Money to buy more games

....and you're just BRIMMING WITH MODESTY! Would it be too much to see bank statements and W-2s, while you're crowing? I want to be TRULY impressed.

(edit: scan your last 1040 form if you don't have the W2 handy)

Edited by wood_jl
  • Like 2

Also my Debug PS1. I haven't seen one outside of ASSEmbler.

PS unit removed.

I remember scrolling through the very early pages of the "thrift finds" thread (seriously, I do that) and I saw the post you entered in from the day you got your PS1 debug unit. Its always stuck out in my memory, good to see that you held on to it all this time (although I don't know how long its really been).

Edited by Itchy Koala

Also my Debug PS1. I haven't seen one outside of ASSEmbler.

PS unit removed.

I remember scrolling through the very early pages of the "thrift finds" thread (seriously, I do that) and I saw the post you entered in from the day you got your PS1 debug unit. Its always stuck out in my memory, good to see that you held on to it all this time (although I don't know how long its really been).

Since I took that pic till this day. Basically 2 years. I don't think I'll ever sell it.

No mortgage

No loans

Pension

Very Secure career

Money to buy more games

....and you're just BRIMMING WITH MODESTY! Would it be too much to see bank statements and W-2s, while you're crowing? I want to be TRULY impressed.

Seem to have a struck a nerve here :-)

Not sure what a W2 form does for you...

I am proud of the fact that I have been working hard at my job for 22 years (very successfully), paid off my house, been married for 20 years have a very nice video game collection, have had some incredible life experienses with my son. Everyone should be so fortunate. I find no shame in that, nor will I ever. If you think I am rich... I wouldn't know what that is. I've never met anyone who seems to have enough... I put in 40+ hrs a week like most.

If you can't handle that, then this will really piss you off... I'm looking to retire early and do other things. There is more too life than work, money, video games... You should read the material in the links I posted. It was meant to inspire folks to do something other than video games.

Oh yes, here is my one of kind item in my game room.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/104472-my-unique-game-room-item/page__p__1266163__hl__joe+decuir__fromsearch__1#entry1266163

I've even had the original "stella" at my house.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/174682-video-game-documentary/page__p__2174142__hl__joe+decuir__fromsearch__1#entry2174142

If you (or anyone else for that matter) are in the Seattle area, drop me a line. Come over a for a beer, play some games... better yet, bring your outdoor gear and join us on a trek. Either way, we'll have fun.

BTW: Just got back from campimg in the North Cascades mountains an hour ago :-)

I'll quote an old Sean Kelly post here: "It sucks to be you."

-GrizzLee

Edited by GrizzLee

No mortgage

No loans

Pension

Very Secure career

Money to buy more games

No, not a nerve. I just thought some numbers should go with the claim. Unreasonable request? :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/104472-my-unique-game-room-item/page__p__1266163__hl__joe+decuir__fromsearch__1#entry1266163

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/174682-video-game-documentary/page__p__2174142__hl__joe+decuir__fromsearch__1#entry2174142

If you (or anyone else for that matter) are in the Seattle area, drop me a line. Come over a for a beer, play some games... better yet, bring your outdoor gear and join us on a trek. Either way, we'll have fun.

Well, you seem like a nice enough guy, and I don't doubt your success. Nice gameroom, too! I think that saying "It sucks to be you" is a pretty presumptuous thing for you to say, and not quite fitting with the nice offer a few lines just above.

I don't think it's a ridiculous request to ask for some numbers, as a boast deflates rather quickly without them. I assure you that I harbor absolutely no malice toward you whatsoever, and my only crime is to have taken the bait with your boast, when I ask the question, "How much money do you earn, and how much wealth do you have?" I think the boast rather begs the question, rather than there being some nerve struck (etc.) over here, eh?

(edit: Just looked at your gameroom pics more closely. Truly awesome, I do declare)

Edited by wood_jl

It was meant to inspire folks to do something other than video games.

Yep, we'd all just be sitting around playing video games, covered in orange Cheetos dust if it wasn't for your inspiration. :lol:

But even if your imaginary world became reality and you really had to enlighten the rest of us because we'd do nothing but play video games if it wasn't for your inspiration, you have to admit that it's kind of hard to get eaten by a bear and almost impossible to fall off the side of a mountain when you're safe at home playing Atari.

