Turbografx-16 HSC Round 2 *R-Type*

Atari5200

Hello All. Round 2 will be R-type!!!

SCREEN SHOT

rtype-tg164.png

Until I can get this under it's own forum, the rules are as follows:

Any controller scheme is fine.

Emulation is ok.

Any region of the game is fine as long as it is fundamentally the same game.

Screen shots preferred but not necessary to post a score

NO CHEAT CODES

Competition will end: 11/02/2008

CURRENT LEADER BOARD: none yet

Edited by Atari5200

*runs to TurboGrafx to begin a late-night game of R-Type*

And this was the score I ended with: 240,600

I will give it another run, as I know I can do much better than this(even though Stage 6 is like a dead end for me, can't proceed past there before using a continue).

EDIT: New score: 301,200. Yeah, not that much better.

Edited by Ace_1

How long will we have on this? I probably won't get any play time until this weekend.

(EDIT) I doubt I will be competing for the top score, but it'll give me a reason to be humming the music all week. For some reason I really like the music in this game.

Edited by Eltigro

R-type, I remeber on e of my favorites in arcade and at home

Hello All. Round 2 will be R-type!!!

SCREEN SHOT

rtype-tg164.png

Until I can get this under it's own forum, the rules are as follows:

Any controller scheme is fine.

Emulation is ok.

Any region of the game is fine as long as it is fundamentally the same game.

Screen shots preferred but not necessary to post a score

NO CHEAT CODES

Competition will end: 11/02/2008

CURRENT LEADER BOARD: none yet

New score: 308,400

I have a little question for game suggestions. Are you allowed to suggest a game that never got a North American release? If so, I will suggest one for Week 3 once the competition for R-Type nears its end.

Edited by Ace_1

I have a little question for game suggestions. Are you allowed to suggest a game that never got a North American release? If so, I will suggest one for Week 3 once the competition for R-Type nears its end.

I will consider it if a rom is available for people to at least emulate it.

There is a ROM available for it. Actually, I will suggest 4 import-only games, one of which is getting a North American release on the Wii Virtual Console. So all games have ROMs available, but one of the games is a PC Engine Super CD-ROM(would these be accepted?). I'd like to stick to the shooter theme for as long as I possibly can, so I can take part in the TurboGrafx/PC Engine HSC for as long as possible.

By the way, if you want I can suggest the game now.

There is a ROM available for it. Actually, I will suggest 4 import-only games, one of which is getting a North American release on the Wii Virtual Console. So all games have ROMs available, but one of the games is a PC Engine Super CD-ROM(would these be accepted?). I'd like to stick to the shooter theme for as long as I possibly can, so I can take part in the TurboGrafx/PC Engine HSC for as long as possible.

By the way, if you want I can suggest the game now.

Now you've got me curious. What are the one's you're thinking of? I can think of some good ones as well, such as Salamander, Gradius II Goffer, Sidearms Special, Browning or Xevious.

Hey, you can always turn to emulation to play it(or the Wii Virtual Console if you have a Japanese Wii, which is how I'll play any PC Engine Gradius games). I was gonna suggest Salamander for Week 4 and Gradius II for Week 5. My suggestion for Week 6 will remain secret.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...