IGNORED

Sega Genesis Tecmo Bowl Question

crazytoy

First of all it is pretty fun. I am San Fransico And Jerry Rice and Fred Taylor, one of two always appear to be always opened. Steve Young what a team with Waters and Rathman Also.

1). How do I do a touchback? What button to press? Funny thing I got a kickoff and I could not return the kick because Pittsburg plays zoomed down the field and tackle me at the one. I saw who was the team like Kevin Green and Greg Lloyd so I understand. Two all time greats.

2).I do not want to lose my season or stats if I shut the game off. Do I have to keep the System on until the Season ends?

Anybody could help?

You can't do touchback's on the NES version and I would assume the Genesis is the same. I think you mean John Taylor not Fred, but yes they are one of the best teams on the game. The NES version gives you a code after each game thta acts as your "save". To pick back up where you left off you simply enter the code. Not sure if Genesis is the same. Tecmo Bowl is one of my all time Fave's.

I just got this game and i'm really into it.

I'm pretty sure you hit button "B" to touchback.

Try playing San Francisco Vs. Dallas, you'll get a high scoring game, just make sure you select a shotgun/deep play from the playbook (when on offense, press button "A", scroll down to playbook, press "A", and select any passing play from among the bottom four plays).

To try to break a tackle when running with the ball (whether from a handoff or after a pass reception), tap button "A" or "C" repeatedly and zigzag your player a lot.

I haven't played a season yet.

i have genesis game...it is so addictive...sometimes has a challenge...half of my wins i had to come back and win in the 4 quarter with San Fran. Not easy and gets harder

I just got this game and i'm really into it.

I'm pretty sure you hit button "B" to touchback.

Try playing San Francisco Vs. Dallas, you'll get a high scoring game, just make sure you select a shotgun/deep play from the playbook (when on offense, press button "A", scroll down to playbook, press "A", and select any passing play from among the bottom four plays).

To try to break a tackle when running with the ball (whether from a handoff or after a pass reception), tap button "A" or "C" repeatedly and zigzag your player a lot.

I haven't played a season yet.

1).Yes you are right John Taylor. I forgot about Brent Jones. Funny thing is Jerry Rice got injured. I replaced him with John Taylor and Ricky Waters. My Offense never skipped a beat.

2). Jerome Bettis is hard to tackle but never makes big gains, just need two tacklers. Just what I notice

3). I forgot about Dwight Stone And Rod Woodson on Pittsburg. What a great defense team

First of all it is pretty fun. I am San Fransico And Jerry Rice and Fred Taylor, one of two always appear to be always opened. Steve Young what a team with Waters and Rathman Also.

1). How do I do a touchback? What button to press? Funny thing I got a kickoff and I could not return the kick because Pittsburg plays zoomed down the field and tackle me at the one. I saw who was the team like Kevin Green and Greg Lloyd so I understand. Two all time greats.

2).I do not want to lose my season or stats if I shut the game off. Do I have to keep the System on until the Season ends?

Anybody could help?

Well i lost to Dallas to the conference finals. I did onside kick and recover to start the game off and scored soon afterwards. I was like this is going to be easy. Right after scoring I did another onside kick and recovered but did not score. Dallas scored after i punted the ball and I went really fast to the bathroom and they kick the ball off to me and when i got back it was safety and they got the ball back. After that never was the same and nothing but mistakes and fumbles and offensive line just killed me. Every play was a hurried play or sack. I greated underestimated Dalls and got burned. Dallas beat Kansas City 6-0 for the Super Bowl Title.

Speaking of endzone and punt touchbacks...press the middle button will touchback the play. For the Sega Genesis.

Another thing I notice was Randell Cunningham super fast release. Man you could never sack this guy.

I started another season and I have a better grip on things now. I used Rathman and Jones and Waters more for the short plays and use the long bombs for Rice and Taylor. I used the shotgun formations and I am 8-0 already. I use the shotgun formation since I know I will face Dallas again and will give me more time this time to throw instead of being sacked every time.

Rice, Taylor, and Waters are all out with injuries. I used Rathman as my main running back. Logan as the Full back.

Wide receivers are the backup tightend and back up Wideout Hernadez I believe.

Tight end is Odesa Turner.

It seems like Rathman and Turner get open alot but you could time my luck is running really thin. One more injury I will have nothing but a headache.

1).Yes you are right John Taylor. I forgot about Brent Jones. Funny thing is Jerry Rice got injured. I replaced him with John Taylor and Ricky Waters. My Offense never skipped a beat.

2). Jerome Bettis is hard to tackle but never makes big gains, just need two tacklers. Just what I notice

3). I forgot about Dwight Stone And Rod Woodson on Pittsburg. What a great defense team

Anybody could help?

...and for a blowout, try N.Y. Jets vs Indianapolis (the Colts didn't even bother to show up for that one, yikes!)...

Actually I just scored 77 Points with San Franisco against Arizona or Phoenix?? with lots of luck. I recovered 3 onside kicks, 2 Touchdowns one at the end of the first half and second half, using time out properly, 3 turnovers by Phoenix, getting 20 sacks, and several long bombs to Jerry Rice. Steve Young had over 700 yards passing. Phoenix offensive line is aweful. Next time I will take pictures of the score:)