No mortgage

No loans

Pension

Very Secure career

Money to buy more games

No, not a nerve. I just thought some numbers should go with the claim. Unreasonable request? :)

Well, you seem like a nice enough guy, and I don't doubt your success. Nice gameroom, too! I think that saying "It sucks to be you" is a pretty presumptuous thing for you to say, and not quite fitting with the nice offer a few lines just above.

(edit: Just looked at your gameroom pics more closely. Truly awesome, I do declare)

My apologies. I never meant to boast about money... A W2 doesn't say anything about job security, mortgage, pension... I still don't get what that proves. All it is is numbers and you'll see the outrageous amount I pay in taxes. When you don't have financial burdens weighing you down, you can do other things. The intent of my post was more so about the hard work I've put in the rewards that follow. I guess Sean Kelly's words were a little harsh in hindsight. But then, Sean has a way with things :-)

My offer still stands. Come on by if you are in the Seattle area.

Someone mentioned my imaginary world? Nothing imaginary about it. I go on these big trips to the north on a regular basis (usually every year). Yes, stay at home and you are less likely to get eaten by a bear or even mugged on the city streets. But what fun is that?

Enjoy the attached pic of our remote camp in Kluane. To have an experience like this is well worth any risks IMHO. Agreed,it's not for everyone.

-Grizz

post-24-0-85267100-1312814563_thumb.jpg

Someone mentioned my imaginary world? Nothing imaginary about it.

Holy gopher gravy. The imaginary world is where you believe all we do is play video games and you are the enlightened knight in shining armor that must inspire us. That's not reality. It's a delusion that you have.

Many AtariAge members have posted over the years about their wide variety of interests. They don't just sit around playing video games. They don't need you to float down from the heavens to inspire them. I'm pretty sure there are at least a few AtariAge members that have better lives than you could ever dream of.

• Like 2

Someone mentioned my imaginary world? Nothing imaginary about it.

Holy gopher gravy. The imaginary world is where you believe all we do is play video games and you are the enlightened knight in shining armor that must inspire us. That's not reality. It's a delusion that you have.

Many AtariAge members have posted over the years about their wide variety of interests. They don't just sit around playing video games. They don't need you to float down from the heavens to inspire them. I'm pretty sure there are at least a few AtariAge members that have better lives than you could ever dream of.

Not sure where I stated all that. I apologize that you are personally insulted.

I am more than certain that many others here have other interests. I would hope that folks do. It's good for the soul. I know a good many folks on AA personally. They all seem to be good people and we've done other things besides video games together. Not sure why your so combative. I'm not sure if we've met at any of the shows or expos, but my offer stands for you as well. Come by for a beer if you are ever in the area. If you do, bring some of that gopher gravy with you. I've never seen that :-)

-GrizzLee

Not sure where I stated all that.

It's implied here:

It was meant to inspire folks to do something other than video games.

I apologize that you are personally insulted.

I don't think I'm personally insulted. I might feel a little insulted for all AtariAge members. The question was "What do you have, that nobody else does?" and when you said "no mortgage, no loans, pension, very secure career, and money to buy more games," you basically implied that nobody else has any of those things. And for those who really don't, it seemed like you were boasting and rubbing their noses in your good luck.

I know a guy who was in the top 1 percent of geniuses, but now his mind is mush and he plays with himself in public. It wouldn't take much to rip apart your inspirational life. The gods love to send down a figurative lightning bolt when we start thinking we're hot sh*t, so be careful. You don't want brain or butt cancer or a mountain lion gnawing on your neck while you're sleeping or a loved one falling off a cliff.

Not sure why you're so combative.

I don't know if you could call it combative. I'm just pointing out that you basically insulted AtariAge members twice. First, by kind of suggesting indirectly that none of them have a good life, then by implying that they do nothing but play video games and need your inspiration to see that there are other things they could be doing. You may not have meant it that way, but that's how it seemed.

I think you've already apologized more than once, so no need to do it again. I just wanted to make sure you understood how your posts were being perceived.