IGNORED

Yogi's Frustration

Numan

Thank you Holygrailvideogame person! I am not trying to create any arguments here, I am simply trying to say that the prices are going up on some of this stuff and what you think it will sell for doesn't always match with the actual sale price. Look at your predictions with Yogi! Some of you were laughing at the seller when he said he turned down $6k. Looks like he told the truth. Anyways the point is simply that prices are going up and you should also be careful when you are throwing stones. I doubt that the seller of LF II would be happy about seeing that shill bid comment! The LF II seller is another rock solid guy with feedback above a 1000 and it's all positive. Oh wait, I said something good about another seller. I guess that makes me him!

NO WAY will the buyer pay.

Either it is a fake bid or that auction is a sham.

No Yogi traded hands for those prices. You see this with rare comic books. A books "trades hands" for a higher than expected price only to be resold later. It is a way of artifically inflating value. It won't work this time. Rom is dumped , cart is suspect and the seller is one most would stay away from no matter how many times or ways he tries to sell it.

Edited by Buyatari

Thank you Holygrailvideogame person! I am not trying to create any arguments here, I am simply trying to say that the prices are going up on some of this stuff and what you think it will sell for doesn't always match with the actual sale price. Look at your predictions with Yogi! Some of you were laughing at the seller when he said he turned down $6k. Looks like he told the truth. Anyways the point is simply that prices are going up and you should also be careful when you are throwing stones. I doubt that the seller of LF II would be happy about seeing that shill bid comment! The LF II seller is another rock solid guy with feedback above a 1000 and it's all positive. Oh wait, I said something good about another seller. I guess that makes me him!

No Yogi traded hands for those prices. You see this with rare comic books. A books "trades hands" for a higher than expected price only to be resold later. It is a way of artifically inflating value. It won't work this time. Rom is dumped , cart is suspect and the seller is one most would stay away from no matter how many times or ways he tries to sell it.

I am not sure myself on this sale. I have been searching Ebay for Vintage games, for 10 years and collecting for over 25 years. I have never seen an Intelly game sale for that much. Proto or not. Esp when it has been dumped all ready. I don't care if the Wonder of the Intelly world, was involved. :ponder:

I am not sure myself on this sale. I have been searching Ebay for Vintage games, for 10 years and collecting for over 25 years. I have never seen an Intelly game sale for that much. Proto or not. Esp when it has been dumped all ready. I don't care if the Wonder of the Intelly world, was involved. :ponder:

Buyer: User ID kept private

Probably because they don't want to be hassled about dumping and releasing the rom for the prot... oh wait... :)

You never know I suppose, but this does seem rather fishy to me. I suppose we'll find out if it shows up for auction again in a few weeks.

Tempest

Probably because they don't want to be hassled about dumping and releasing the rom for the prot... oh wait... :)

You never know I suppose, but this does seem rather fishy to me. I suppose we'll find out if it shows up for auction again in a few weeks.

Tempest

Anything is possible. The Dolphins could go on a winning streak and win the next 50 football games in a row. It is possible......However, it goes against all logic. It goes against everything we know and all patterns have seen in the past. It just doesn't fit.

Tempest

I'm sure he is reading all of this. He will wait as long as he has to. Who wouldn't wait wait 2-3 years to make a quick 5k. Still we will all know it when it is resold.

• 1 month later...

David Harley sent this email to me today.

Ebay:

Have you seen this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...%3D0%26_fvi%3D1

Better yet, if you purchased it, please contact me.

There is another auction that is up:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=350099511372

This is *not* a prototype. I know because I completed programming the game and there were NO prototypes produced. If you have any questions regarding this, please email me.

Thanks, David

Edited by holygrailvideogames.com

This is *not* a prototype. I know because I completed programming the game and there were NO prototypes produced. If you have any questions regarding this, please email me.

Thanks, David

That's interesting. The auction states that this is simply a copy produced by Roger of Intelligentvision. If that's the case, there's no way it's worth $2,995.00. Not only that, I have tons of carts of homebrew games (complete with labels in some cases) that I produced before selling them. By this measure, I'm stinkin' rich!

..Al

Tempest

I'm sure he is reading all of this. He will wait as long as he has to. Who wouldn't wait wait 2-3 years to make a quick 5k. Still we will all know it when it is resold.

