IGNORED

Yogi's Frustration

Numan

Not to change the topic, but I picked up the boxes for Learning Fun I & II (mint) a long time ago at PC2, but I don't have the games or instructions. I've never seen them sold loose either. Anyone want to sell them? :)

Tempest

I have LFI and LF2 in my store. Both are loose. I am pretty sure though that I have the instructions for LF2.

Not to change the topic, but I picked up the boxes for Learning Fun I & II (mint) a long time ago at PC2, but I don't have the games or instructions. I've never seen them sold loose either. Anyone want to sell them? :)

Tempest

I have LFI and LF2 in my store. Both are loose. I am pretty sure though that I have the instructions for LF2.

PM Sent.

Tempest

Looks like the seller knew exactly what he was doing with Yogi. In response to the comments on Learning Fun II, the real question is how much could that game have sold for since the winning buyer had another bid on top of the winning $1200.00 bid. $1500? $2000.00 maybe? The fact is the game sold for $1200.00 and could have sold for more!

Looks like the seller knew exactly what he was doing with Yogi. In response to the comments on Learning Fun II, the real question is how much could that game have sold for since the winning buyer had another bid on top of the winning $1200.00 bid. $1500? $2000.00 maybe? The fact is the game sold for $1200.00 and could have sold for more!

Just because there's someone dumb enough to outbid a shill bidder, doesn't mean the game is worth that much. Sorry.

Tempest

Learning Fun II is worth what it sold for, "$1200.00!" It's not worth what you think it should sell for. Also, just because someone is new to Ebay doesn't mean its a shill bid. Every person on Ebay was new at some point. The prices on alot of Intellivision games have been going up and the extremely rare ones, especially when they are mint, are doing some large numbers.

Just because there's someone dumb enough to outbid a shill bidder, doesn't mean the game is worth that much. Sorry.

Tempest

The seller of Learning Fun II was Sean Kelly. I don't think that he would shill bid.

The buyer is the Intellivision version of Wonder. He is known to pay top dollar. He told me that he was trying to get the complete Intellivision collection new. I am not surprised it sold for that price. Learning Fun II is very difficult to find boxed. I have seen several more Spiker Volleyball boxed than Learning Fun II boxed. Brand new it is about impossible to find. About 5-7 years ago some new Learning Fun II were sold for $100 a piece but that supply dried up quickly.

Tempest

The seller of Learning Fun II was Sean Kelly. I don't think that he would shill bid.

The buyer is the Intellivision version of Wonder. He is known to pay top dollar. He told me that he was trying to get the complete Intellivision collection new. I am not surprised it sold for that price. Learning Fun II is very difficult to find boxed. I have seen several more Spiker Volleyball boxed than Learning Fun II boxed. Brand new it is about impossible to find. About 5-7 years ago some new Learning Fun II were sold for $100 a piece but that supply dried up quickly.

Well if it was Sean then I agree, no shill bidding took place. I was just looking at the 0 feedback bidder who bumped the price up over $800, it seemed suspicious...

Still, one sale isn't an accurate measure of what a game is worth. You need to look at three or four bids at least over a period of time to be sure, otherwise you get some outliers that can throw the whole thing off. Heck, I've seen Pac-Man (2600) boxed go for $70, even though everyone knows it's a $10 box max.

Tempest

Tempest

Would this be Hank Steinbrenner? :ponder:

Thank you Holygrailvideogame person! I am not trying to create any arguments here, I am simply trying to say that the prices are going up on some of this stuff and what you think it will sell for doesn't always match with the actual sale price. Look at your predictions with Yogi! Some of you were laughing at the seller when he said he turned down $6k. Looks like he told the truth. Anyways the point is simply that prices are going up and you should also be careful when you are throwing stones. I doubt that the seller of LF II would be happy about seeing that shill bid comment! The LF II seller is another rock solid guy with feedback above a 1000 and it's all positive. Oh wait, I said something good about another seller. I guess that makes me him!

Look at your predictions with Yogi! Some of you were laughing at the seller when he said he turned down $6k. Looks like he told the truth.

A fool and his money...

The LF II seller is another rock solid guy with feedback above a 1000 and it's all positive. Oh wait, I said something good about another seller. I guess that makes me him!

You know, an unwarranted snarky response with a low post count is not a good way to endear yourself to the members here.

