IGNORED

7800 Super Pac-Man - I found the bug!

PacManPlus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thanks HammR25.... I just saw that link in another post about SI. As long as those carts are legit, I'll order one. Meaning that if PacManPlus isn't getting ripped off by someone jacking his code....

I was kinda hoping he'd do a limited run for sale on here... but I'll take what I can get. ;)

Thanks HammR25.... I just saw that link in another post about SI. As long as those carts are legit, I'll order one. Meaning that if PacManPlus isn't getting ripped off by someone jacking his code....

I was kinda hoping he'd do a limited run for sale on here... but I'll take what I can get. ;)

It not the first time for online stores to sell homebrew Atari games outside the Atari Store a first place. Atari Jaguar and Lynx games were sold at the Goat Store. Goat Store even said that Songbird Productions allowed them to sell the games based on an Agreement.

PacManPlus may not getting ripped off by someone jacking his code. PacManPlus and Good Deal games communicated with each other before.

Good Deal Games posted an interview with him early this year sometime after they closed and before they reopened. That interview is found on http://www.gooddealgames.com/interviews/int_DeCrescenzo.html .

Since Good Deal Games did an interview with PacmanPlus, it is possible that PacmanPlus made cartridges for Good Deal games to sell his games.

Edited by 8th lutz

I'd feel better about it if the homebrew developers in question (PacManPlus in this case) announce that they have an agreement and aren't getting ripped off. Otherwise I'm just trusting the word of 3rd parties.

Edited by gdement

Hi guys:

Mike at GoodDealGames bought a *crapload* of games from Al to sell on his site. He also asked me if I would make some repros of some 5200 games and some 7800 ones. The 7800 ones I made were Sirius, Plutos, Rampart, PMC, Super Pac-Man, Space Invaders, Asteroids Deluxe, and Space Duel. Pretty much the ones that I made or had some involvement in getting working.

He stated to me several times that he doesn't want to host anything on his site that should not be there - and I made the ones that I thought were ok (if anyone sees that there are homebrews/prototype repros on his site that should not be there, please let me know, and I'll stop making them, and forward that information to him). He also asked me to make him a few Super Pac-Man and Space Invaders for him, so I obliged. This was a while ago when he stopped by my house, so I actually figured Albert would have them in the store by the time Mike was ready to show his site so it would be a non-issue. I asked Albert if it was ok and he said yes.

Albert, if I am mis-remembering any of the above, *please* tell me. The last thing I want to do is do someone wrong.

Thanks,

Bob

Thanks for the clarification. So the store here is/was planning to sell Space Invaders and Super Pacman then? Question I guess is whether it will in the future or not, or whether I will order SPM from GDG instead. Out of interest, given SI was a limited, numbered cart, how does the label on these ones at GDG differ?

Thanks for the clarification. So the store here is/was planning to sell Space Invaders and Super Pacman then? Question I guess is whether it will in the future or not, or whether I will order SPM from GDG instead. Out of interest, given SI was a limited, numbered cart, how does the label on these ones at GDG differ?

Yes on both counts.

The only difference between the Space Invaders that he has and the run that I did is that his carts don't have the numbers on them (other than the CX78SI).

Hopefully I didn't cause any issues.

Thanks,

Bob

Thanks for the info, dude! I know that Al sells stuff through the store to help pay for this site that we all use, so I prefer to buy an available title here. If Super Pac Man is going to be available here in a month or so, I can wait. If not, then why wait? Either way, you've been paid... so that is out of the way. Just wanted to make sure these weren't unauthorized repros.

Thanks for the info, dude! I know that Al sells stuff through the store to help pay for this site that we all use, so I prefer to buy an available title here. If Super Pac Man is going to be available here in a month or so, I can wait. If not, then why wait? Either way, you've been paid... so that is out of the way. Just wanted to make sure these weren't unauthorized repros.

I really hate to say it, but I been waiting since x-mas.

I figured Al has to be very busy, and ordered from GDG last week. Otherwise, I would have bought from Al in a heart beat.

I just hope all is well with Al and he is just taking a much needed break.

Raul

• 5 months later...

Because he spends what little free time he has using his intellect and working hard - quite unselfishly, for others. Also why he doesn't always get a chance to post that much more often then not and when he does post it's related to coding and his work.

We are very lucky to have members like him in our community! :)

ie. PacManPlus is a good example for you or any of us to follow!

Because he spends what little free time he has using his intellect and working hard - quite unselfishly, for others. Also why he doesn't always get a chance to post that much more often then not and when he does post it's related to coding and his work.

We are very lucky to have members like him in our community! :)

Here Here! I'll drink to that( and I dont usually drink at all...) :P

Awww - shucks, thanks guys :)

I really appreciate the kind words. Not to be too mushy, but if it weren't for good people like yourselves I would have been gone a long time ago.

Y'all are great!

Bob

BTW, Gorf I haven't really been deep into what you sent me yet... I had already involved myself in another project that I am finding difficult to tear myself away from. You know which one it is. ;)

BTW2, Chicky, I may have a side project for you to make carts for... everyone seems to want the Crazy Otto hack of Ms. Pac-Man, so now that there are better shots of the game I may make it.

BTW2, Chicky, I may have a side project for you to make carts for... everyone seems to want the Crazy Otto hack of Ms. Pac-Man, so now that there are better shots of the game I may make it.

If you wait for the arcade rom release after Christmas you'll be able to see (and hear) everything.

Allan