IGNORED

Yogi's Frustration

Numan

Does this mean you think the item is authentic? :)

Either that, or maybe that is a very expensive repro, using Chad's tech.

Years ago Sean Kelly and I had a discussion about this game. He knew someone who had an original and said something like "one day it will be mine".

Those days are over now though. :P

Ok but who was that someone. If 2 copies exist it might be easier to chase the other one.

For me it's the label that looks wrong. It looks like someone made a fake 'white style' label and slapped it on the cart. You'd think that a real proto would have a homemade looking label.

I'd be more interested in finding a proto of the first incarnation of this game with the Modern Times theme rather than the Yogi Bear one.

Tempest

Who here can make Intelli repros?? I sure as hell can't, take a look at the bus architecture and you'll know what I am talking about. :ponder:

There are people who can make Intellivision repros. It has already been done. Some have been sold. More are on the way.

The rom for this game is out there. It was being sold with the roms for CC3.

Edited by holygrailvideogames.com

Who here can make Intelli repros?? I sure as hell can't, take a look at the bus architecture and you'll know what I am talking about. :ponder:

There are people who can make Intellivision repros. It has already been done. Some have been sold. More are on the way.

I'd like to see one.

There are Intellivision homebrews like Stonix right? Someone has to be able to make or at least reuse Intelli carts.

Tempest

Oh yeah, I forgot about Stonix, obviously someone has made some boards then. Should be very easy to determine with the naked eye, if the board was made recently or 20+ years ago.

Ohh if the ROM is out there then even if it is legit it is not a big deal.

For me it's the label that looks wrong. It looks like someone made a fake 'white style' label and slapped it on the cart. You'd think that a real proto would have a homemade looking label.

I'd be more interested in finding a proto of the first incarnation of this game with the Modern Times theme rather than the Yogi Bear one.

Tempest

For sure My friend. That is not a Intelly proto shell. I am just curious on what is on the inside.

Let me note that there is a small group of Intelli fanatics who do almost all the big spending on that stuff, and some of them are losing interest a bit. Perhaps this guy was one of them. Anyway, the market is a bit smaller than the 2600 crazies, and this could rot for some time if the seller doesn't get realistic at the $2k-$3k price point.

And that shell thing is sooo suspicious, an interested party would already have negotiated pictures and provenance and made a decision. The fact that it has not been purchased yet is suspect in it's own right.

Should be called "Yogi's Exploitation", or the pimping of the Yogi principle.

Edited by ianoid

There have been several Intellivision homebrews at this point, including the previously mentioned Stonix. So the boards are out there, and all you need is a single board to make a repro of a holy grail such as this. The seller is a bit delusional about not sending any pictures without first placing a bid on the auction. To say nothing about the $10,000 BIN. What is it with people not wanting to send pictures? Do they not want to make any money?

..Al

There have been several Intellivision homebrews at this point, including the previously mentioned Stonix. So the boards are out there, and all you need is a single board to make a repro of a holy grail such as this. The seller is a bit delusional about not sending any pictures without first placing a bid on the auction. To say nothing about the $10,000 BIN. What is it with people not wanting to send pictures? Do they not want to make any money?

..Al

NOt wanting to open cart. I can understand if it was a real proto shell not wanting to damage it, but a fake shell. He should have taken pictures before it was put in. Only one reason not wanting to send pictures and you know what that is. :( I hope it is not true and it is real.

NOt wanting to open cart. I can understand if it was a real proto shell not wanting to damage it, but a fake shell. He should have taken pictures before it was put in. Only one reason not wanting to send pictures and you know what that is. :( I hope it is not true and it is real.

I haven't opened an Intellivision cart in a while, but I'm pretty sure the screws are on the bottom of the cart. The cart can therefore be opened without damaging the label, unlike 2600 carts. You're right in this case, though, the seller should have taken pictures before putting the prototype into this shell.

There's a very limited market for one-of-a-kind Intellivision protos like this, and if it is indeed a real prototype, you have to wonder why the seller doesn't take several (higher resolution) pictures of the cart, and of course the board before it was stuck in this cart shell (or if it was always in a shell, take it apart!) To say nothing about being a bit more descriptive about the item. How'd he come into this prototype? Is the game more or less complete? Was it originally a bare board that he stuck in a case? Did he make the label on the cart? And so forth..