Tempest

Tempest, You are right! I take back my snarky remark! Having said that, snarky remarks are also not a good way to welcome a new contributor either though! I buy alot of stuff on Ebay. I just happen to run across this when I was researching Yogi as I was planning on making an offer. And what this group was saying about that seller wasn't right! Anyways enuff said. Yogi was out of my league at the end of the day.

Yogi was out of my league at the end of the day.

Yogi was out of 99.999% of most peoples leagues. I think that was one of the points of this thread, wasn't it?

I just looked at the bidder who upped the price on the Learning Fun II by $800. Look at this bidding stats!

30-Day Summary

Total bids: 12

Items bid on: 2

Bid activity (%) with this seller: 83%

Bid retractions: 1

Bid retractions (6 months): 2

So he's bid on 2 items (12 times), had 2 bid retractions, and has 0 feedback. Seems mighty suspicious to me. Looks like Sean lucked out that there was someone out there that was willing to outbid a deadbeat/prankster bidder. I feel sorry for the guy who won it though, as he had to pay $800 more than he should have.

Tempest

Tempest

Rereading the thread, the point seemed to be that the Yogi seller was either nuts for asking the price he did or was doing something wrong. Seems to me that he knew what he was doing.

As far as the winning bidder on LF II, since he placed a bid on top of his winning bid, he was willing to pay even more. As far as he is concerned, he got off cheaper than what he was willing to pay. I don't feel sorry for him. I am also pretty sure that the seller doesn't feel sorry either. :D

Tempest

Would this be Hank Steinbrenner? :ponder:

It is funny that you metioned Hank Steinbrenner. His brother Hal bought a lot of Gatefold's from me. He had purchased some other Atari items as well from some other sellers. Since then I haven't noticed him buying any other Atari items. If he ever does get into the hobby the price of Atari items will go up quite a bit.

Rereading the thread, the point seemed to be that the Yogi seller was either nuts for asking the price he did or was doing something wrong. Seems to me that he knew what he was doing.

As far as the winning bidder on LF II, since he placed a bid on top of his winning bid, he was willing to pay even more. As far as he is concerned, he got off cheaper than what he was willing to pay. I don't feel sorry for him. I am also pretty sure that the seller doesn't feel sorry either. :D

Yes I said that the price was absurd and stand by that, but I have friends that do that crap all the time. Put up a high buy it now with take offers. It didn't upset or alienate the Seller at all, from me In fact I said the Seller knew Intelly stuff well. This comment Alienated the Seller himself (Thank you for your question and interest in my auction. I am sorry but because of the high value and extreme rarity of this particular game, details of this game and auction will not be discussed unless accompanied by a serious offer. All offers from anyone residing outside the USA must be approved first before I will open the auction to any particular bid. A Buyers offer and track record on Ebay will be considered before approving any potential bid. Prior customers of Vintage Rom with succesfully completed purchases will receive preference. I apologize for the restrictions but I have had too many attempts by scam artists trying to relieve me of my higher priced and rarer items...Bob )

Yes I said that the price was absurd and stand by that, but I have friends that do that crap all the time. Put up a high buy it now with take offers. It didn't upset or alienate the Seller at all, from me In fact I said the Seller knew Intelly stuff well. This comment Alienated the Seller himself (Thank you for your question and interest in my auction. I am sorry but because of the high value and extreme rarity of this particular game, details of this game and auction will not be discussed unless accompanied by a serious offer. All offers from anyone residing outside the USA must be approved first before I will open the auction to any particular bid. A Buyers offer and track record on Ebay will be considered before approving any potential bid. Prior customers of Vintage Rom with succesfully completed purchases will receive preference. I apologize for the restrictions but I have had too many attempts by scam artists trying to relieve me of my higher priced and rarer items...Bob )

I am not calling him a cheat or fibber, I just want to see the insides. I think it would be cool and Everyone else on here would like to, to. If we never do, I am not gonna lose sleep over it. Just thought it would be nice.