Well, looks like it is back up, after the fake buyer. What do you have to say now, Gtturbo :?

David Harley sent this email to me today.

Ebay:

Have you seen this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...%3D0%26_fvi%3D1

Better yet, if you purchased it, please contact me.

Thanks, David

Well, just to pipe up here.

I speak to both David and roger fairly regularly (via email). They were both a part of Intelligentvision in it's hayday. I sent an email to Roger after receiving this same email from David above.

Roger stated that they (Chris and Roger...Chris was the 3rd member of the team) made this prototype after David ended up leaving the group. So, this "prototype" is a real cart made by Roger and Chris. Roger also stated that the ONLY difference between this cart and the boxed games they sold is the label.

Hope this clears things up a little.

:)

Just to add on...I'm referring to the Same Game and Robots link. I didn't ask about Yogi's frustration...

Edited by Dryfter

• 1 month later...

Men the cartridge is a fake, it is a reproduction made in 2004, I have other similar of them (i just missed Yogi's Frustration and Dreadnaugh fracture), if you open it, it is written inside.

The seller is a thief and try to fool buyers not telling them the truth, i've contacted him telling him to tell the truth and he just put me in his banned buyers list without response.

Dont' buy it, at least not at the price he requests.

I suggest to not buying anything from him as he requests too high prices.

Alessandro Pace

Edited by Alex.Pace

Men the cartridge is a fake, it is a reproduction made in 2004, I have other similar of them (i just missed Yogi's Frustration and Dreadnaugh fracture), if you open it, it is written inside.

The seller is a thief and try to fool buyers not telling them the truth, i've contacted him telling him to tell the truth and he just put me in his banned buyers list without response.

Dont' buy it, at least not at the price he requests.

I suggest to not buying anything from him as he requests too high prices.

Alessandro Pace

I think the seller Really doesn't know if it is real or fake, but doesn't want to know. THat is why he won't open it. Then his 1k not 10k proto will be a $20 Repro. HHW

Wait a minute, "Same Game & Robots" is a "prototype" of an Intellivision homebrew game that was released a few years ago?

http://www.intellivisionworld.com/English/News/2005_02.asp

http://www.intellivision.org/IntelligentvisionGames.html

Since it appears to be a "prototype" of a homebrew game that was written and released well after Intellivision's prime, I can't even begin to wrap my mind around how one could try and get the astronomical amount of $3,000 for it. If that's the case, I have a ton of 2600, 5200, 7800 and CV homebrew prototypes (many with spiffy, unique prototype labels) and it looks like I'm going to be rich!

..Al

Anything is possible. The Dolphins could go on a winning streak and win the next 50 football games in a row. It is possible......However, it goes against all logic. It goes against everything we know and all patterns have seen in the past. It just doesn't fit.

Completely off-topic but...

How ya doing over there Nostradamus? :rolling:

(OK .. it wasn't 50 games but it got the AFC East eh?)

Hmm Let's try this again.

Anything is possible

The BROWNS could win next years SUPER BOWL

<<crosses fingers>>

Hmm Let's try this again.

Anything is possible

The BROWNS could win next years SUPER BOWL

<<crosses fingers>>

Clevland wins the bowl and you sir are a prophet.

Just because a MIB version of a very very rare game sold for $1000+ doesn't mean that a prototype is worth ten times that. The two have nothing to do with each other, it's apples and oranges. Also, keep in mind that even the rarest and most desirable of 2600 prototypes (a system that is far more popular with collectors) rarely go above the $4,000-$5,000 mark.

Tempest

Yeah, sometimes it helps if it is a great game too.

I think the seller Really doesn't know if it is real or fake, but doesn't want to know. THat is why he won't open it. Then his 1k not 10k proto will be a $20 Repro. HHW

He perfectly knows, i told him but he knew it anyway before, he's not stupid at all, just thinks people are stupid.

Alessandro Pace

• 2 months later...

If anyone is still looking for a new repo box for Learning Fun 11 they have some over at beeslife as well as Spiker, Thin Ice, Body Slam, Congo Bongo and World Series for the ECS. They are awesome and 100% perfect I am very happy with my set.