..Al

I have personally bought a number of games from this seller before and have always found him to be rock solid. His feedback on Ebay is over 1000 and he's never had a negative in the 4 years he has been on Ebay. As far as this game being worth 2 to 3k, I just saw a Learning Fun II game for Intellivision go for $1200.00 a couple of weeks ago. Somehow I would think Yogi, considered the rarest for Intellivision, is going to be worth more than double a Learning Fun II which sold thousands of copies. If he did put it up for 2 to 3k, I can personally say I would be the new owner already. Check out the Learning Fun II auction for yourself.

Learning Fun II

I have personally bought a number of games from this seller before and have always found him to be rock solid. His feedback on Ebay is over 1000 and he's never had a negative in the 4 years he has been on Ebay. As far as this game being worth 2 to 3k, I just saw a Learning Fun II game for Intellivision go for $1200.00 a couple of weeks ago. Somehow I would think Yogi, considered the rarest for Intellivision, is going to be worth more than double a Learning Fun II which sold thousands of copies. If he did put it up for 2 to 3k, I can personally say I would be the new owner already. Check out the Learning Fun II auction for yourself.

Learning Fun II

Yes we have seen this. There has been a thread on it all ready. He does have good Feedback and been around for a bit, but that still doesn't explain why He won't show pictures of the insides. HHW

Yes we have seen this. There has been a thread on it all ready. He does have good Feedback and been around for a bit, but that still doesn't explain why He won't show pictures of the insides. HHW

That's the thing. Prototype are by their very nature extremely expensive items, therefore people need to feel that they can trust the source. When someone I don't know refuses to show me the insides for something they're claiming to be a prototype, I get very suspicious. Doubly so when the outer case appears to be generic or a repro. Couple this with a bad attitude towards questions and an outrageous price, and you've got a prototype that is never going to sell.

Just because a MIB version of a very very rare game sold for $1000+ doesn't mean that a prototype is worth ten times that. The two have nothing to do with each other, it's apples and oranges. Also, keep in mind that even the rarest and most desirable of 2600 prototypes (a system that is far more popular with collectors) rarely go above the $4,000-$5,000 mark.

Tempest

That's the thing. Prototype are by their very nature extremely expensive items, therefore people need to feel that they can trust the source. When someone I don't know refuses to show me the insides for something they're claiming to be a prototype, I get very suspicious. Doubly so when the outer case appears to be generic or a repro. Couple this with a bad attitude towards questions and an outrageous price, and you've got a prototype that is never going to sell.

Just because a MIB version of a very very rare game sold for $1000+ doesn't mean that a prototype is worth ten times that. The two have nothing to do with each other, it's apples and oranges. Also, keep in mind that even the rarest and most desirable of 2600 prototypes (a system that is far more popular with collectors) rarely go above the $4,000-$5,000 mark.

Tempest

Well said my friend. I also would like to add, if it wasn't for the 0 feed back bidder :roll: , On the Learning fun 2, It would only have gone for $430. :ponder:

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...em=120304958053

Edited by hhwolfman

Learning Fun II

So are you the seller or just paid to post on his behalf? :P

Learning Fun II

So are you the seller or just paid to post on his behalf? :P

The buyer is now asking over $20 for two Orphan Overlays. :? Mcgrail is that you???? :grin:

http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/wny1bob

Edited by hhwolfman

Learning Fun II

I'd rather have that MINT Learning Fun II than a dumped prototype.

Tempest

Well put.

The ones that sell for 4-5k usually have some of that cost recovered from repro sales and from what people have posted this ROM is already out there.

Not to change the topic, but I picked up the boxes for Learning Fun I & II (mint) a long time ago at PC2, but I don't have the games or instructions. I've never seen them sold loose either. Anyone want to sell them? :)

Tempest

Want to sell the boxes :D

Well considering the current market price, I'll sell them to you for only $800 a piece. :D

Tempest

Not to change the topic, but I picked up the boxes for Learning Fun I & II (mint) a long time ago at PC2, but I don't have the games or instructions. I've never seen them sold loose either. Anyone want to sell them? :)

Tempest

Want to sell the boxes :D

Well considering the current market price, I'll sell them to you for only $800 a piece. :D

Tempest

I could say the same on the Carts :D