I don't see the problem with that reply. I would imagine he probably had some serious money tied up in that game. Look at the question that was sent to him. Where did this cart come from? Also could you take some picutres of the insides of the cart please? I would like to see the pcb (front and back) and any of the ic's inside as that would be the only way to verify it's authenticity. Has the person who asked this ever dealt with this seller before? Has he purchased anything from this guy before? Who does this guy thats asking think he is, that HE ALONE is the one that will verify it's authenticity to the world. I am pretty sure that alot of other sellers, if they owned this game, would have replied to that question a heck of alot nastier than what this guy wrote. If you have a game that you think is worth 10k why would you want to send that info on the game to just anyone that asks. If the info is then posted, seems to me that reduces the value of what you are selling or potentially opens it up to look alike repros being made. All I can say is if I owned it for that kind of money or the 2 to 3k everyone here thought it was worth, I certainly wouldn't be sending out info to just anyone that asked. I am making an assumption here that the person asking hasn't dealt with or bought items from the seller. If he has bought or dealt with the seller for a fair number of times then I might see this differently.

I don't see the problem with that reply. I would imagine he probably had some serious money tied up in that game. Look at the question that was sent to him. Where did this cart come from? Also could you take some picutres of the insides of the cart please? I would like to see the pcb (front and back) and any of the ic's inside as that would be the only way to verify it's authenticity. Has the person who asked this ever dealt with this seller before? Has he purchased anything from this guy before? Who does this guy thats asking think he is, that HE ALONE is the one that will verify it's authenticity to the world. I am pretty sure that alot of other sellers, if they owned this game, would have replied to that question a heck of alot nastier than what this guy wrote. If you have a game that you think is worth 10k why would you want to send that info on the game to just anyone that asks. If the info is then posted, seems to me that reduces the value of what you are selling or potentially opens it up to look alike repros being made. All I can say is if I owned it for that kind of money or the 2 to 3k everyone here thought it was worth, I certainly wouldn't be sending out info to just anyone that asked. I am making an assumption here that the person asking hasn't dealt with or bought items from the seller. If he has bought or dealt with the seller for a fair number of times then I might see this differently.

I myself would have posted pictures of the insides. Whats the big deal :? Are they a seceret? Will unexpected Con men, be able to Rip him off by,Viewing them. Just sounds like Its my Toy and nobody can view it, unless you pay me . Somebody did. Good for the buyer. I always like when somebody over pays on something esp,when it is my Auctions. ;-)

OK... I read the question and answer again a couple more times. The answer talks about out of the US customers. Is the guy asking the question in the US? Because if he isn't, I can see where the seller is coming from and might not just want to deal with just anyone outside the US on a high priced item. I know alot of game sellers that won't deal with anyone outside the US at all. I personally don't think that is right but I certainly can understand a seller on a high priced item wanting to be careful. Just my opinion.

I have absolutely no clue if posting additional pictures would be an issue with repro guys. Having said that it might be an issue with the price. Judging by what it sold for, personally I wouldn't 2nd guess the decision. Again, just my opinion and giving the seller the benefit of doubt. And again looking at the sale price it looks like he did everything right. Of course there is always the possibility that this could come back on the market again in a year or 2 and do double the price. Who knows? My crystal ball is cloudy on that possibility.

Very fun to read.

1) I'm not a proto expert but this look funny to me. Look like just to real and with the comment that he as done to the question and pictures LOL I will like to see some proto intellivision but I was told that they are very very very very rare. I never saw one even on ebay or on a picture. The intv communauty is very small and we do not have a place to meet. I mean real web site with forum like atariage.

2) I'm an intellivision collector and I think that I have spend more money on my intellivision then atari 2600 collection.

and for those that have not see this:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?a...y&id=110725

3) Yeah, BCP board are out there for sure. They are just expensive :) Unless you want to go and try to do you’re your own BCP. Few people are making intellivision game.

4) at one point, I started some research on own to do my BCP and just copy ROM inside. It could be done but only few people know who to do it and according to the anwer that I received from them, they will not share their secret :)

5) Will I paid 8K for that game. No. Will I pay 1K for that game…maybe.

As for Learning Fun 2 auction, I guess the main thing was because people got impress about the NEW and the shrinkwrappe. The seller mentionned that he did it himselft. So now, if you were the winner of this auction, will you open the game to see if it look new?

Several years ago, I bought a few INTV new games from a solid seller that had good reputation. One of those game was Learning Fun 2. I will bet you that if I put my game on ebay telling people that it's a new game, it will not get as much money as the other because people like the shrinkwrappe. By the way INTV game was not shrinkwrapped.

Edited by maximebeauvais