IGNORED

What do you have, that nobody else does?

doubledown

I've seen those Vectrex display stands. There are English Versions, as well as Dutch, German and Italian? versions. Personally, I would pay upwards of $1,500 if ever offered the chance to buy an English version (My first credit line, yay! :(). They are not one-of-a-kind, but ultra rare and highly coveted by certain (aggressive and rich) people.

I have two one-of-a-kind items. One is an Atari 2600 Missile Command signed by Missile Command (Arcade) world record holder Bill Charlton, the other is my Vectrex Distributor's display case, which I go into detail about here:

Edited by Desfeek

Where in the hell did you get that and for how much!?!?

Where in the hell did you get that and for how much!?!?

:lust: . . . what Stich asked!!!

Granted I just got this, but I'm pretty sure no one else has one like it . . .

post-24538-0-31592500-1315965518_thumb.jpg

I've seen those Vectrex display stands. There are English Versions, as well as Dutch, German and Italian? versions. Personally, I would pay upwards of $1,500 if ever offered the chance to buy an English version (My first credit line, yay! :(). They are not one-of-a-kind, but ultra rare and highly coveted by certain (aggressive and rich) people.

I have two one-of-a-kind items. One is an Atari 2600 Missile Command signed by Missile Command (Arcade) world record holder Bill Charlton, the other is my Vectrex Distributor's display case, which I go into detail about here:

Well the story is more or less told at this thread in the Marketplace:

Marketplace Link

Clearly I did end up buying it from him, and Desfeek, your feedback is one of the reasons I did.

Now in the pictures in the marketplace thread, you can see the cracks in the upper left part of the "bowl" the Vectrex sits on.

You know those cheap cowboy hats you could buy with an elastic on them, made of that ultra thin, hard plastic that would crack if you looked at it funny?

That bowl that the Vectrex sits on is made of that same plastic.

It cracks so easily, at some point I'm going to look at getting something made to the exact same form & color, with better plastic.

For the curious, I did get him down a bit from the $1k he was asking, but not by much.

Well, my rarest item is an original Aquarius 32K RAM. Jay thinks there may have only been a handful made. Back in 1983, it cost $79.99.. , youch!

Cart is in a longer cart shell, same as the Aquarius modem. The PCB board has no markings on it, except for a small paper sticker with a line drawn through it. I also have a 16K RAM cart. , but those are far more common, iirc.

post-2065-0-90555700-1316380916_thumb.jpg

post-2065-0-52084400-1316381067_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Here is something that I have that I've never seen anywhere else before:

ed91ae69.jpg

477cb6bd.jpg

677ca3ee.jpg

61d38917.jpg

e68f352c.jpg

I have one of these as well. The person I originally bought it from was up near Canada and also claimed to have purchased the stand from a Canadian retailer. So I am going to assume stores in the French speaking area had these.

If you look into various albums on the internet with photos from Classic Gaming Expo you will find my stand along side the US English version of this stand, and Dutch bubble versions of the stand.

I find it interesting that this stand looks in a sense like a cruder version of the US stand. I sometimes wonder which came first.

Hmm, interesting that this has come back up. I have a WIP of Labyrinth that lets you explore most or even all of the third level. It has a shield instead of wrenches. I also have a prototype of Phaser Patrol that has the word "Complete" hand written on the cassette label. I believe that's Dennis Caswell's handwriting. Both of those prototypes have Arcadia logos and the font on the labels is correct for Arcadia/Starpath titles. Get this, though--they're in translucent smoke colored cassette shells, not the white ones Arcadia prototypes are normally found in. They also have a LOT more tape in the shells and each of them has a second load.

I've got a LaserActive that can be used with a 32X. To my knowledge there's only one other LaserActive that was modified to do that.

I have 6 Nintendo Stack-Up games complete in the box for the NES. I have a Japanese Vectrex system. I have an unopen TurboDuo sytem that still has the registration label still intact.

I also have a Cuckoo Clock collection!

Anthony...

Edited by fdurso224

I have Animaniacs for genesis signed by Yakko, Wakko, Pinky and the Brain, but that is freaking awesome

I actually think yours is more freaking awesome. :)

If we're including non-rare items that have become rare through signing, my copy of Gradius V is signed by composer Hitoshi Sakimoto and cover artist Hidetaka Tenjin (who also signed my Macross Ace Frontier cover, which was also his artwork). In addition, my Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes is signed by cutscene director Ryuhei Kitamura, and several other games in my collection are signed by assorted voice actors.

onmode-ky

I have...

Pac-Man for the Atari 2600!!!

lol i bet no one has that!

I have nothing really impossible to find... but quite the rare items.

First, an almost complete set of the PC50* cartridges :

hj5twilivsjrhqt841-dsc01045.jpg

Those carts are nothing but removables "Pong-on-a-chip" chips. They plug on a Pong system of the SD-050 /SD-090 series. It's like, all the Pongs games on carts.

The only missing on is the "Fundamental" cartridge, which is the 6 game version of the Pong chip. Knowing that the Supersportic 10 games carts was shipped with almost, if not all, Pong cart systems, it's no wonder why it's nearly impossible to find.

The upper cart came with a set of two light guns, which I use to have too :

http://www.izipik.co...ql-dsc01036.jpg

ib86ythxrymijti18r-dsc01037.jpg

The system itself is rather common (as well as the Supersportic cart) , but it seems this range of Pong machine was never sold outside Europe, so here it is for your eye's pleasure :

hyq9y7mxk2h0k1ka7l-dsc00776.jpg

Second rare item is a PAL Atari 2600 Jr. Nothing special about it?

l9xynlm1o5g9jdchgb-dsc01341.jpg

Well this one doesn't have RF output, but composite video and sound output. This model, as far as I'm aware, was available only in France, and didn't sold much; the 2600 never got the popularity it enjoy in the USA, and when the 2600 Jr came out, it was even less popular.

Last but not least :

44txqf523qh3232p0v754-nordmende_teleplay.jpg

You may have figured it out thanks to the cartridge, it's one European version of the Fairchild Channel F.

This isn't an unique piece, but as far as I heard, it's a much rarer variant that the Saba Videoplay; and as it was never sold in France (or so few that it's virtually impossible to find one) it make it unique for me in my country :grin: (and it's so much better designed... all smooth and modern in style).

Edited by CatPix
  • Like 1