IGNORED

Why I love my wife...

Snider-man

She and I were poking around in a Goodwill we frequent. I had already looked through the toy section and, finding nothing of interest, had moved on to the old books. She started poking through the toy section on her own when she began calling me over. I rolled my eyes, thinking she had found an old Combat cart or something.

Turns out she had opened up an old cardboard box I had previously ignored. The damn thing was FULL of 2600 carts and instructions and catalogs! When I got there, she said, "Didn't you always tell me to look in boxes?" The box was also marked "Atari carts, $4.99 for all." Needless to say, we paid for them and got outta there.

Here's the score. Most of the 30-someodd carts are common to average rarity. All were Atari releases (one or two Activisions). There are a few gems like Double Dunk, Super Football, Gravitrex, and the like. Nothing insanely rare......EXCEPT ONE! At the bottom of the box was a DEMOLITION HERBY! FANCY HANDLE! WITH INSTRUCTIONS!

So, for $5, got a rarity 7 cart with instructions and tradebait to last me several months. I love my wife. I trained her well in the art of snooping. And she stopped me from making a horrid mistake.

Just goes to show that we girls CAN be nice to have around once in a while! lol But it does work both ways... my ex-hubby hated going to flea markets and garage sales looking for "stoopid atari stuff" Probably one of the reasons i had ta kick him to the curb! LOL

Kudos to the wife who stands by her mans Atari addiction! :D

see yas!

Tifany

Snider,

Back that train up a bit. Not only does your wife allow your habit, but she GOES to place with you?

"Didn't you always tell me to look in boxes?" You have got to be BS'ing us.

I have had S.O.'s say "it's either me or the games." I've never had one willing to go anywhere to look for them much less help out. I've been knocked for running around early Sunday mornings in search of the Holy Grail.

:x

He's making this up.

nah i doubt it snider-mans a nice guy but i even know that crazy " got to get up at 6:00 am" every saterday morning in hopes i can get some awesome carts or systems when i go garage saling EVERY SATERDAY

the funny thing is its harder 4 me cause of my age ( 14) but im alright at finding stuff and my dad is out alot for work so hes in and out of EVERY thrift for me ( hes an amazing dad ) but now im on a HUGE freaking lucky streek i mean last week i got a 2600 jr long rainbow with hook ups 2 controllers and 15 games for 4$ canadain and im ALWAYS getting crazy deals like this although i dont really have anything rare cause i cant buy of e-bay ( family rule ) and i havent been lucky enough to grab anything rarer then a 5 so far yet

Back that train up a bit. Not only does your wife allow your habit, but she GOES to place with you?

Yup. You see, she's an elementary school teacher. Her "thrift store obsession" is old magazines. I guess she uses them in class for the kids to cut out puctures and make things like collages and stuff. She also is always looking for old kid's books for her library and old board games for when it's raining and they have recess indoors. She's as big a thrift nut as I am. Therefore, I track down stuff she's looking for and she looks out for things I'm looking for. Been collecting for years and she knows my two Rules of Thumb:

1. Always look in closed cardboard boxes. Those seem to be what people drop off systems in.

2. Combat, ET and Pac-man are too common to be bothered with. (I got tired of her finding a Combat mixed in with the 8-tracks and calling me over.

"Didn't you always tell me to look in boxes?" You have got to be BS'ing us. He's making this up.

Actually I pity you that YOU'VE hooked up with shrewish women that would belittle something that brings you happiness. Christ, what kind of taste have you got in women anyway?

I think my rep on these boards (and in person with many of these folks) stands for itself. And I could care less if you believe me or not.

Oh, and for you Ohio/Ky folks, most of these carts are destined for CinciClassic in Oct. (except for the Demolition Herby)! Swing by my booth and sort through my wife's findings! (She gets half of what they bring in though...)

Hey SS!

Im from Oklahoma, and if you shower me with Love, Attention, Admiration, And tons of Rare Atari Goodies, I just could be yours! LOL

Tify :love:

Oklahoma. Bummer. :sad:

A bit too much of a commute from Pennsylvania, I'm afraid. Moving anytime soon? ;)

There are no women who love videogames in Pennsylvania.

Don't I know it! :sad:

I don't ask for much, really. Just a girl who loves Atari, Doctor Who, and Punk Rock. Why should that be so hard to find? ;)

They're not THAT hard to find :wink:

Apparently you're not looking in the right places!

Tim, I don't know if this motivates your wife at all, BUT, besides my own interest in games, I'm always poking around and going to the fleas, lawn sales, whatnot w/my boyfriend because once, just ONCE, I'd love to find that super-ultra-rare find in the wild, so I can carry it over to him and watch his face light up as I say, "Hey, look what was in this box over there..." :D